Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal State ...Fakes The Show

Aanica

For all you skeptics that believe Ghost Hunters is faked this is proof positive that it isn't. What do I mean by that? You see now a days with the magic of the Internet it is not possible to fake a show and get away with it. There will ALWAYS be someone who will leak that info on the Internet.Paranormal State has only run for 1 or 2 years and it was found out as fake. Ghost Hunters has been running far longer than that and no one has come forward with proof it is staged of faked.

I hated Paranormal State anyway..heh

You should try to make this logic fly over in some of the 9/11 or moon landing threads.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aanica

• The Paranormal Skeptic

• Korbus

• Pauly Dangerously

They are all fake (ghost hunting shows) IMO. Ghost Adventures I hate the most though. The main guy really annoys me.

Client: "They faked it..."

14xl63c.jpg

Ppl thot it wus r33l? Srsly? :rolleyes:

Of course ghost hunting shows are fake. Networks aren't going to air those types of shows if they don't deliver on the "scares." It's entertainment and nothing more. If you're looking for legitimate investigations/evidence, tv is the last place you'll find them (in most cases).

That being said, I once did a follow-up on an episode of a show I liked, as I usually do, only to find the only information of the place online linked to their official site. That was disappointing. I didn't know blatantly faking a location's history was also part of the deal. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with srHz, at the end of the day it's a TV show. They don't call it 'show' for nothing. Like Most Haunted.

i dunno. i like to watch them anyways. a good scare is always fun. and who knows..maybe some of it is real :yes:

• 4 months later...

i dunno. i like to watch them anyways. a good scare is always fun. and who knows..maybe some of it is real :yes:

I used to love them when I thought it was genuine though. Knowing that they fake things just ruined it. Same reason I can't stand scripted "reality" shows.

I do a tour the London Bridge in Arizona. Arizona highways television came down and did about a 5 min. Segment on us which took nine hours they brought down the five-man crew which is small.There is no way on the planet Earth that you can go ghost hunting with a television crew.That is simply not the way it is done.For a one-hour television show takes a minimum of 72 hours of filming.When one of the guys on the show says what was that he has probably said that about 85 times for retakes.Have you ever gone on an investigation? I mean seriously not to a graveyard with a camera.They takes hours of work setting up cameras running wires hook it all up for sound, video and night vision ion generators, static detectors EMF meters and all the computers and laptops.Not to mention if you're going to use lasers.And in which frequencies you're going to use on that particular night it's hard work.It's boring But don't get me wrong sometimes you have your moments but they are far and few between.And after you've collected all this evidence it takes weeks for a crew to go through it.I have nine people that go over evidence all the time one hour of EVP's takes my sound crew of two people three days to go through it.Are they fake.it's television it's for our entertainment it is most likely scripted it's a television show just like Dr. who.

I do a tour the London Bridge in Arizona. Arizona highways television came down and did about a 5 min. Segment on us which took nine hours they brought down the five-man crew which is small.There is no way on the planet Earth that you can go ghost hunting with a television crew.That is simply not the way it is done.For a one-hour television show takes a minimum of 72 hours of filming.When one of the guys on the show says what was that he has probably said that about 85 times for retakes.Have you ever gone on an investigation? I mean seriously not to a graveyard with a camera.They takes hours of work setting up cameras running wires hook it all up for sound, video and night vision ion generators, static detectors EMF meters and all the computers and laptops.Not to mention if you're going to use lasers.And in which frequencies you're going to use on that particular night it's hard work.It's boring But don't get me wrong sometimes you have your moments but they are far and few between.And after you've collected all this evidence it takes weeks for a crew to go through it.I have nine people that go over evidence all the time one hour of EVP's takes my sound crew of two people three days to go through it.Are they fake.it's television it's for our entertainment it is most likely scripted it's a television show just like Dr. who.

Yeah it's not as it seems and is an ordeal, but it doesn't have to take 72 hours to get an hour of footage. All they really have to do is the long annoying setup (which has been shown to some degree in process on Ghost Hunters Academy), turn cameras on, and walk around the spookiness pretending they hear and see stuff. They have a few gimmicks if they don't feel it's exciting enough. I don't know where you get the idea that it takes 72 hours for all of this. It's not a fully scripted movie.

*edit* - Oh my god, I feel really dumb now. For some reason I was thinking at the moment that this thread was talking about Ghost Hunters, not Paranormal State. A ton more acting and script I feel in this show. Sorry! :rofl:

Edited by Jerry Only

Yeah it's not as it seems and is an ordeal, but it doesn't have to take 72 hours to get an hour of footage. All they really have to do is the long annoying setup (which has been shown to some degree in process on Ghost Hunters Academy), turn cameras on, and walk around the spookiness pretending they hear and see stuff. They have a few gimmicks if they don't feel it's exciting enough. I don't know where you get the idea that it takes 72 hours for all of this. It's not a fully scripted movie.

*edit* - Oh my god, I feel really dumb now. For some reason I was thinking at the moment that this thread was talking about Ghost Hunters, not Paranormal State. A ton more acting and script I feel in this show. Sorry! :rofl:

The only reason I said it took 72 hours for one hour of footage is I have been on television here in United States four times and each television crew that they send down here.All tell me that's about how long it takes just filming for a one-hour show. I don't know but the television crews that I have worked with have told me this information's.

All of the ghost shows are fake, or at least mostly fake. I like ghost adventures because I think they are funny, even if what they find isn't real. You just aren't going to get ghosts every time you go somewhere, in every room. You are lucky if you get one or two.

