Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Admiral Danger

could the "credit crunch" become a problem

11 posts in this topic

a thought has recently occurred to me

because the entire world is an a difficult financial situation, could this mean cut-backs with both NASA (U.S.A) and ESA (Europe) to save money? :(

a thought has recently occurred to me

because the entire world is an a difficult financial situation, could this mean cut-backs with both NASA (U.S.A) and ESA (Europe) to save money? :(

the entire world is in a difficult financial situation???

The world is not in a crunch the U.S. is forsure and yes it will spread out but not to the extent that the u.s. will feel it. You deffinitly could see some cut backs to both agencies. If Mid is out there whats the current NASA budget? me thinks about 400 billion a year. NASA will still operate but they might have to cut a few projects from the "want to do" list.

the entire world is in a difficult financial situation???

hmmm...

i suppose its not all of the world...

perhaps most... :hmm:

oh really? You are so right, i forgot that they sent "the worlds" bank statement out 2 months ago.

The world is not in a crunch the U.S. is forsure and yes it will spread out but not to the extent that the u.s. will feel it. You deffinitly could see some cut backs to both agencies. If Mid is out there whats the current NASA budget? me thinks about 400 billion a year. NASA will still operate but they might have to cut a few projects from the "want to do" list.

Wow...I wish it was 400 billion!

About 17 billion for FY 2008 last I recall, total NASA budget.

That budget has nothing to do with the mortgage credit situation, and should not be affected.

Besides, the bail out bill was passed and signed into law today...despite the idiotic pork attached to it. This of course does not end the situation entirely, but the crisis phase is over for the moment.

How about america cuts back on its military and stops starting wars, then we could fund a mission to mars in a few months time.

In a somewhat off topic question, are we ever going to see a merger of all the major space agencies for such a large scale mission to say mars? probably not but just think how much we could get done united.

Posted (edited)

How about america cuts back on its military and stops starting wars, then we could fund a mission to mars in a few months time.

In a somewhat off topic question, are we ever going to see a merger of all the major space agencies for such a large scale mission to say mars? probably not but just think how much we could get done united.

No but that doesn't mean that they can't work together such as with the space station. I think everyone with a space program except china is involved with that one and a few nations that don't have a space program as well.

As far as the military is concerned if everyone would stop attacking us. We would down size everything except the navy. The navy is important in every day sea activity not just war.

Edited by danielost

Frankly Sardukar, the naivete in such assumptions and such a statement I don't want to address.

The entire post is off topic.

However, that's an interesting question.

I think the ISS is a classic example of what the major world space agencies can, and have done united.

As to a manned Mars mission, I have said before that it's difficult to discuss such a thing, as it is many decades from being close to reality, and there is an immense amount of issues to consider and plan for.

But, I think that NASA, ESA, JAXA, and the Canadian and Russian agencies could, and probably should pool their vast resources together in such an endeavor. Whether that happens or not...who knows? But it's a nice thought.

It won't happen for as long as there is politics involved. Eliminate politics from the equation and, even keeping money 'in' the equation, there would be nothing we couldn't achieve. It's just unfortunate that something like that will never happen.

100 and 10 precent correct seffy ! The sooner mankind and all of mankind starts looking at our posistion in this universial problem the better. Sorta off topic Go see the movie Religeous Its a big problem with this planet also.IMO dont say anything till you have seenit.