Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

bob white artifact

makaya325

any one familiar with the bob white object?

http://www.burlingtonnews.net/bob_white_object.jpg

what is the identity of this object? man made? unknown?

hazzard, and evan, i would appreciate some feedback on this topic

LOL I know exactly what it is.

It is the slag you get from the back of a hot saw. Where all the sparks stick and pile up from the metal you are cutting. I used to think these thing were cool looking,Now I just knock them off onto the ground.

It is the slag you get from the back of a hot saw. Where all the sparks stick and pile up from the metal you are cutting. I used to think these thing were cool looking,Now I just knock them off onto the ground.

Read the full report have you? No,?Didn't think so... So why would Fort Belvoir have an almost identical object retrieved from a crashed RAF plane in 1944?

Read the full report have you? No,?Didn't think so... So why would Fort Belvoir have an almost identical object retrieved from a crashed RAF plane in 1944?

Maybe the pilot thought it was cool too.

Looks like aluminium or perhaps titanium. I never cut aluminium with anything other than shears, so I wouldn't know. When I cut steel the sparks would go flying and burn into little black flakes. They'd never accrete like this, so it ain't the low grade steel plates and bars I worked with. Coanda effect would make any little blob start to accrete like this. Coanda effect is where air gets sucked to the side of an object when air is passing around it.

Edited by Captain Zim

Looks like a natural element fromed in a cave.Would like to know more about its compisition

Maybe the pilot thought it was cool too.

The pilot was dead.... A hole was found in the side of the plane that matched the shape, suggesting it punched through the plane. I have to say at this juncture that. I can find no record of the RAF losing a Spitfire over Denmark in 1944/45, but the official records at Fort Belvoir claim exactly the opposite.

so what, aliens shoot these instead of lasers now or it was some sort of unusual asteroid?

The pilot was dead.... A hole was found in the side of the plane that matched the shape, suggesting it punched through the plane. I have to say at this juncture that. I can find no record of the RAF losing a Spitfire over Denmark in 1944/45, but the official records at Fort Belvoir claim exactly the opposite.

If from a spitfire, then that's weird. I'd expect that a molten runoff from, say, a laser hit would form something like that in high-velocity air. Nazi super weapon? Lightning bolt?

Actually, for a laser strike, there would be one entrance hole, small diameter, with some downstream splatter. Internally, a fair bit of molten aluminium vapour and splatter builds up, filling the vessel with high-pressure aluminium vapour and air. Finally, there is a larger (but maybe not by much) exit hole, which would soften and peel back under pressure from the airstream. Then bits of accreted gubbins would attach themselves to the hot, peeled-back section and cool rapidly. Coanda effect makes the bits stick like the oil jetting out of an engine the way you see in war movies when a plane takes a hit. It woudld probably form something like what you see.

Of course, a high-intensity laser strike would simply flash the aluminium into vapour instantly and the shockwave would blow it free of the coanda effect. So this was probably a burst of a few seconds, bzzzzzzzzzzzt... straight through airframe, engine block and whatever. Laser power in the region of, oh, 10MW or so, depending on spot size. About 10x what the ABL can muster.

Edited by Captain Zim

I have seen this before and if i remember the story correctly it was claimed to be a piece of slag dripped off from a ufo,

Regards,

TFF

• Like 1

It's a cool photo and very interesting, i had heard the story but had not seen a photo up until now.

It looks like a carved piece of wood to me. Or a piece of molten metal that hardened in the shape of a stalactite.

It is possible that the pilot had the object on board and it smashed through the window when the plane crashed.

But hey, I'm just a hate-spreader worthy of mass blockage. What do I know? o:

I would level my opinion by adding something about alien weaponry, but there seems to be a lack of information reguarding such technology.

• 2 weeks later...
The artefact is composed of something very similar to 360 aluminium casting alloy. Funny, I was thinking of an engine head block when I was looking at this.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/Cases/CaseSubarticle.asp?ID=367

Also, a porous composition, pretty much what you'd expect from an accreted object.

Incorrect Captain,

Bob White's case was one of the famous UFO Files episodes on the history channel. Don't know the producers of the show, but you can find them with imdb.

Now, according to the show Bob had the slag tested at a lab in LA or (UCLA?), which determined that their chunk of it was made primarily of Silicon 30!!!

90% Silicon 30 to 5-10% silicon 28 and other trace elements. That isotopic ratio of Silicon 30 to the normal Si 28 is an un-natrual ratio!!! Perhaps the reason behind for when Bob called Los Alamos lab to get them to test it, the engineer he first talked to got very excited????!?

Or perhaps it's just a grand hoax. Perhaps he has a friend at the Idaho Nuclear Labs who was working on a nuclear battery using silicon???!!? ;)p

Perhaps its the effluent from a nuclear battery project. Perhaps he got it isotopically enriched with Silicon 30 somewhere else?...

Just some wild speculations on my part as I have been wanting to talk about 'alien' slag for a long time.

Thanks Firemoon for mentioning on another case involving slag, never heard of that one. Can you elaborate on it?

• 8 years later...

what are the 33 elements that make up object ? today it be easy , the 33 elements composed to create this aluminum are ALL RARE , do research and see who has mines set up to gather these materials around the world and see who or what organization set up retrieving these materials i BET they can all be linked to single company .

This thread is almost 9 years old, and it appears to have been solved. - Closed

• Like 1

• The topic was locked