Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Legal case against God dismissed

UM-Bot

cross.jpg
A US judge has thrown out a case against God, ruling that because the defendant has no address, legal papers cannot be served. The suit was launched by Nebraska state senator Ernie Chambers, who said he might appeal against the ruling.

He sought a permanent injunction to prevent the "death, destruction and terrorisation" caused by God. Judge Marlon Polk said in his ruling that a plaintiff must have access to the defendant for a case to proceed.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: BBC News

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• ToySouljah

• Cleomenes

• Crai

well that's the most CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIEEEEEEEEEEST LAWSUIT I EVER HEARD OF :hmm:

and big cheers for Ernie Chambers :rolleyes:

I hope he will not be hit by a lightning :innocent:

Only in the good ol' USofA would someone sue GOD...

Really - just because you think a point should be made (anyone can sue anyone) doesn't mean it has to be done. Especially at the cost of taxpayers dollars. Sounds more like this senator wants his 15 minutes.

I think God should ask for a change of venue to His home turf. :innocent:

I think God would win, anyway. He can afford the BEST lawyer, or just create one!!!

And SO the tale goes on. As mankind pushes power further it threatens more power. Soon SATAN will have to build the walls higher. :tu:

I think God would win, anyway. He can afford the BEST lawyer, or just create one!!!

lol

I used to live in Omaha, and Chambers is a laughingstock. His area of town is rampant with murders, shootings, rapes; one summer there was a murder a day, and did/said nothing.

I used to live in Omaha, and Chambers is a laughingstock. His area of town is rampant with murders, shootings, rapes; one summer there was a murder a day, and did/said nothing.

Somehow, I don't doubt it.

I adressed this nonsense in Back Page News I think....

The man should have no job.

im suing a branch because it hit me.....I think ill win..but wait, if only i were in america!

The things people will do to get on tv...sad..

Edited by Cherus

And SO the tale goes on. As mankind pushes power further it threatens more power. Soon SATAN will have to build the walls higher. :tu:

If god doesn't exist, how could satan do? :o

I thought if a person or entity did not show up in court that they were admitting guilt? I know that they say they do not have an address, but since they are omnipresent then they could list any address and god would get it...lol.

I thought if a person or entity did not show up in court that they were admitting guilt? I know that they say they do not have an address, but since they are omnipresent then they could list any address and god would get it...lol.

You have to show that you served the other party with notice of the suit pending against them. This is usually done through certified mail. If you, as a Plaintiff, cannot show this, your suit will be dismissed for failure to serve notice to the other party. That's just the way civil procedure works.

maybe he should sue himself for incompetence and stupidity which is detrimental to his job and is directly against him (throw in some legal jargon) and furthermore your honor (throw in some Perry Mason Speech because he had only lost 1 time ever) in conclusion I am a moron.

Edited by newbloodmoon

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you, you?"

Never going to work.