Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israeli troops destroy home of Hamas activist in T

<bleeding_heart>

Israeli forces demolished early Sunday a Palestinian house and inflicted grave damage to nearby houses in the West Bank refugee camp of Tulkarem, according to witnesses.

They told the official WAFA news agency that Israeli military vehicles moved into the camp and besieged the house of Fakhry al-A'rda, forced its eight dwellers under gunpoint to get out, shortly before dynamiting it.

The troops entered the Tulkarem refugee camp overnight and demolished the home of A'rda, who was shot dead during a weekend attack.

A'rda - who was released just last week from an Israeli prison - infiltrated the West Bank settlement of Avnei Hefetz late Friday. He opened fire on a house, killing a settler and injuring his 14-year-old daughter.

Meanwhile, Israeli troops kept the round-the-clock curfew imposed on the refugee camp for the second consecutive day, the agency added.

Source

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• <bleeding_heart>

• Erikl

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very balanced report... disgust.gif

The story is told as if the IDF destroyed the house of an innocent Palestinian, and only in the 4th paragraph does it mention that he "fire on a house", not before it says "Israeli forces demolished early Sunday a Palestinian house" (a poor innocent one, I'm sure), and then saying "demolished the home of A'rda, who was shot dead during a weekend attack" (evil IDF shot him and then destroyed his house! how rude!), and only then mentioning that he "fired on a house" killing "a settler" (as it makes any difference... settlers are Israelis, and this is the reason why the Palestinians are killing them).

Ofcourse the story make a lot of effort to describe how bad and evil was the IDF, giving only one line to the reason the Palestinian was shot, and even then it is minimized by saying that he "shot on house" and killed "a settler".

Ofcourse they forgot to mention that he broke into the house with AK74 and hand grenades shooting the dwellers, then the father ran with is family to a room, lock the door, took his pistol from the safe box, then went out to kill the TERRORIST who was about to MURDER his family, only to die by the hands of that well-trained terrorist who wore ski-mask and uniforms. After he killed the father, the IDF soldiers were already there, so he fired on them while he was running back to his terrorist comrades. Only after almost an hour of curfew on that "settlement" and exchanging fire between him and the IDF force, did the Israeli soldiers managed to kill him.

But why would this story mention this? after all, it is much easier to show Israel and the IDF as an evil, fascist and racist entity.

After stories like this people here are wondering why do I claim that the TV Networks are biased... disgust.gif

Read the report, take it how it is written and stop trying to find hidden meaning. It clearley states who the house belonged to and what he was responsible for.

A'rda - who was released just last week from an Israeli prison - infiltrated the West Bank settlement of Avnei Hefetz late Friday. He opened fire on a house, killing a settler and injuring his 14-year-old daughter.

He killed a man and injured a child what more do you want? That incident was widely reported I'm sure, this article is about the destruction of a house.

Edited by <bleeding_heart>

Read the report, take it how it is written and stop trying to find hidden meaning. It clearley states who the house belonged to, what he was responsible for.

I just entered the site you gave - no wonder! this is an Arab site! Israel isn't even shown in the countries that are supposedly in the Middle-East (like Morroco and Turkey... last time I checked those countries are not in the ME).

Maybe I should post here a newsflash from one of Al-Qaeda's sites regarding British and American actions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This is not a balanced source for news about Israel. But the sadest thing of all of this is that the way this story was written is not uncommon in European reports, showing how the European networks are biased.

Edited by Erikl

this article is about the destruction of a house.

Mmm... let's see...

Human lives Vs. Terrorist House....

Mmmm...

I wonder what is more precious....

Ah, wait no, this is a SETTLER, so is life doesn't even come near the value of a Palestinian terrorist's house. disgust.gif

Edited by Erikl

Maybe I should post here a newsflash from one of Al-Qaeda's sites regarding British and American actions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

You are welcome to many British and American users of this forum have.

This is not a balanced suource for news on Israel. But the sadest thing of all of this is that the way this story was written is not uncommon in European reports, showing how the European networks are biased.

In your opinion, obviously because it doesnt conform to your views.

Based on the many news sources I have read, watched and listened to the format of a report usually goes along the lines of;

MAIN SUBJECT - BACKGROUND - AFTER EFFECTS - CONCLUSIONS (if any).

