Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghostbusters: are military bases haunted ?

UM-Bot

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gatofeo

• Babe Ruth

• andyr76

• julieday

Well the 2 ghosthunters episode had more activity caught on tape was on Military bases

1. the Armory where the cameraman got knock down by his own equipment

2. the most recent one I heat

well what military base wouldn't be haunted, with all the pain and despair humans feel in such places??

I work on a military base, as a civilian.

The building I work in is haunted. Strange sounds (running feet, whispering, unintelligible shouts, etc.) have been reported for more than 30 years, according to the old-timers I've known.

Myself, I've heard the whispering, shouts, running, loud crashes without a source and once caught a quick view of someone flitting from an open doorway into a solid wall. He was tall, dark hair, dark pants and white shirt. That's about all I could see because the view lasted about a second.

But pain and despair? Oh, come on.

For many people, military service is a highlight of their life.

Statistically, very few service members ever see combat, or get close enough to hear the firing. For every soldier, sailor, marine or airman at the front, there are hundreds in support nowhere near the war.

The building where I work sits on or near where German prisoners of war had their barracks in World War II. However, there's no indication these prisoners were abused. On the contrary, they lived in the same tarpaper and wooden-frame shacks that the soldiers lived on; neither group had very good living quarters. But all were fed, clothed and cared for alike.

I've talked to two former German POWs who stayed in America after the war. They both said they were amazed at their wonderful treatment at the hands of their American captors.

Actually, my description of the "ghost" fits a civilian worker who loved his job and died of natural causes after his retirement. It's speculated that he returns to the building on occasion because he enjoyed his work so much.

During the Great Depression, military services around the world had a huge influx of volunteers. For them, it was free clothing, food, education and housing at a time when such commodities were hard to find. Many, many people got back on their feet and got a college education by joining the military -- it's not all "pain and despair" as you said.

Yes, there are those killed in service, or wounded physically or psychologically. But overall that's a very small percentage. For many people, military service offers opportunity.

I'm a veteran who never saw combat. And I'm glad I never did. But my military service gave me confidence, taught me self-discipline and gave me an advantage in the job market as a civilian.

• 3 years later...

I have been in the military for almost 18 years, and with 1 exception every base I have been stationed has had some kind of paranormal story attached. Fort Hood, Fort Benning, Lakehurst NAES, Fort Jackson and Fort Riley. The only base I every actually expeirneced anything myself was when I was stationed at Smith Barracks in Baumholder Germany.I saw doors open on their own as well as had heard voices when I was the only one in the building. The barracks in Germany had been bnuilt prior to WW2 and SS forces had been stationed there, FT Riley is one of the oldest active posts and we all know what happened at lakehurst in 1937.

I have been in the military for almost 18 years, and with 1 exception every base I have been stationed has had some kind of paranormal story attached. Fort Hood, Fort Benning, Lakehurst NAES, Fort Jackson and Fort Riley. The only base I every actually expeirneced anything myself was when I was stationed at Smith Barracks in Baumholder Germany.I saw doors open on their own as well as had heard voices when I was the only one in the building. The barracks in Germany had been bnuilt prior to WW2 and SS forces had been stationed there, FT Riley is one of the oldest active posts and we all know what happened at lakehurst in 1937.

Fascinating story. :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

There are some fascinating closing dates on this article however I dont know if I see all of them heart to heart. There is some validity but I'll take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want extra! Added to FeedBurner as properly

<a href="http://www.CHEAPFOOTWEARS.COM">cheap footwears</a>

Fort Totten in NYC is where the emergency medical service of ny has their training HQ.

I spent a lot of time there,and so have plenty of my co worker friends.

Lots of stories and experiences there.

One room in the basement is always ice cold ,even when it's 98 degrees in the rest of the building.

One of my friends had her hair "petted" by unseen hands.

Guys who did over time,and just stayed over night have heard shouting,and what they thought sounded like cannon fire,at night on the grounds.

One friend told me,he was in there alone one night.

The phone all have extensions,and each phone has a row of lights,indicating which extension is being used.

He said one night,he kept seeing an extension light go one,and given he was alone,and not on the phone at all ,someone else somewhere in the building,had picked up a phone ,and clicked on that extension line.

I personally,used to feel weird in the women's bathroom.

I am sensitive to stuff like this,and I always felt like someone else was in there with me,when I was alone.

Another room on that floor is a practical training room.By practical,I mean skills that had to be learned,not book knowledge.

So CPR,IV ,EKG,intubation.

All that stuff went on in this room.

And things would move.

Portable black boards,cpr dolls,boxes of supplies.

Would be in one place when the room was closed up for the day.

Next morning,all in different places.

Black board moved 3 feet to the left,boxes of gloves across the room.

Like that.

The long island paranormal group did a few nights there,and they experienced a lot .

Tres creepy

I spent a few lovely weeks on "Tank Hill" at Fort Jackson back in Summer '87. I was so damned tired most of the time I never heard a sound other than the Drill Sergeant! :w00t: