Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I succeeded in creating a Tulpa

MysticOnion

Supposedly,a true tulpa can only be created by a master .Someone who is a master of the Bon Tibetan traditions.

And it is only in very rare cases,where the tulpa does not rebel,and either the tulpa or the creator,dies.

I personally,even find this kind of work,to be of a very dangerous nature,and i tend to be stupidly fearless when it comes to dealing with the very dangerous.

I find playing with rakshasi less dangerous,than creating a tulpa.

It's always good to see this thread again.

Welcome aboard, karlharr. If you look at some of the other threads mentioned in post # 36, I think you'll get a sense that that is why so many people are interested in this phenomenon. It is a candidate explanation for a lot of different things that are reported around here.

I had a thought about tulpas, eb, and wanted to throw this in your direction to "brain storm" a bit.

The hypothesis is that concentrated mental effort can influence the reality that surrounds us, and on some levels that is known to be true - ethics and morality are (weak) examples of that. In the case of the tulpa, this hypothesis suggests the creation of a kind of symbiotic or parasitic consciousness - but still a consciousness apparently linked to/with it's creator(s).

Taking this hypothesis a bit further, can we propose the possibility of such mental effort modifying an already existing consciousness? Without 'Godwinning' the thread, my thoughts about this centred on Adolf Hitler. Much of the global perception of Hitler during the late 30's/early 40's up to his death, was of him as a megalomaniac, a madman and thoroughly 'evil'. What if he became that because such a number of people truly thought/believed that was him?

This fits nicely in line with the hypothesis of tulpas, and adds a new facet to this hypothesis of reality-altering thought.

Edited by Leonardo

Simbi Laveau

The OP, Shirley, hasn't been around for a while, and this is an old thread. I think Shirley's use of the word tulpa was as an umbrella term that would include any sort of realistically experienced, apparently autonomous personal being whose existence begins with something one or more of the spectators did.

That would include the Tibetan kind, the original source of the word, and she definitely accepted the various Western "Philip experiments" in her category. Those were collectively produced by people who were doing fairly ordinary things. Literally, a class project. I don't know anything much about rakshasi, to judge where they fit into the picture she had in mind.

Leo

Much of the global perception of Hitler during the late 30's/early 40's up to his death, was of him as a megalomaniac, a madman and thoroughly 'evil'. What if he became that because such a number of people truly thought/believed that was him?

I think there were psychological dimensions to both of the last century's world wars, and a lot of dark things were unleashed from a lot of people at once. There may have been some kind of psychic or psychological "push me pull you" dynamics going on.

Maybe instead of making a tulpa, the major actors collectively, involuntarily, made a worldwide catastrophe of unprecedented horror instead?

Does a tulpa manifest physically?

Did anyone watch the documentary with the Buddhist monk who created one? Its from 2008 I think.

Could it be this is a form of OCD?

Could it be this is a form of OCD?

You mean, you posting on a forum?

I suppose it could be, Seeker, but it seems quite a harmless manifestation of the neurosis so I wouldn't worry too much. :P

You mean, you posting on a forum?

I suppose it could be, Seeker, but it seems quite a harmless manifestation of the neurosis so I wouldn't worry too much. :P

Me? I was speaking of the tulpa? People can create some wacky mental programs with OCD.

If you were speaking of my 8 or 9 posts per day. Well what can I say, the iPhone makes it easy. 2 or three in the morning while sitting in bed.... Maby another when I take a crap, a few more while waiting to pick up my kid, a few more while waiting for my classes to start a few more just before bed. My mind cannot not stand being idol, I really have no intrest in television, and I spend 90% of my time with 4-10 year olds. I think I have only used a computer to post on un 2 or three times. OCD... Na....ADD.... Most definantly.

Me? I was speaking of the tulpa? People can create some wacky mental programs with OCD.

If you were speaking of my 8 or 9 posts per day. Well what can I say, the iPhone makes it easy. 2 or three in the morning while sitting in bed.... Maby another when I take a crap, a few more while waiting to pick up my kid, a few more while waiting for my classes to start a few more just before bed. My mind cannot not stand being idol, I really have no intrest in television, and I spend 90% of my time with 4-10 year olds. I think I have only used a computer to post on un 2 or three times. OCD... Na....ADD.... Most definantly.

