Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photos of orbs, streaks and ghostly mists...

Babs

Another photo. This is a red streak, streaking down the drive. It starts on the far left side of the picture and streaks down past my car. It's heading in the direction of my barn where I have photographed orbs and ghostly mists.

Edited by Babs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Loonboy

• PurpleStuart

• Agent_21

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you know, it does look like the orbs you always see in pictures, but to me they never look real, like its dry water spots on the camera or something....well thats what it looks like

This photo was taken at my Halloween party in my barn. We congregated at the barn for ghost stories. Notice the eerie mist I photographed. The mist was above our group; we sat in a circle below.

grin2.gif No.

Another picture of orbs at Gettysburg; I think this was at Devil's Den. My pictures are clear, but don't show up as clear on the net.

Many people have orbs in their pictures at this location and strange sightings of ghostly soldiers have appeared at Devil's Den. This was a dry, beautiful night.

Edited by Babs

Despite my own posting of orbs on this forum, I'm not entirely convinced that orbs are spirits.

I have had a digital camera for a year now and I've taken hundreds of photos with it and never once captured an orb. The photos I posted were from a friend's camera, which is an older digital model. He believes that the orbs are simply a byproduct of a fault in the manufacture of the earlier digital cameras, and I'm tempted to agree.

I do believe that impressions of ghosts & spirits can be caught on camera - look at the stuff 'Most Haunted' have captured, but not digital camera orbs.

dontgetit.gif

orb photos are most likely caused by the reflection of light, but there are the odd ones that are unexplainable. that one is just reflections.

This is not a digital camera; it is my Minolta 35 mm. I do, however, have a digital camera and will be showing some photos from that camera. I will tell you when it is a digital camera. original.gif

As far as light is concerned, there wasn't any; we were in pitch black on a battlefield that is miles long. We were out in the middle of nowhere...no cars...nothing. ph34r.gifwhistling2.gif

Edited by Babs

Babs - but i assume you used a flash? Thats all the light you would need to get a reflection.

Loonboy - I have many photos with 'orbs' on them (not one of which is supernatural btw) and all taken with a non-digital camera, i don't think that it matters what type of camera you use, its more to do with lighting and how much particulate (is that a word grin2.gif ?) matter is in the air.

Doesn't the flash have to have something to reflect off of? There was nothing to reflect off of...the rock is flat, dead; you can't get a reflection off a rock. I have other pictures of that spot and there aren't any orbs. The pictures were taken one right after the other. Orbs move...they come and go.

I don't know what to think. blink.gif

PurpleStuart, 'particulate'.... hmmm.... melike grin2.gif

Babs, I'm sorry, I misunderstood and thought yours were taken with a digital camera. I understand that orbs are less often captured using conventional film as opposed to digital technology, but obviously does happen.

Now I don't know what to think. blink.gif

Babs - it is reflecting off tiny dust particles close to the lense, maybe as little as millimetres away or thereabouts, not bouncing light off the rock on the other side of the picture. 'Orbs' indeed move - that tiny bit of dust is blown or falls out of camera shot quickly, though this is dependant on atmospheric conditions.

That could be reflection off tiny dust particles...I've wondered about that...but it could, also, be orbs. original.gif

What about the mist in my barn? or the streaks?

I have taken dozens of pictures in my life and in some of them are always orbs. They are just a product of the lightening and have nothing to do with ghost or paranormal activity. That is...in my opinion.

What is it about lighting?

What type of camera was used with that shot?

So, Babs, your x-rays have orbs.... Spooky... grin2.gif

I have taken dozens of pictures in my life and in some of them are always orbs. They are just a product of the lightening and have nothing to do with ghost or paranormal activity. That is...in my opinion.

What the heck is 'lightening' anyhoo? wacko.gif

What type of camera was used with that shot?

I love your new avatar...makes me think of halloween. original.gif

I used a Samsung 35mm. film camera. Most of my photos are from the Samsung.

I didn't notice this, but when I put the picture of the barn mist on the net, it looks like the profile of a person.

Edited by Babs

I love your new avatar...makes me think of halloween. original.gif

I think that's about when I last used it. original.gif

I used a Samsung 35mm. film camera. Most of my photos are from the Samsung.

That's what I thought. I have onlt had effects like that with film. (I only have orbs with digital.) It may be an effect of the film emulsion, but it's the photo I like best out of them all. I can see a profile too.

Another mist, same camera. It was a wet and slightly rainy night, I think.