Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whats in a name?

Halo_Jones

Found this in a magazine today, it's about the strange names people have given themselves.

1/ Antony Duda silenced his friends who teased him about his unusual surname, he changed his first name to Zipardi.

Zipardi Duda 43, from Whitby, North Yorkshire, is hoping his new name will promote his charity Shangri-la, which helps children in Africa.

2/Lord of the Rings fanatic Craig Thompson changed his name last year to Sauron, The Dark Lord. Craig,18, was even given a new name badge at the Warner Village Cinema where he works in Cheshire. Fellow staff had to stifle their giggles when he changed his details.Prehaps he should team up with Star Wars fan Kelvin Ricci from Dorset, who became Obi Wan Kenobi last May.

3/Since a trip to New York 3 years ago, Lynsey & Paul Davenport have been obsessed with the USA. Their dream home is a shrine to all things american and they cruise around Manchester in their Cadaillac.

They've changed their names to Jolene & Bob America and insist their friends call them by name in an American accent.

4/ In February cartoon fan Gary Brett, 29, changed his name to Hong Kong Phooey - without telling his wife Danielle, from Hertfordshire, only to find out when their council tax bill arrived addressed to Mr HK Phooey!

5/ When Grant & Diane Mclachlan's baby survived a month in intensive care after being born 5 weeks early, they decided to name him Fox Mulder as they are huge fans of the X-Files.

Diane, from Dundee, said "it's our favourite TV show and the character has all the qualities I would like my son to have when he grows up. He's very dishy, as well as being intelligent and sophisticated."

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Halo_Jones

• Dr.Brain

• SpaceyKC

• odinsupreme

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how some people can let obsession

go too far!!! :s2

I had thoughts about the name Fox too, but decided

maybe it's better for one of the pets! :s6

Nice find, Halo! :s1

I think I'll call myself,

Mr. I am not your Father

Mr. I am not your Mother Either

:s04

Odin

Maybe Jolene and Bob should move to America?

Why? Do you have something intresting to say? :s04

:s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2

I concur with MM...... Halo very funny

Why? Do you have something intresting to say? ========================================

Yes.....Halo_Jones.....Mail Me........But not to ask me what I wanna say here.... :s3

How about this one then, in Sweden in 1999 a couple were fined £390 and told to find a shorter name when they called there son Bfxxccxxmnpckccc111mmnprxvc1mnckssqibb11116 (pronounced 'Albin' apparently) they then upset the authorities again by calling there son 'A'.