Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How can our Military ever respect Obama?

Sho_Sho

If Obama is elected as President, how can our troops serve him after the comments he made about them? And the comments his wife made about us. I am not a "mean, sloth that is complacent,"

I work 2 jobs only to be FORCED to give $9,000 of what I make a year to taxes. So I don’t want any man or his wife in office that has never been proud of this country until it looks like she and her husband have a shot at the White House.

There is NO getting around what they said, it’s NOT a miss- quote, She said it and MEANT it, in-fact she said it twice!

I can’t support anyone who has a dislike for our country unless they are running it. I/We don’t run this country, We work hard every day and have to hand over $9,000 + a year to our government so they can run this country, NONE of them are respecting what we people do, we fight their wars( 2 of my brothers did anyway) we pay their bills so they can sit on a podium and tell us how lazy and mean we are.

So excuse me if I think those two have no busienss being President and 1st lady with commnets like that.

"Asked whether he would move U.S. troops out of Iraq to better fight terrorism elsewhere, he brought up Afghanistan and said, "We've got to get the job done there and that requires us to have enough troops so that we're not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians, which is causing enormous pressure over there."

Or Mrs. Obama

"We’re a country that is “just downright mean,” we are “guided by fear,” we’re a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents. “We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day,”

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• InHuman

• The Silver Thong

• danielost

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Obama is elected as President, how can our troops serve him after the comments he made about them? And the comments his wife made about us. I am not a "mean, sloth that is complacent,"

I work 2 jobs only to be FORCED to give $9,000 of what I make a year to taxes. So I don’t want any man or his wife in office that has never been proud of this country until it looks like she and her husband have a shot at the White House.

There is NO getting around what they said, it’s NOT a miss- quote, She said it and MEANT it, in-fact she said it twice!

I can’t support anyone who has a dislike for our country unless they are running it. I/We don’t run this country, We work hard every day and have to hand over $9,000 + a year to our government so they can run this country, NONE of them are respecting what we people do, we fight their wars( 2 of my brothers did anyway) we pay their bills so they can sit on a podium and tell us how lazy and mean we are.

So excuse me if I think those two have no busienss being President and 1st lady with commnets like that.

"Asked whether he would move U.S. troops out of Iraq to better fight terrorism elsewhere, he brought up Afghanistan and said, "We've got to get the job done there and that requires us to have enough troops so that we're not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians, which is causing enormous pressure over there."

How can a person who crawled up from the bottom to a position as senator hate the country? How do you hate the whole country anyway? Do conservatives hate america because they hate San Francisco?

I'm sorry, but anyone who isn't a little realistic about the mess the country(and as a result, the world) is in is clearly not mentally fit to lead.

Or Mrs. Obama

"We’re a country that is “just downright mean,” we are “guided by fear,” we’re a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents. “We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day,”

It's not a pretty comment, but can you refute it? The US hasn't attacked an equally powerful country since WW2. The last presidential election was ruled by fear of gay marriage. People are giving up freedoms out of a fear of terrorism which is really baseless. You have a higher chance of getting cancer, or being in a car crash, or being struck by lightning than being involved in a terrorist attack in the US, so why all the paranoia?

well, not that I want to support anybody attacking the military, all I can say is: Truth hurts.

What ! so now Obama is getting the crappy end of the stick for telling the truth? What do you people want for god's sake? a cushy soft little speech about how great and wonderful America is. Some people should just stop waving the flag for 5 min and look around.

Had to add, what does Obama have to do with your income tax's? He didn't impliment the tax every single person has to pay...

Edited by The Silver Thong

What ! so now Obama is getting the crappy end of the stick for telling the truth? What do you people want for god's sake? a cushy soft little speech about how great and wonderful America is. Some people should just stop waving the flag for 5 min and look around.

Had to add, what does Obama have to do with your income tax's? He didn't impliment the tax every single person has to pay...

