Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Debate Suggestions

Saru

Please post your ideas for new debate topics here. If you'd like to challenge someone to a debate and aren't sure what topic to go for then this thread should provide you with a few ideas, alternatively if you have an idea for a debate topic that you'd like to see someone else have a go at then please feel free to post it here.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• behaviour???

• Enigmatic Ghost

• churchanddestroy

• Leonardo

Ooooh, debates!

Some ideas:

Evolution vs Creationism: Which is the better theory based on the evidence?

Which presidential candidate has the best experience for the job?

Which presidential candidate is more likely to uphold our liberties based on their past actions and speeches?

Cheers,

SQLserver

Ooooh, debates!

Some ideas:

Evolution vs Creationism: Which is the better theory based on the evidence?

Which presidential candidate has the best experience for the job?

Which presidential candidate is more likely to uphold our liberties based on their past actions and speeches?

Cheers,

SQLserver

i got one what ghost pics are real and what are fake

Should mankind look for another planet to cultivate, or stay focused on Earth ?

Earth vs. Another planet

Abecromie =Earth

_________=Another planet

Edited by Abecrombie

"Did the Jesus spoken of in the New Testament Bible really exist"? I'd happily debate this with someone - naturally I'd be arguing that he indeed did exist.

Or perhaps, "are all religions basically the same at heart"? I'd argue they are not....

Both could prove interesting ;)

Edited by Paranoid Android

I've got one

Blossom Goodchild - Fraud, mentally ill or the victim of a intergalactic prank?

How bout which genre is better, Rap or Rock

Capital punishment vs life imprisonment

Euthanasia: moral or immoral?

Crunchy or smooth peanut butter

Stem cell research

Organ donation

Carnivores v.s. Vegans - Vegetarians...

A Very Interesting Tread Debate would be do those that are Carnivores write and live with more aggressive tone (Male and Female both) than those whom are Vegans, or Vegetarians say also based upon Books read, Movies and music groups and genre listened to…

Pavot

Organic Produce and fruits v.s. conventional non-Organics (Pesticide Sprayed and saturated)…

Pavot B)

Edited by Pavot

Hmm...how about Thor vs Odin!

Thor vs Odin debate, in which Thor folks gotta go against Odin folks in a battle of wits and epic storytelling.

(Just to mention, Saru reminds me of Thor, due to his 8-legged horse called High-Internet Connection, and his mighty Ban Hammer.) :D

Debate: Old School Hot Rods…(ex : Chopped and Blown 1932 Ford Coups)

or

Smooth Nostalgic Classic cars…(ex : Smooth Black 1947 Cadillac)

Pavot B)

Old School Pre-1950 Harley Davidson Motorcycles vs. Old School Pre-1950 Indian Motorcycles

Pavot B)

Edited by Pavot

• 2 weeks later...
Please post your ideas for new debate topics here. If you'd like to challenge someone to a debate and aren't sure what topic to go for then this thread should provide you with a few ideas, alternatively if you have an idea for a debate topic that you'd like to see someone else have a go at then please feel free to post it here.
Hi Saru – a number of people have suggested (in this thread-topic) that they would like to debate a specific topic.

A problem, as I see it, is that not too many folks come and read through this particular “thread”, and so are not aware of who would like to debate what.

I wonder if you would consider starting a “dedicated topics-thread” where people would post what they wish to debate, and which side they want to argue? That way, interested people could easily accept a debate direct from that thread-page, by clicking on a person's name, for example (???) -- and have a suitable "acceptance to a debate" form presented to them.

And, when someone accepts a debate, the original post could be removed, to avoid acceptances from more than one person at a time.

Just a thought …

Karlis

• 3 weeks later...

If such a debate is permissable, I would enjoy debating the existence of god with someone. I don't wish this to be a debate about any particular religions' definition of god though, but rather simply whether god in some form exists. In the spirit of debate I would be willing to argue for the existence of god if someone of religious belief would entertain arguing against the existence of god?