Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top 50 Cryptids

Crai

A Hybrid in the Wild was confirmed some time ago, - Photo in the News: Polar Bear-Grizzly Hybrid Discovered

Thought I had heard that it was. Still I wouldn't want to come face to face with any grizzly hybrids, Grizzlies are mean.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• makaya325

• Undeadskeptic

• Crai

• psyche101

Thought I had heard that it was. Still I wouldn't want to come face to face with any grizzly hybrids, Grizzlies are mean.

Luckily being down under, I heave never met one. Going by reports, I hope I never do.

• 3 weeks later...
MacFarlane's Bear

The carcass is at the Smithsonian, believed to be a possible hybrid between a grizzly and polar bear. Or an new unknown species.

My dad used to work in the Northwest Territories and a guy (Native) shot a big freaking bear that turned out to be such a hybrid. Apparently they're extremely rare but increasing in number as the bears' respective territories get closer from the ice melts and human expansion.

My dad used to work in the Northwest Territories and a guy (Native) shot a big freaking bear that turned out to be such a hybrid. Apparently they're extremely rare but increasing in number as the bears' respective territories get closer from the ice melts and human expansion.

did he (ur dad) specify what tribe he was from?

its definitely not as silly as those 2. we have all sorts of evidence to either suggest their existence or warrant further investigation, its just that people are too lazy and sluggish to venture into unknown territory where these things live

Go on then. Produce some evidence Makaya. I dare you. And none of that 'Uncomfirmed tissue samples' or anything, I mean hard evidence. I fyou calim this is hair from a Mammoth, it can't be "Unknown hair sample" it has to be "Hair definately from a wooly mammoth" otherwise it's not evidence at all.

Go on then. Produce some evidence Makaya. I dare you. And none of that 'Uncomfirmed tissue samples' or anything, I mean hard evidence. I fyou calim this is hair from a Mammoth, it can't be "Unknown hair sample" it has to be "Hair definately from a wooly mammoth" otherwise it's not evidence at all.

i never said that. we have hair thats from something that doesnt match any mammal, yet when someone claims its this or this, its considered an extrodinary claim and they have to prove it.

im not going to produce evidence for u, since i live on long island, and i cant get to the other side of the country just to satisfy you

i never said that. we have hair thats from something that doesnt match any mammal, yet when someone claims its this or this, its considered an extrodinary claim and they have to prove it.

im not going to produce evidence for u, since i live on long island, and i cant get to the other side of the country just to satisfy you

You crack me up Makaya ;lol:

Anyway, I live in New Zealand. You'd have to travel overseas to reach me. But DW, I'm worth it.

No...?

Hand From the Sea - A huge grayish hand stretching over a mile underwater that snatches people off piers and crushes boats or saves drowning people and pulls ships from rocks.

Woolly Rhinoceros - Smaller version of a woolly mammoth.

Yohsi - Transparent twig-collecting beings of South America.

Gold Bug - Ultra-fine particles of gold that collaborate to produce quasi-solid, horse-sized sentient bugs with claws.

Crucota - Ghoul/werewolf hybrid with anesthetic phermones, and succeptability to iron weapons.

Gauarge - Austrailian dinosaur-bird.

Brass-feathered Birds - Tall, flightless golden birds with plumes as strong as metal.

Giant Hill Fox - Super-smart, black or gray fox larger than a wolf.

Stefnivarg - Scandanavian rat-wolves.

Garith - Telekinetic, golden-antennae'd blue, gray, and white mongooses.

You crack me up Makaya ;lol:

Anyway, I live in New Zealand. You'd have to travel overseas to reach me. But DW, I'm worth it.

wha...?

it should be considered extrodinary to claim either in support of the biological theory or the hoax theory.

ask most natives, and they dont believe in sea monsters as real animals, more as spirits.

Edited by makaya325

wha...?

it should be considered extrodinary to claim either in support of the biological theory or the hoax theory.

ask most natives, and they dont believe in sea monsters as real animals, more as spirits.

What do you mean by natives? That sounds almost racist (But I'm not PC enough to gave a damn)

Wait, are you talking abouyt BF? Can we take this to one of the BF forums then?

most of these are new to me as well but there are so many mythological and mysterious creatures out there, that if you put them all down it would be 200+ pages. thanks though i really enjoyed learning more about some species that i had not heard of. next step: proof!

