Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hajj Mubarak!

oldvariant42

Asslam-O-Aleikum

(May Peace Be On All of You)

Wishing everyone Hajj Mubarak....

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oldvariant42

• WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

• Darklight

• Mainpoint

Asslam-O-Aleikum

Happy hajj to you as well!

the eid this year is coming near the Christmas , next year will be even closer

about 8 days before Christmas , the year after that (2010) will come after about 8 days of the Christmas

i was calculating to see if the two holidays will share the same days , but apparently it won't , not in this decade

happy Eid

Asslam-O-Aleikum

Why limit your blessing of peace only to MUslims?

Blessings to you.... Salaam ?

When I read the OP's Title line etc... the above is what immediatly came to mind for me.... then I sought to look into it a little more, and found the following on line...

The Hajj is an amazing and powerful symbol of equality and unity in a world distraught with frictions and factions.

It is not just a symbol of ‘Muslim brotherhood’ but of human oneness. It is not simply a connection - in its rituals and its meanings - amongst the Abrahamic faiths; it is also a spiritually moving and visually powerful symbol of the unity of all humankind. There are those who wish to reduce the meaning of the message to merely one religion, or even one sect. I, at least, have always found it a more universal message and moved by the symbolism of unity and harmony of all.

So, as I have stated in my above post, prior to finding this.... I again put forth that which immediatly came to me and that which is in my heart to all.....

Peace and Blessings to all in this world.... Love and Light to illuminate our path toward world peace and Love.

When I read the OP's Title line etc... the above is what immediatly came to mind for me.... then I sought to look into it a little more, and found the following on line...

The Hajj is an amazing and powerful symbol of equality and unity in a world distraught with frictions and factions.

It is not just a symbol of ‘Muslim brotherhood’ but of human oneness. It is not simply a connection - in its rituals and its meanings - amongst the Abrahamic faiths; it is also a spiritually moving and visually powerful symbol of the unity of all humankind. There are those who wish to reduce the meaning of the message to merely one religion, or even one sect. I, at least, have always found it a more universal message and moved by the symbolism of unity and harmony of all.

So, as I have stated in my above post, prior to finding this.... I again put forth that which immediatly came to me and that which is in my heart to all.....

Peace and Blessings to all in this world.... Love and Light to illuminate our path toward world peace and Love.

Salaam (Peace)

Thank you very much for that insight on the symbolism of Hajj, you are absolutely correct in my opinion, and I wish we heard more such explanations in the media.

Salaam (Peace)

Thank you very much for that insight on the symbolism of Hajj, you are absolutely correct in my opinion, and I wish we heard more such explanations in the media.

Your very welcome....

Tell me... I thought Salaam ment "How are you today" or in a sense a greeting..... (In Pakastani that is... )

Blessings and Light

Edited by WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Your very welcome....

Tell me... I thought Salaam ment "How are you today" or in a sense a greeting..... (In Pakastani that is... )

Blessings and Light

Salaam (Peace)

Salaam means "peace" and comes from the same root word [S,L,M] as the word Islam meaning "a peaceful state of surrender/submission", and one who embraces or is in a state of Islam is called "Muslim" from the same root. The formal greeting is "As Salaam Alaikum" ("peace be upon you") responded to with the phrase "wa laikum as Salaam" ("and upon you be peace"). Informally a lot of people say "maa salaama" which is sort of a "hey whats up? peace bro!" casual kind of thing.

"Kayfa anta" or "kayfa an" literally means "how are you?" which usually follows the formal or informal greeting.

Your very welcome....

Blessings and Light

As Salaamu Alaykum = Peace Be Upon You

Wa Alaykum As Salaam = And on you be peace

Shukran Jaziylan = Thank VERY MUCK

Laa Shukran Ala Waajib = That's all right ( It's my obligation ) ( Reply )

Afwan = That's alright ( A pardoning )

Marhaban Bika = You're welcome

Ahlan Wa Sahlan = Welcome and peace

Ma'am = Yes

Laa = No

Laysa = Not

Min Fadlak = Please

Shukran = Thanks

Ashkuruka = I thank you

Ma As - Salaamah = Good bye ( Go with peace )