:lol:

I was having a wee joke with you, Seeker. UM can become a bit of an obsession! :P

I don't know about OCD, but it seems to me that those who claim to have manifested a tulpa do so after an extended period of self-imposed 'mental/psychological isolation'. Maybe we can make some parallels with other behaviours brought on by isolation - such as cabin-fever?

Edited by Leonardo

:lol:

I was having a wee joke with you, Seeker. UM can become a bit of an obsession! :P

I don't know about OCD, but it seems to me that those who claim to have manifested a tulpa do so after an extended period of self-imposed 'mental/psychological isolation'. Maybe we can make some parallels with other behaviours brought on by isolation - such as cabin-fever?

That would make sense. This is a buhddist thing right? There is a special meditation that required 3 years of isolation. Now I was watching this documentary about a kid that started playing a game like "step on a crack and break your mothers back " only he would seal the cracks with his foot by dragging it across cracks. He did this while walking to school. It was just a few cracks at first but long story short it degraded into a compulsive condition that is crippling for him. He walks around everywhere dragging his foot. It looks like he has a severe physical disability.

This is interesting to me because I to created a game while walking to school as a child where if I herd a car behind me I would race it to the next tree or curb or something. I remember starting to do it so much that I evenchually started to think something bad would happen if a car ever beat me. I would race down the street terrified. It was only a week or so, then I decided this was silly and stoped doing it, but it wasn't easy. I had to force myself not to run when I herd a car..

To this day if I'm walking on a quite street and I can hear a car behind me, I have an ever so slight impulse to take off to the nearest tree, and I remember "the game,"

The method to create a tulpa seems to play off of these psycological capacities, it's very tememiscent of how people create compulsive disorders.

• 1 month later...

Strange the amount of skeptisism received on a website called 'unexplained mysteries.' I even remember a thread where everyone was working together to create a tulpa. Why don't they contact each other and work together to create a tulpa?

Has anyone made a tulpa that can do their house work for them?

i believe this is possible, but only because this being already existed, sort of like an angel or other dimensional being. you willed for it to be real though you may not have really understood its intent of purpose. i think that we humans are co-creators in a sense. look at the idea of imagination; we bring things never before though of into fruition, and i think its possible to create new things in a more metaphysical way. perhaps we create the other dimensions. perhaps we are allowed to be in this dimension to make "heaven" a richer place through our creating of new and never before imagined things that we take with us to that realm?

• 3 weeks later...

quite a read, fairly interesting.

im going to have to look more into it to satisfy my own curiosity!

nice thread.

Strange the amount of skeptisism received on a website called 'unexplained mysteries.' I even remember a thread where everyone was working together to create a tulpa. Why don't they contact each other and work together to create a tulpa?

so we should just believe whatever people post on a messageboard? magic and mystiscm isn't real it's fantasy it doesn't actually exist

I remember John Keel wrote about Tulpas in The Mothman Prophecies. If I'm not mistaken, he had mentioned something to the effect that writers would create those with the deep concentration required for it to take a form.

This is a cross-linking to recent research being discussed here at UM on the religion board

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=229870

That thread profiles studies by Stanford anthropologist Tanya Luhrmann. She discusses (carefully) an as yet unpublished experiment in which undergraduates created thought-form Leland Stanford Jr.'s, the founder of the university. This experiment complemented research she did earlier, and has already reported, about religious people using similar techniques in their prayers to have vivid encounters with their God.

A blogosphere discussion of Luhrmann's work, based on the same article as the other thread, but focused more specifically on the tulpa aspect, appears here

http://uncertaintist...-from-stanford/

Edited by eight bits

You are referring to what I have always known as a thoughtform. I have also typically known these to be created due to stress--a "monster" so to speak is literally created from the stress being radiated into the environment. I have no doubt though that other sorts of strong emotions could be employed in other combinations as well.