Jklp44

• 1 month later...
did he (ur dad) specify what tribe he was from?

No, but it was around Norman Wells along the Mackenzie River if that helps.

I think there should be a clearer distinction in this thread between mythological creatures and actual animals that may yet be discovered by science, no offense to pol pot lives again but there have never been 'sightings' of some of those creatures you mentioned, they just appear in stories.

This is my top 50 famous cryptid around the world hehehe ^_^

50. Smilodon: It is still believed to be existed

49. Emela-ntouka: is claimed to be around the size of an African Bush Elephant, brownish to gray in color, with a heavy tail, and with a body of similar shape and appearance to a rhinoceros, including one long horn on its snout. Keeping its massive bulky body above ground level supposedly requires four short, stump-like legs. It is described as having no frills or ridges along the neck.

48.Sky fish: Although put as a discredited cryptid, it is still seen in the videos until now in fact we have a video with a Sky fish on it.

47. Dodo: Still believed to be existed since only an Island seen it and maybe there are some birds in other region

46. Ebu Gogo : A humn like hominid that once exist in flores

45. Alan: a human like bird hybrid that lived here in the Philippines.

44. Akkorokamui : Seen in Thailand.

43. Bondo Mystery Ape: Said to lived in the Bili Forest.

42. Bergman's Bear: An extinct bear but said to been seen somewhere down the road.

41. Dover Demon: It's information is still unknown

40. Giant anaconda: First seen in the movies ten confirmed to be real then a hoax but a dead giant anaconda is found.

39. Globster: All over the world's ocean so it is famous.

38. Grassman: A member of Charles Darwin's family hehehehe joke I mean a ape like man or a man ape like whatever.

37. Gnome: Admit it you know them don't you?

36. Japanese Wolf: Once issued as a character in the Doraemon series

35. Kappa: A frog like homonid

34.Lizard men: Famous theory for a failed human experiment.

33. Loveland frog: Princes's favorite man to kiss. (It is said that the fairytale about the frog prince is true and it is the loveland frog)

32. MacFarlane's Bear: Giant bear of Canada

31. Phantom cat: Feline from inner mind or outer space?

30. Phoenix: Story from east to west, a great mystery

29. Thunderbird: Indian or bird?

28 Sea monk: A terror for it's face

27. Bishop Fish: believe me I saw one of this before when I was a child.. It is a fish that is shape like a human and it's head is like the cap of a bishop.. It is aired in the Philippine tv called MGB and believe to be a siren.

26. Mermaid: They are famous.

25. Steller's Sea Cow: Seen in the northern part of the world.

24. Unicorn: A horse with a horn, famous in the world of femininity.

23. Phaya Naga: are serpent-like creatures believed by locals to live in the Laotian stretch of the Mekong river.

22. Moa: Seen in some part of Australia

21. Tazmanian Tiger: Seen in some part of Australia

20. Megalodon: Confirmation is still unknown.

19. Manananggal: A humanoid which can fly while half of it's body is left in the ground Indonesia had a same version of this.

18. Elf: You know them.

17. Giants: As written in the bible.

16. Kraken are legendary sea monsters of gargantuan size, said to have dwelt off the coasts of Norway and Iceland.

15. Centaur: You know them as a man with a horse body but in some part in Asia there are creatures with the face and feet of horse and body of a man.

14. Mammoth: Rumored still in the Ice land

13. Mahamba/Sarcosuchus: The giant crocodiel of Congo.. never die.

12. Lariosauro: A sea serpent.

11. Nessie: Who didn't know this creautre?

10. Tanuki: Why there are raccoon are so cute but dangerous?

9. Skunk ape: Maybe a giant skung.

8. Yeti/Bigfoot: The famous of all mountain gorilla.

7. Blemyess?: people with no head account in ancient egypt.

6. Dragon: You know them.

5. Sea Serpents: All over the worl.

4. Chupacabra; Suck the goat's blood.

3. Moth man: A terror before.

2. Spring Heeled jack: The ultimate jumper.

1: Angels and Devils: are they existing?