Araaka Fiy Maa Ba'd In Shaa - A Allah = See you later if Allah wills

Al - Hamdu Lillah Ala As - Salaamah = Welcome back praise to Allah on you peace

Salamaka Allah ( Thank you + Your peace comes from Allah )

Maa Ismuka = What is your name

Ismiy Ahmad = My name is Ahmad

Uqaddimu Laka Sayyid Mahmuwd = May I introduce Mr . Mahmuwd

Tasharrafnaa = I am very pleased to meet you

Sabaah An - Nuwr = Good morning

Nahaarak Sa 'iyd = Good afternoon to you

Nahaarak Mubaarak = Good afternoon with blessing to you ( Reply )

Masaa -A Al Khayr = Good evening

Masaa A An Nuwr = May your evening be bright ( Reply )

Laylat Sa'Iydah = Good Night

Hal Tatahaddthu Al Lughata Al - Iytaaliyyah = Can you converse in the Italian language ?

Aywah Atahaddathu Qaliylan = Yeah , I can converse a little .

Min Fadlak Takallam Ala Mahlik = Could you please speak more slowly please

Ana Laa Atakallamu Lughataka Jayyidan = I don't speak your language very well .

Min Fadlak Takallam Bisawtin Aaliy = Please could you speak with a higher voice ( louder ) .

Ma Ma'na Hadhaa = What does this mean ?

Ma Ma;na Dhaaka = What does that mean ?

Hal Tafhamu = Do you understand ?

Na ' Am Afhamu = Yes , I understand

Kayfa Haalaka = How are you

Kawiys Al -Hamdu Lillah Wa Anta =

Bikhayr Al -Hamdu Lillah Wa Anta = Very good , Praise to Allah , And you

Al - Hamdu Lillah Mutashukkar Wa Anta = Praise to Allah , Thank you very much , And you

Kawiys Al - Hamdu Lillah = Fine , Praise to Allah ( Reply )

Tayyis Al - Hamdu Lillah = Marvelous , Praise to Allah ( Reply )

Hal Tatakallamu Al - Lughata Al - Injiliyziyyah = Do you speak the english language ?

Na'Am Ana Atakallamu Injiliyziy Wa Firinsiywa = Yes , I speak english and french And .... Asbaaniy Wa Al - Lughatal - Arabiyyata Al - Fusha = Spanish and the language of classical Arabic .

Thnx Evry1 for wishing... :)

May Peace be on everyone here!

And thnx IssaEl...for your help regarding arabic... ;)

Edited by Zeeshan - (Twisted!)

Why limit your blessing of peace only to MUslims?

Blessings to you.... Salaam ?

What I said was 'Asslam-O-Aleikum' Meaning 'MAy Peace Be On You' and then i said "(May Peace Be On All of You)" meaning everyone...

and then Wishing everyone Hajj Mubarak...., got it?

And For your Second post...Yes I Agree...No any Fraction...no any creed...no any race...just Humans.....uniting... :)

Salaam (Peace)

Salaam means "peace" and comes from the same root word [S,L,M] as the word Islam meaning "a peaceful state of surrender/submission", and one who embraces or is in a state of Islam is called "Muslim" from the same root. The formal greeting is "As Salaam Alaikum" ("peace be upon you") responded to with the phrase "wa laikum as Salaam" ("and upon you be peace"). Informally a lot of people say "maa salaama" which is sort of a "hey whats up? peace bro!" casual kind of thing.

"Kayfa anta" or "kayfa an" literally means "how are you?" which usually follows the formal or informal greeting.

Is that for Pakastani then? My frind usually uses it in that text also, more a casual aspect of the phrase.....

He also taught me...... Kia hall hey...... (not sure on the spelling)....

As Salaamu Alaykum = Peace Be Upon You

Wa Alaykum As Salaam = And on you be peace

Shukran Jaziylan = Thank VERY MUCK

Laa Shukran Ala Waajib = That's all right ( It's my obligation ) ( Reply )

Afwan = That's alright ( A pardoning )

Marhaban Bika = You're welcome

Ahlan Wa Sahlan = Welcome and peace

Ma'am = Yes

Laa = No

Laysa = Not

Min Fadlak = Please

Shukran = Thanks

Ashkuruka = I thank you

Ma As - Salaamah = Good bye ( Go with peace )

