Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most Annoying/Hated

Shadowmalerenamon

What's your most hated level, mission, etc. in any game? Mine is from the original Armored Core, a mission titled "Stop Gas Exposure", where you have to enter a facility in your mech and shut down six gas canisters. The gas is, of coarse, corrosive, so you suffer constant damage, and the facility's defenses are still up. Most annoying mission ever, in my opinion.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kevin7557

• Shadowmalerenamon

• Bez

• Grand Daddy Grunge

In WoW. Back b efore TBC was released. The Horde Onyxia Attunement quest-line. Old school hordies know what im talkin about.

• 2 weeks later...

Draygon from Super Metroid on the SNES. Ridiculously hard to beat... then I discovered the grapple.

there's been so many I get frustrated really fast! lol alot from Zelda, even though its simple sometimes I think too complex lol.

Hmmm let me think for a minute. There have been quite a few.

Got it. Etermination for the PS2 toward the end. Little ammo, health, ext and yet they still expected you to go on. Beat the game and shelved it. I now call any game that gives you little resources, and I quote it suffers from "Extermination Syndrom". God was that annoying when you run out of ammo on a boss fight.

Pretty much any mission that is long and without checkpoints would qualify. God it is sooo annoying redoing those.

For me it's Pong. I can never beat the game when playing single.

I hear there's a more sophisticated system called Atari or something like that, but I think it might be way too complicated. :P

Another bad level is in a game (I can't remember it's name though) you have to play each mission twice in a row, the only difference being a different character. I think any mission in that game easily makes the cut for most hated mission just because of that

he flight school mission on GTA san andreas was utterly impossible for me. I had never flown a plane (in game, duh) before and it took me about a month. also the 5th chapter mirrors edge.

The first Max payne when he dreams and you have to follow the blood trail on a black screen. If you fall off or jump to the wrong blood trail it starts over. That seriously kept me from continueing the game because it annoyed me so bad.

The first Max payne when he dreams and you have to follow the blood trail on a black screen. If you fall off or jump to the wrong blood trail it starts over. That seriously kept me from continueing the game because it annoyed me so bad.

I hated that too, but you know that if you take the wrong path, a loud scream will echo, telling you that you're going the wrong way right?

• 2 weeks later...

one that sticks in my mind the most, is on my DS. Naruto Ninja Council, you have to kill 30 snakes in 2 minutes. I swear seriously impossible.

I tried it with all the characters with any amount of special jutsu's, nothing. Not even my hubby or my brother could do it.

Ended selling that stupid game because it drove me so mental.

Another bad level is in a game (I can't remember it's name though) you have to play each mission twice in a row, the only difference being a different character. I think any mission in that game easily makes the cut for most hated mission just because of that

Winback 2 for the playstation 2 is the only game I know that you have to play the mission twice from both characters points of view. Good in theory but not some much in practice I guess.

Winback 2 for the playstation 2 is the only game I know that you have to play the mission twice from both characters points of view. Good in theory but not some much in practice I guess.

Yep, that's it. Good in theory, bad in practice. It would have been better if you didn't have to play the mission from another perspective directly after completing it the first time. Adding it as a sort of New Game+ mode is a far better idea

Edited by Knight of the Twilight

Yep, that's it. Good in theory, bad in practice. It would have been better if you didn't have to play the mission from another perspective directly after completing it the first time. Adding it as a sort of New Game+ mode is a far better idea

Or make it more intertwined on better looking levels with the ability to see the other you going about his objectives. It could be done much better on the current gen concils which were next gen.

The death claw Sanctuary (its more of an area then a level) on Fall out 3

In Battlefield: Bad Company, the levels after you lose your entire crew and go solo -.-

In WoW. Back b efore TBC was released. The Horde Onyxia Attunement quest-line. Old school hordies know what im talkin about.

Oh man I know!!!

I had an old pre BC Tauren Hunter on BurningLegion.

He was in nearly full T1 and some T2 with both hunter epic weapons. Those quests were awful. And the Onyxia attunemet was brutal as well.

And Manhunt's last levels.

Spike lvls in the BioCommander Remake. Problem being is that the game moves too slow for it to be done very good. No room for recovery which would be doable if there were faster mechanics and there were times when the bottons didn't even work. There are alot of lvls in that game which are kinda annoying.

The later lvls of extermination. It is so nice when they expect you to be able to do something with out enough supplies. I ran out on the boss which used to be your partner/Best friend (Military partner). Ran out of ammo and you can't go mono o mono with it.

The Library in Halo. That whole 'Follow Guilty Spark as he very slowly meanders through long halls filled with Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood after Flood...' thing.

You get the idea. I detested that part of the game. You never even have time to stop to swap weapons so you can grab a shotgun, if you stop moving and shooting for the second or so it takes to drop the pistol and pick up a shotgun, the Flood combat forms just sort of, y'know. KILL YOU.

Edited by Drago