Bonus: Jersey Devil: I need some Jersey devil for my revenge :P

http://www.lorencoleman.com/top_cryptids.html

Cryptids are the yet-to-be discovered animals or recovered supposedly extinct zoological species that are being sought by cryptozoologists, zoologists, anthropologists, and other researchers through fieldwork in the wild, reexaminations of specimens in zoological collections, and searches of archival materials. For me, it all started with the Abominable Snowman (see Yeti) in 1960, moved quickly to an awareness of a world filled with cryptids. Here's my list of the top fifty cryptids actively being investigated and pursued today.

Ahool

Giant unknown bats are reported to reside in a region of western Java, plus similar reports under different names from Vietnam and the Philippines; possibly known as Orang-bati in Seram, Indonesia.

Almas

Huge hairy Neanderthaloid or Homo erectus-like hominids sighted in various parts of Euroasia.

Agogwe

The Agogwe are little, human-like, hairy, bipeds reported consistently from the forests of Eastern Africa.

Andean Wolf

These unrecognized mountain dogs are seen in South America.

Arabhar

These unconfirmed flying snakes are located in the Arabian Sea region.

Barmanu

Reportedly strong, muscular, and hairy humanoids reported from the Shishi-kuh valley in Pakistan.

Beast of Bodmin (or Bodmin Moor)

Locally named mystery felids found in the United Kingdom.

Bergman's Bear

Possible unknown species of giant bear once roamed Eastern Asia, and still may.

Bili Ape

Giant chimpanzees appear to live in remote east Africa, where much evidence points to their existence, including photos, footprints and ground nests.

Birds-of-Paradise

Six species from New Guinea and surrounding islands, and a distinctive Long-Tailed Black Bird-of-Paradise from Goodenough Island are of interest to cryptozoology.

Black Panthers and Maned Mystery Cats

Sighting of large Black Panthers and seemingly "African Lions" with manes in the Midwest USA have law enforcement officials on the alert.

Blue Mountain panthers

These unknown cats reportedly live in the Blue Mountains of the east coast of Australia in the state of New South Wales.

Blue Tiger

These mystery felids are spotted in the Fujian Province, China, and are also filed under the name Black Tiger.

Bobo

Sea monsters of the North Pacific Ocean are frequently reported off Monterey Bay since the 1940s, and have been given this local name.

Buffalo Lion

East African maneless lions are said to be man-eaters, and may reflect some new genetic alignments, akin to the King Cheetah discoveries among cheetahs.

Buru

Fifteen foot long bluish ­black giant lizards were seen often in the swamps, lakes and foothills of the Himalayas, up through the 1940s, although they may be extinct now.

Caddy

These unknown Sea Serpents living off the coast of British Columbia are a popular figure in Canadian cryptozoology.

Champ

Giant prehistoric-looking creatures lurk in Lake Champlain, a 109 mile lake that borders New York, Vermont, and Ontario.

Chupacabras

Also called "Goatsuckers," these bizarre Caribbean and South American cryptids are five feet tall biped creatures with short grey hair that have spiked hair and reported drain the blood through throat punctures of the livestock they kill.

Ebu Gogo

Three feet tall, hairy little people with pot bellies and long arms sighted on the island of Flores, Indonesia. Tiny females are said to have long, pendulous breasts.

Giant Anaconda

Reports have been made of 100 feet long snakes on the Rio Negro of the Amazon River basin.

Giant Octopus

The Blue Holes of Bimini, offer many sightings of these unknown huge, many-tentacled animals.

Giant Sloth

Weighing up to 3 tons, these supposedly extinct animals have been reported in South America in contemporary times.

Globsters

Strange looking giant creatures (also called blobs) wash up on the beaches of the world, get the media and scientists excited, and sometimes turn out to be "unknowns."

Honey Island Swamp Monster

Reportedly these "Swamp Thing" monsters are seen in the Louisiana swamps.

Jersey Devil

This regionalized name hides these creatures that have been haunting the New Jersey Pineland forest for over 260 years.

Kongamato

The natives of the Jiundu region of Northern Rhodesia (now Zambia) have firsthand encounters with these strange flying bat-like creatures.

Lake Storsjon Monster

Lake Seljord in the Telemark region of Norway has its own Lake Monsters swimming the waters here for centuries.

Lau

Are certain African lakes the home to 40 feet long unknown catfishes or lungfishes?

Loch Ness Monster

Nessie is the most famous Lake Monster in the world; they are said to inhabit this loch, an extremely deep Scottish lake.

MacFarlane's Bear

The carcass is at the Smithsonian, believed to be a possible hybrid between a grizzly and polar bear. Or an new unknown species.