Araaka Fiy Maa Ba'd In Shaa - A Allah = See you later if Allah wills

Al - Hamdu Lillah Ala As - Salaamah = Welcome back praise to Allah on you peace

Salamaka Allah ( Thank you + Your peace comes from Allah )

Maa Ismuka = What is your name

Ismiy Ahmad = My name is Ahmad

Uqaddimu Laka Sayyid Mahmuwd = May I introduce Mr . Mahmuwd

Tasharrafnaa = I am very pleased to meet you

Sabaah An - Nuwr = Good morning

Nahaarak Sa 'iyd = Good afternoon to you

Nahaarak Mubaarak = Good afternoon with blessing to you ( Reply )

Masaa -A Al Khayr = Good evening

Masaa A An Nuwr = May your evening be bright ( Reply )

Laylat Sa'Iydah = Good Night

Hal Tatahaddthu Al Lughata Al - Iytaaliyyah = Can you converse in the Italian language ?

Aywah Atahaddathu Qaliylan = Yeah , I can converse a little .

Min Fadlak Takallam Ala Mahlik = Could you please speak more slowly please

Ana Laa Atakallamu Lughataka Jayyidan = I don't speak your language very well .

Min Fadlak Takallam Bisawtin Aaliy = Please could you speak with a higher voice ( louder ) .

Ma Ma'na Hadhaa = What does this mean ?

Ma Ma;na Dhaaka = What does that mean ?

Hal Tafhamu = Do you understand ?

Na ' Am Afhamu = Yes , I understand

Kayfa Haalaka = How are you

Kawiys Al -Hamdu Lillah Wa Anta =

Bikhayr Al -Hamdu Lillah Wa Anta = Very good , Praise to Allah , And you

Al - Hamdu Lillah Mutashukkar Wa Anta = Praise to Allah , Thank you very much , And you

Kawiys Al - Hamdu Lillah = Fine , Praise to Allah ( Reply )

Tayyis Al - Hamdu Lillah = Marvelous , Praise to Allah ( Reply )

Hal Tatakallamu Al - Lughata Al - Injiliyziyyah = Do you speak the english language ?

Na'Am Ana Atakallamu Injiliyziy Wa Firinsiywa = Yes , I speak english and french And .... Asbaaniy Wa Al - Lughatal - Arabiyyata Al - Fusha = Spanish and the language of classical Arabic .

Thanks honey.... thats alot to learn... Im working on my Pakistan, but slowly, Im old.... lol. I dont learn as fast as I used to....

What I said was 'Asslam-O-Aleikum' Meaning 'MAy Peace Be On You' and then i said "(May Peace Be On All of You)" meaning everyone...

and then Wishing everyone Hajj Mubarak...., got it?

And For your Second post...Yes I Agree...No any Fraction...no any creed...no any race...just Humans.....uniting... :)

Got it!

It seems we are all slow in this department.... and way too overdue.....in this world. :)

Too much hate, and not enough love. :(

When will we all learn its all about love and tolerence?

Is that for Pakastani then? My frind usually uses it in that text also, more a casual aspect of the phrase.....

He also taught me...... Kia hall hey...... (not sure on the spelling)....

Thanks honey.... thats alot to learn... Im working on my Pakistan, but slowly, Im old.... lol. I dont learn as fast as I used to....

Got it!

It seems we are all slow in this department.... and way too overdue.....in this world. :)

Too much hate, and not enough love. :(

When will we all learn its all about love and tolerence?

Yes Warrior, I agree! Nice to see someone step forward and express his/her kind views... :)

Take Care

Happy Haji , Merry Christmas, Happy Chanuka , Happy Quanza, and a Big Haole Makahiki Hou, (Happy New Year) To all. :wub::):D:tsu:

Love Omnaka

Salaam to all Jews, Christian, Hindus, Buddhist, Atheist, Mormons, and to all who is able to read this message. Everyone is an equal being. No one is superior.

• 8 years later...

It's been nine years since this thread was alive. I happened upon the phrase Hajj Mubarak on etsy, printed on balloons. Curious, I typed it in for the meaning and came across this. There have been years since this thread where hatred in the world have divided us all. Coming on this, albeit out of season, was just something nice to see. So I've shared it. The only thing to defeat hate, is love. And to be cheesy and quote a song, "We're not broken, just bent, and we can learn to love again".