Not always the case but it makes this report no different from many others on various subjects.

It wasnt about human lives vs a house, it did not compare the two, or present itself as doing such so GROW UP.

Hamas claims settler shooting

The Palestinian militant group Hamas has said one of its members carried out Friday night's shooting of an Israeli settler in the West Bank.

The settler was killed and his young daughter injured by the teenage gunman, whom soldiers later shot dead.

Hamas said the attack was in response to Israel's assassination of the movement's spiritual leader, Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, on 22 March.

The Israeli army subsequently made up to 30 arrests in the city of Nablus.

Hamas named the gunman who attacked Avnei Hefetz settlement near the Palestinian town of Tulkarm as Ramzi Fakhri Arda, in a statement sent to AFP news agency.

The 18-year-old was shooting at a house on the settlement when the Israeli man came out to confront him, reports said.

He then shot the man dead and injured his 12-year-old daughter.

Shortly after the incident, the Israeli army raided Nablus in an operation sources told AFP was aimed at undermining the structure of Hamas in the city.

Army sources said 26 people had been arrested. Palestinian security sources put the number at 30.

One of you biased western, notice how the only act of barbarism mentioned is that of the palestinian who killed a man and injured his child. It says Israel made arrests and carried out an operation to undermine the group that claimed responsibility for the murders. It does not cast the Israelis in a bad way.

It does state the reason Hamas gave for the killing but then they gave any reasons the IRA gave for acts of terrorism.

It mentions the age of the killer as is standard in British reports when it is known.

Source

Oh please... read my post again and you'll see what I meant:

The choice of word is obviously chosed to emphesize all the Israeli actions first, and only then in a small aparagraph or better yet one line does it says what the Palestinian did, and even then his actions are being shown as best as it can.

It is obvious that anyone who is just taking a quick view of this story will get the actions of the IDF, which are being twisted and barbarized, and only if he'll take time to read it will he see the part about the father who was killed.

Do I even need to prove to any one here that Arab networks are constantly anti-Israeli? Are you that naive?

Edited by Erikl

YES because the report is about the Israeli action of destroying a house.

and only then in a small aparagraph or better yet one line does it says what the Palestinian did, and even then his actions are being shown as best as it can.

Background and how can the murder of a man an the shooting of his child be shown in any kind of good way (Looking for hidden meaning again aren't you).

It is obvious that anyone who is just taking a quick view of this story will get the actions of the IDF, which are being twisted and barbarized, and only if he'll take time to read it he will see the paragraph about the father who was killed.

Obvious to you! They blew up a house belonging to a terrorist group, how is that barberised (Hidden meaning again). This is background and has been widely reported in its own right.

Heres a though why dont you post a report on the same incident that is completely unbiased it'll make you feel better.

Sure!

HERE is one. Even though it is still a little bit biased (cause it calls Yassin "spiritual leader" and says that the terrorist that was killed was only a suspect (but later own in the body of the report in the third paragraph it says that Hamas took responsibility), as CNN usually is biased, it is much less biased then the Arab site you posted here earlier.

My advice - if you want a balanced coverage, watch Fox news or SkyNews (which is usually balanced, but on some occasions it does slip a little bit).

Not Al-Jazzera or BBC (or CNN for the most times).

Israeli army kills Palestinian suspected in settler's death this is the main focus not the destruction of the house I assumed you were going to provide a link to an "unbiased" version of the report I posted.

Israeli army kills Palestinian suspected in settler's death this is the main focus not the destruction of the house I assumed you were going to provide a link to an "unbiased" version of the report I posted.

I couldn't find any report on this, because no one emphesize it.

Why does it matter if a house of a terrorist is being destroyed? Does the actions of the Coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan are being monitored to this level?

I couldn't find any report on this, because no one emphesize it.  Why does it matter if a house of a terrorist is being destroyed?

Accountability

Does the actions of the Coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan are being monitored to this level?

Yes.

US Troops Kill Two Protesters Theres thousands of these reports.

Edited by <bleeding_heart>

Yes.

US Troops Kill Two Protesters Theres thousands of these reports.

This is not what I meant. I meant does all the counter-terrorism actions of the US and Co. are being told?

No things go on behind the scenes special forces, intelligence agencys etc as in Israel, public actions such as this was yes.