Mngwa

The Mngwa are cats described as being as large as donkeys, with marks like a tabby and living in Africa - but not a known species.

Mokele-Mbembe

For over two hundred years there have been reports of living Sauropods (dinosaur) in the remote Congo area of Africa. They may being confused with accounts of other local cryptids, aquatic rhinos.

Mongolian Death Worm

Locals in the Gobi Desert of Mongolia talk of these giant snakes, worms, or long thin lizards (also called Olgoi-khorkhoi or Allghoi-khorkhoi) as killing livestock and people with their breath.

Mothman

A local name for giant owls (also called Bighoot) which has been sighted for over 100 years in West Virginia-Ohio area, and elsewhere in North America.

Ogopogo

This is Canada's most famous type of water monsters, inhabitants of Lake Okanagan in the south central interior of British Columbia.

Orang-Pendak

These reportedly small biped small apes (also called Sedapa) live in the jungles of Sumatra and Borneo.

Peruvian Mystery Jaguar

Unknown large cats with white background covered in solid irregular spots are seen in the rainforests of Peru.

Skunk Ape

Also known by the label Myakka "Ape" and other local names (Booger, Swamp Ape), these chimpanzee- or orangutan-like primates have been sighted throughout central and south Florida.

Steller's Sea Cow

A once thought extinct species, these totally marine animals, looking like huge, wrinkled manatees, and are still being seen by Russian fisherman.

Tasmanian Tiger or Thylacine

Thought extinct, these wolf-like marsupials are still sighted on a regular basis in Western Australia, and perhaps New Guinea too.

Tazelwurm

Classic small log-shaped reptilian cryptids from the European Alps are enigmatic animals, but have they gone extinct in historical times?

Thunderbird

Large condor-like birds, perhaps Teratorns, roam the skies of North America, along regular migration routes.

Tzuchinoko

Unknown species of snake sighted in the upper elevations of Korea and Japan.

Ucu

The South American Bigfoot live mainly in the Andean foothills.

Waitoreke

These strange unknown otter-like beasts are seen in New Zealand, and as yet undiscovered.

Xing-Xing

This is a specific regional name, from southern China, for small unknown apes.

Yeren

The Chinese Wildmen are reddish, semi-bipedal, and often encountered by locals and government officials along rural roads.

Yeti

Yeti, unknown rock apes, are creatures reported as crossing the Himalayan plateaus and living in the valley forests. There is not just "one" Abominable Snowman, and they are no "white."

Yowie

These tall hairy unknown hominoids are sighted throughout several remote areas of Australia

The ones I bolded are the creatures I believe are most likely real.

Now for the Ahool. What it could be is a unknown species of new Bat that is big.

The Blue Tiger. They say that Blue Tigers are a cause of a kind of genetic mutation. So that could be the cause.

Now for the Ground Sloth. I highly and really believe these huge creatures could still be alive today and not extinct. If I'm not mistaken. Most of the Amazon barely has been discovered and there is yet to reveal many new species. There could be a relict population of these Ground Sloths, but if there is. I know there in the Amazon somewhere very deep.

To tell you guys. The Skunk Ape is kind of real. It revealed that Skunk Ape sightings were really escaped Orangatuans from zoos or stuff.

Those are very possible.

We have had two sightings of the black panther here in Australia within the past few months. One up at Gympie and one outside Toowoomba (On the news two nights ago). Except the public are saying that it is a circus animal that has escaped. Might be able to find it on the win news website for Toowoomba but some guy got a plaster cast of the footprints he found! Very weird stuff

Why are some of those on the list? Maltese tigers and the beast(s) of Bodmin are known to exist (now).

Even blue pumas. All cats (supposedly) carry a Maltese "gene".

Anyway.

http://www.messybeast.com/genetics/tigers-blue.htm

linked-image

An actual (preserved) blue tiger, born in Oklahoma.

Since the 1960s, they shouldn't be considered a cryptid. :blink:

Also helpful link on maneless lions: http://www.messybeast.com/genetics/lions-maneless.htm

And pumas: http://www.messybeast.com/genetics/mutant-pumas.html

General fun with out of place big cats: http://www.messybeast.com/genetics/anomalous-bigcats.html

Jesus, gotta love Messybeast.

Edited by Ebonykrow