First off. Both of my brothers were sent to Afghanistan, twice, and they or anyone in their unit NEVER EVER killed civilians or bombed a village, they are in the Mountains clearing out caves where the Taliban hid, and collecting the weapons the Taliban was using on our troops. They were getting shot at, and one of my brothers had his best friends head shot off right next to him and had his brains splatter all over him, still they have NEVER killed an innocent civilian.

They have never once complained about serving their country and I am sick and tired of hearing people talk crap and say things they don’t know what they are talking about. They are not murdering innocent people. Our government sends them in and then turns their back on them.

I do not want cushy speeches, I know how bad America has gotten, but I also don’t like being insulted by the people who are trying to preside over us and having my brothers being insulted after everything that they have gone through and done for their country.

At least McCain respects our service men and women. That’s more than what I can say of Obama and his horrible wife. It’s a total slap in the face for our guys in the military to hear the people who sent them to war in the first place say these things about them.

First off. Both of my brothers were sent to Afghanistan, twice, and they or anyone in their unit NEVER EVER killed civilians or bombed a village,

Your brothers may have not...but the Air Force sure is notorious for bombing weddings, I believe they just hit a score of them since the conflict started.

Just because Obama is saying what every analyst of the conflict says (behind closed doors) publicly does not make it less true. And pretending that everything is OK in Afghanistan just because it serves to wave flags does not make it true either.

You are excused, you may think as you like.

However, they don't "dislike America". They dislike what America's become, and where the ChristoFascists are taking it: A fascist, Christian, anti-liberty, anti-science, and stupid country.

I fully agree with them, which is why I want Obama in the white house.

You don't agree with him? You WANT to kill civilians and innocent people.

Whether you like it or not, American Troops have killed innocent civilians.

She is talking about America under the ChristoFascists and Christian Conservatives who are taking over the country.

If you don't agree with Michelle and Obama on these, well then, vote for them to keep it that way!

First off. Both of my brothers were sent to Afghanistan, twice, and they or anyone in their unit NEVER EVER killed civilians or bombed a village, they are in the Mountains clearing out caves where the Taliban hid, and collecting the weapons the Taliban was using on our troops. They were getting shot at, and one of my brothers had his best friends head shot off right next to him and had his brains splatter all over him, still they have NEVER killed an innocent civilian.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2007-06-24-karzai_N.htm

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0925-02.htm

http://www.cursor.org/stories/civilian_deaths.htm

http://news.antiwar.com/2008/08/26/un-conf...d-in-us-attack/

http://www.rawa.org/temp/runews/2008/09/16...fghanistan.html

Reality disagrees. Quite frankly, THAT'S GREAT for that one unit. Overall? We've killed more civilians then insurgents.

Gives a new meaning to who the real terrorists are.

Cheers,

SQLserver

Your brothers may have not...but the Air Force sure is notorious for bombing weddings, I believe they just hit a score of them since the conflict started.

yeah... always getting bombed on their way to a 'wedding....' :rolleyes:

This has been identified as a problem before, most notably by the incident in Pakistan where the US fired missiles at a Pakistani village and accidently killed a number of Pakistani women and children. It's not that the US is unnecessarily brutal; it's just that there are not enough troops, so they have to rely heavily upon air strikes, which always have the issue of collateral damage.

Listen carefully Sho Sho ma'am

The reason they USE air raids (which are inneffective since they cause so much damage, that it turns the public perception AGAINST the coalition) is because there are NOT ENOUGH BOOTS to go into the village directly and take out who they need taken out.

Its TRUE.

Hardworking people are struggling to make it into a corrupt system controlled by fear. People have lost faith in ANY politican, which is hurting democracy as they think there is no one on their side, so they dont bother.

well, not that I want to support anybody attacking the military, all I can say is: Truth hurts.

That is the whole point of view the truth is that the Obamas hate america.

That is the whole point of view the truth is that the Obamas hate america.

He dosn't hate the country thats given him and people like him so much.