Edited by kelunexplained

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as Paranormal State being faked goes, no, I don't believe it is. Not intentionally anyway. I'm a regular over on the board there and after a long while there I just don't see that, not coming from the team. They mostly seem like upfront, decent people. If anything I get that Buel and Co were a bit exasperated with how their show was edited and presented. They wanted more of a realistic show than was often allowed them I think.

What you have to remember about shows like these is they are not really owned by the people who do them in many cases but by the network that actually owns said show. They don't always get to edit their own content or to present it in a way that is more realistic. The people that provide the money to fund the making of the show, they have final say on content and of course they want it dramatized to the hilt all the time. Personally I think the reason that PS ended wasn't because people didn't want to see it anymore, but because Buell got sick of not being able to make the show he wanted to make all the time.

FYI, there's usually 20 or more hours of footage for every 23 minute show and the team did not edit that most of the time. They got to direct a few episodes but when you really come down to it, they didn't have control of their own show most of the time. I've never actually been to one of their events but I'm told it's much more realistic and better than watching the cable show. The cable show is all about ratings and drama. The events they're more about education and real investigation.

As for Ryan being an ego maniac? Nah, I don't get that from him. From the get go he's been pushed by the network into being the hearthrob of the cast, again it's all about ratings and attracting a certain viewing audience. Ryan's a cute kid, and a lot of the audience for PS was kids his age. From what I've seen of him online he can be a little embarrassed by all of that sometimes, the fan girls and the like.

As far as the mediums they've used? Verdict is out there. Chip is a bit too much of a drama queen for me and I don't quite trust his readings to be honest. Michelle on the other hand I believe may be really gifted. Loraine Warren, I actually rather like her anyway because she's such a character, but I've never been quite sure about the Warrens. I have considerable doubt there, mostly because of the Amityville case. I'm not saying that Zaffis is a total fake either, but I don't particularly like Zaffis much of late. His new show and his method of gathering semi-valuable objects for his museum really bothers me. The Warrens and Zaffis, it's a bit too carnival for me their work, but then the field has always been full of people like that. Some of them do fake things, but even so, some of them doa lot of serious work as well. Sometimes it can be difficult to separate the showmen from the real deal, you know?

Last comment, on the 2 more famous mediums mentioned here? Browne is a total crock, IMHO, and I dislike her carny act intensely. She's a total user that woman and definitely a fake of the worst kind. But Edward I am not too sure about. I was acquainted with him very briefly when he was much younger and doing psychic fairs, and the vibe I got off of him was that did have a genuine gift of some kind. Whether or not that gift is still there, or whether or not he's abused it, lost it and is faking it now isn't something I can really tell from a distance, but I do think he began with a genuine talent and a real motivation to help people.

The problem with being a well known psychic is that all too soon you have to deal with the results of the lure of fame and fortune. I don't covet that spotlight myself. I'm older, and I've just seen one too many genuine psychics lose their gift the moment it becomes their main source of income. Some people can make a living doing it to some extent and they are fine, but those who rise to fame, most of them it seems end up paying for that fame in ways that they never intended to.

It's the same with people who do the paranormal shows. Often I think they start out intending the best, to be different, to stay real. But the bottom line is they have to have drama and ratings or they don't get to stay on the air. They have to deal with backers and editors and a lot of the time the "truth" it just ends up on the cutting room floor and what remains? Edited in bad ways, and in the case of PS often the editing was terrible, something the team openly admits, what's left can make anyone look bad no matter how good the original intent.

Supposedly now that PS is off the air PRS will be taking more creative control of anything produced about them in the future. They are going more towards self-produced projects and there is more of a web and personally based approach happening with PRS and their work. I think ultimately that's a good thing. From what I've seen they're no more fond of the BS than their viewers were. I think they're done with a lot of the cable network drama and ready to move on to something more adult and realistic in content. I'm looking forward to seeing it actually, what they can do more on their own.

show faked? possibly. i really can't comment on it because i don't look that far into it. i don't think anything anyone presents on tv will ever convince me it's %100 real.

Ryan however is a very nice man. I got a chance to sit in on a pannel he and the paranormal state cast did at megacon a few years ago. he was very friendly and very nice.

i was hoping to have a chance at feeling chip out in person but he wasn't there. i don't like him i never have. mothers instict tells me not to leave children alone with him. and i'm not the only one who feels like that. i may be wrong. i hope i am. but i call it as i see it and i sure as hell see him acting really ****ing weird.

i do like michelle. XD i kinda have a tv crush on her but that's beside the point.

i wish she had been on all those shows instead of chip.

Anyone who is honestly surprised that this show and shows like this are fake is freakishly naive. It's all about the ratings, people.

Edited by Average Fallacy

i do like michelle. XD i kinda have a tv crush on her but that's beside the point.i wish she had been on all those shows instead of chip.

She'd probably smile at that comment. Michelle is ultra cool from what I can tell. I've only "met" her on the PRS board but she is a really fun person off the show. I think I'd really like her in real life. I'm not too sure I haven't met her at some point. I'm only a bit older than she is. First time I saw her she looked awfully familiar to me and likely we ran in some of the same circles for a while in the 90's. But I can't remember being introduced to her so I don't really know. I always have this vague feeling we were introduced at the same party one time or something.

If you haven't taken a look at her Hauntings book I'd suggest you do. I just read that one and really enjoyed it. It's very like the person I've come to know online. She's very funny that woman, in print and I'd have to say she knows her stuff. It was a very interesting and informative read.

lol awseome. <3 i think i signed up to the forums but my old computer died.

i've been following he live journal, and she has a youtube channel i follow also.

yeah i've been looking into her books a little but right now i don't have the funds. ><

I think that all the ghost hunting television shows are fake and all for the ratings. I think it's all staged.