Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monkyburd

Religion Needs to be Unbolted

8 posts in this topic

Ahem, here goes...

When humanity began the world was a scary place. We didn't know what lurked beyond the yonder hills, what powerful forces created the night and day, or why people died randomly after getting a insect bite. crying.gif

Hence, we created myths and fables to explain what we could not understand. Later, these myths and ideas evolved into religions such as ancient greek mythology and eventually others like Judism and Christianity. At least that's how I see it to be. rolleyes.gif

Then, low and behold we began to use science to understand the world. We classified the animals, discovered new worlds such as america, and uncovered the power of microscopic diseases and so forth. And it was good. Can I get an Amen?

Now, it seems to me that religion is,... obselete. Where religion comforts, science explains and controls. I believe Religion was the training wheels on the bike that is humanity, and science needs to let them go in favor of greater speed.

Religion is getting in the way of a better more efficient humanity from where I sit atop my throne of human bones. grin2.gif Just kidding about that throne thing.

I disagree. At the moment relligion is an inseparable part of humanity. You cannot just take it out. It is going to move slowly... A long time ago we have many Gods... then we have only one God... today more and more people think that there is no God... soon God will be an endangered species. grin2.gif But the key is we have to let it move slowly and naturaly. Proclaiming "God does not exist" is just going to make you locked (no pun intended).

Posted (edited)

I agree with PsychicPenguin that religion needs to disappear piece by piece (and it will), as we can't take it away over night, what would the Jocs, Xenojins, Kalledors and Next2Heavens of this forum do?! huh.gif We'd have a mass increase of religious extremists bombing stuff to get their religion back (despite the thou shalt not kill bit tongue.gif )

However, I believe you both desevre an aplause for your words of wisdom, insight and outspokenness clap.gifthumbup.gifclap.gif

P.S. Not saying any of those mentioned would become extremists, other peeps. J/K guys I think you know why thumbsup.gif

Edited by Talon S.

A long time ago we have many Gods... then we have only one God...

A lot of people still believe there is more than one God. I believe there is. Why is one the standard?

You think your so superior talon, dont u?

Listen just because they believ in somethin u dont belive & they cant prove doesnt make u a superior being , nor does it make u right and them wrong, so stop being a snobby b****** apain and let them believe or care about what they want.

how do u know your right?

You think your so superior talon, dont u?

Listen just because they believ in somethin u dont belive & they cant prove doesnt make u a superior being , nor does it make u right and them wrong, so stop being a snobby b****** apain and let them believe or care about what they want.

how do u know your right?

God sake dude, I think you just proved my point, you guys can't even take a joke without going ape and swearing at people. A pitty I though were an okay guy until you starting insulting people with differing opinions.

Sorry for swearin

Do we really need yet another contentious thread regarding religion? I'm thinking no, we don't.