He hates the road they are going down. The most patriotic thing you can do is call your country out on its faults and work to correct them. Look at all the British people we have here, they know their goverment and country is is becoming waaay to ez on immigrants, and its hurting the nation. It's not unpatriotic if they call the country a Guilt ridden PC crack house... just in the same way it wasn't un patriotic to take shots at thatcher, or the inqistion in spain.

He dosn't hate the country thats given him and people like him so much.

He hates the road they are going down. The most patriotic thing you can do is call your country out on its faults and work to correct them. Look at all the British people we have here, they know their goverment and country is is becoming waaay to ez on immigrants, and its hurting the nation. It's not unpatriotic if they call the country a Guilt ridden PC crack house... just in the same way it wasn't un patriotic to take shots at thatcher, or the inqistion in spain.

It is unpatriotic to call the couintry a guilt ridden pc crack house if you supplied the crack and do not plan on doing anything that really makes a change.

Edited by danielost

They have never once complained about serving their country and I am sick and tired of hearing people talk crap and say things they don’t know what they are talking about. They are not murdering innocent people. Our government sends them in and then turns their back on them.

I do not want cushy speeches, I know how bad America has gotten, but I also don’t like being insulted by the people who are trying to preside over us and having my brothers being insulted after everything that they have gone through and done for their country.

At least McCain respects our service men and women. That’s more than what I can say of Obama and his horrible wife. It’s a total slap in the face for our guys in the military to hear the people who sent them to war in the first place say these things about them.

I'll leave this alone as I can see that you are extremly bias in your view and trying to open your eye's might be a bit of a chore I'm not up to at the moment. Just go back and read what everyone else has posted and you'll get a feel for what I would have said. Obama hate's America, sheeesh :no:

It is unpatriotic to call the couintry a guilt ridden pc crack house if you supplied the crack and do not plan on doing anything that really makes a change.

So you are going to vote for Mccain and he's going to fix everything LMFAO good luck with that :lol:

Unpatriotic is selecting a VP with no positive attributes to help you win the election.

Tell them that.

(waits for Bill and chem and taht other guy).

They won't respect him but they will obey hom because that's their job.

And moral will sink.

Just like under Clinton.

So it's unpatriotic to point out the gapeing flaws this country has.. while trying to do something to change it around for the better.

Well alrighty then. You know, this country is hardly "Number 1!" anymore. The Neitherlands is actually one of the top countries when it comes to freedoms and such.

What's next, daniel? Soon it will start being "unpatriotic" to criticize the government, then it will be "unpatriotic" to talk about the constitution, then it will be "unpatriotic" to not be Christian, then it will be "unpatriotic" to be an intellectual and then it will be "unpatriotic" to criticize the Party, and then it will be "unpatriotic" to think at all.

Cheers,

SQLserver

Or Mrs. Obama

I agree with them. What's wrong with these comments?

There's a big difference between pointing out problems to be fixed and saying your country is a bad place because of them or saying your country is lesser or saying your country and your countrymen (except you of course) are bad people because of it.

I can't wait for this election to be over. All I hear now is Republican supporters b****ing about Obama and Democrat supporters b****ing about McCain (with the occasional cheap shot at Palin).

Jesus Christ people, you're supposed to be electing the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES and you're all arguing like a bunch of children.

Did you see Obama/McCain b**** at each other like children at the debate like you guys do? Did Biden/Palin?

If you're a Demo, McCain is the devil's sperm and Palin is dumb as Paris Hilton. If you're a Repub, Obama is the devil's sperm (dunno much about Biden). If you guys can't discuss the issues without the Republi-goggles or Demo-goggles you seem to be constantly wearing, then you don't deserve to vote.

Just grow up, please, for the good of your country and realise that the USA is screwed with either candidate.

RESPECT TO ALL.

To answer your question. When I was in basic they told us we were not saluting the man but the title. So they will honor the president not that idiot Obama.

Just grow up, please, for the good of your country and realise that the USA is screwed with either candidate.

I don't agree.

I definately think one candidate, Obama, will do far more harm than good to the country.

The military will comply. That's their function in our nation.

But it doesn't mean they will like it.

Fortunately the nation is a lot more than just one person.