There are (as you may be aware) negatives energies present on the planet; they are present now more than ever in human history. There is sort of a hierarchy among these negative entities--the lower on the chain being the common ghost (maybe a poltergiest or departed ancestor residing in a region of lower vibrations), and next up would be demons, etc.. So the higher powered energies control the lower powered energies. Any time an entity/energy encounters another entity/energy (whether physical or spiritual), it by its very nature wants it. For its energy, for power--use your imagination. So it very well could be that the thoughtform you created was partially or completely invaded by a negative entity. Once "reabsorbed" as you said, you likely absorbed (or were given) the accompanying black energy left by whatever tried to take over the thoughtform. The negative energy may also target you now that it has no thoughtform to target. Or, if it is still lurking as you believe it is, the negative energy may be using your thoughtform to feed off of your energy. What I would suggest doing is taking measures to cleanse yourself and the premises on which you live. It would also be very helpful, I think, to try to cut yourself off from the thoughtform as much as possible. Any of your energy that you think may be lingering on it, let it go. Ask God, or the universe, or whatever you believe in, to help you replenish your energy in a positive way. This can be done through spiritual practice, and can take the form of whatever the religion of your birth, or the religion you currently belong to says will help you. You may find referring to this website helpful: http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/articles/id/spiritualresearch/difficulties/Ghosts_Demons

Can I just say I find it amazing that very possibly the first thread I even participated in on this site has been bumped and is now active again?

Also, the OP is long gone, and will probably not read any responses here.

Evidently, there is frequently renewed appreciation about the relevance of the subject to many phenomena adrressed here at UM. Most recently, we have on the limited-debate religion board a new report about the religious uses of the phenomenon, based on studies conducted at an elite research university. News is great reason to post here.

As to the OP, it's speculative whether or not Shirley will return. In the meantime, others have contributed examples of people who have "succeeded in creating a tulpa." I haven't seen Ziggy Stardust in a while, either, but his thread about sleep interruption (another accessible tool for the exploration of unconscious contents) had a post within the last month.

The forum system works.

• 2 months later...

I completely believe you :D The law of attraction states that whatever you put out, you recieve back. Why do you think when you put so much energy into thinking about a particular person (whether you're completely conscious of doing so or not), the universe finds a way of either bringing that person to you directly or sending you different 'signs' resembling that person. I think the same rules definately apply for when you think about someone that may not currently exist (i.e just creating someone from your own imagination). Unfortuanately a lot of people have had the same issue where the tulpa was turned negative and it takes an enormous amount of energy to either keep them under control or 'destroy' them-so to speak. However, I also think that it takes a very strong, conscious mind to be able to attract this kind of thing, so you must be a very aware, strong minded individual (: Awesome work!

• 1 month later...

First I apologize for bringing this topic to life once again. However I felt the need to post this info and while it isn't research done by science it will perhaps provide valuable information to those curious about tulpae(Plural use is debatable but moot). Tulpa.info has creation guides a forum where a multitude of users can provide "working" advice and assistance. The best part is it is still very active. Please for any who would like more info or perhaps to even make an attempt at creation visit this site.

In regards to me I just happened across this topic while searching the web about tulpa and am currently attempting a creation myself. To state anything beyond that would be irrelevant seeing as I am a new member and have very little credibility. I will watch this thread for a time and if any are curious as to the tulpa process I will answer as best I can from my perspective. I may be able to post a step by step process as I do it though it will be about a weeks worth of effort behind.

Edited by Rythian

First I apologize for bringing this topic to life once again. However I felt the need to post this info and while it isn't research done by science it will perhaps provide valuable information to those curious about tulpae(Plural use is debatable but moot). Tulpa.info has creation guides a forum where a multitude of users can provide "working" advice and assistance. The best part is it is still very active. Please for any who would like more info or perhaps to even make an attempt at creation visit this site.

In regards to me I just happened across this topic while searching the web about tulpa and am currently attempting a creation myself. To state anything beyond that would be irrelevant seeing as I am a new member and have very little credibility. I will watch this thread for a time and if any are curious as to the tulpa process I will answer as best I can from my perspective. I may be able to post a step by step process as I do it though it will be about a weeks worth of effort behind.

Start a blog about your experiences, I will follow it.