Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How would you feel about a human/ape hybrid ?

UM-Bot

Well, what is this article all about?

Is it pro trying to make a human-other primate cross?

Or is it just another of the many pro-abortion threads?

I suspect that it is just another in the pro-abortion threads, trying hard to justify abortion. It mentions that the human zygote has no nerve endings, etc. Absolutely true.

But, the human zygote can not grow into anything but a human being. It can not develop into a fish, or a chimp or a zebra. It can only become a human, or die in the attempt. So, what really is the point this author (and the person who put this on these boards) trying to make?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bearly

• Cradle of Fish

• Lt_Ripley

• Leah G.

ok.. several points I would like to raise. These are my opinion and I understand that people may not agree. (please dont shoot me)

I do think we are equel to animals in SOME ways but not all. We are more intelligent and I believe it is our duty to care an protect for all animals.

Dawkins is best ignored. he will go away if no-one listens.

I personaly would be against a hybrid. yes we are cloesly related but there is still a big difference between us and chimps Just because it can be done doesn't neccessaryly mean it should.

and finaly ab atempt to inject some humor..

hybrids already exist. I went to college with them. (a british college by the way. They liked to torture animals for fun and made life there very unpleasant)

Well, what is this article all about?

Is it pro trying to make a human-other primate cross?

Or is it just another of the many pro-abortion threads?

I suspect that it is just another in the pro-abortion threads, trying hard to justify abortion. It mentions that the human zygote has no nerve endings, etc. Absolutely true.

But, the human zygote can not grow into anything but a human being. It can not develop into a fish, or a chimp or a zebra. It can only become a human, or die in the attempt. So, what really is the point this author (and the person who put this on these boards) trying to make?

pro abortion ? how does one make that leap ? as for abortions. don't want one ? don't have one ,

Reason's against the "man-ape"

1. It would be an abomination.

2. If the chimera was capable of reasoning (much less living) how would it feel knowing it was produced by scientists who just wanted to show off that they could play God?

3. PETA and other animal right extremists would most likely retaliate with violence.

But this is just me.

1. how would it be an abomination? it would just be smarter than a chimp and dumber than most humans no big deal.

2. the scientists could just feed it some elaborate story to say how they found it and nursed it to health or something bs like that.

3. good than they can also use violence against PEDA and get rid of those useless douche bags

1. how would it be an abomination? it would just be smarter than a chimp and dumber than most humans no big deal.

2. the scientists could just feed it some elaborate story to say how they found it and nursed it to health or something bs like that.

3. good than they can also use violence against PEDA and get rid of those useless douche bags

1. After how many trys would you get a smarter than a normal chimp or human dumber than it's creator?

Not fair to the creatures that would be created, there are enough birth defects in the world and who's to say they wouldn't accidentally create a virus that could infect chimp and human. That is just the start of the nightmare seniario playing in my head.

2. If it has any intelligence if they do create the monster they wanted it will, on some level, know that it's different and getting poked and proded. What kind of quality of life is that?

3. PETA, is what you meant, I'm sure. Violence of any kind is horrible. PETA is an organization that protects animals from things like this and other terrible experiments.

We are supposed to be the shepards of the animals. The animals we eat should be treated kindly until a kind death. The whole idea, from what I gathered from the full article, is to create the missing link between humans and monkeys. If there is a missing link we will find it, let's not create it to prove the evolution of man. Maybe there is no missing link, maybe God created us to evolve the way we have and maybe not from monkeys.

How would I feel? Sick. About the human race. Stop playing God. You are not Gods. You are children.

People throw the term "playing God" around a lot. This is not playing God, this is playing nature and if you'll look you'll see we've been doing it for thousands of years. Playing God is using medicine to extend our lives past the natural twenty five or so years.

Don't mess with nature, we developed the way we did for a reason.

And Chimpanzee's are not sapient for a reason too, because our most recent common ancestor split into two groups. How does it make you feel to know that Chimpanzee's came so close to being sentient and sapient but missed out just because they moved east instead of west?

hasnt this story been posted before???

anyways hasnt someone tried that before???

and if they did do it what would be the point?

and he said they could also create a chimera.

so thats all hes doing is building monsters,just cause he can??

he might be an atheist, but i belive he sees himself as God.

(srry i put so many questions :blush: )

He does not, he's just posing the question which is absolutely legitimate. Professor Richard Dawkins is not a mad scientist by any means.

That is natural, it happens out in the paddock, not in viles in the lab.

And Humans and Chimpanzee's are closer than Horses and Donkeys. Putting two animals in a paddock is not natural, and how do you know a cross between a human and a chimp has never occured in our two hundred thousand year history? Sure, you see a Liger or a Tigon in a zoo and you think it's awesome that is but you picture a humanzee and that's somehow more unnatural and therefore more wrong than crossing a tiger and a lion who are seperated by half a continent.

OH my here we go PLANET OF THE APES. Oh I forgot we already have Democrats. :rofl:

I have been following this for sometime now and it is interesting topic.

I think the big Q is why monkeys are immune to our diseases. What we are doing is triggering Evolution an lil faster...But yea, we need no more wars or selfish slaughtering.

k first off:

1. primor your saying that if everyone where ape/human hybrids thered be no war???

2. Cradle of Fish, playing god and nature are pretty much the same things.

3.and i didnt call RD a mad scientist its just to me anyways that he seems alittle to high and might for himself.thats just my opinion

and the Biggest Question of them all is......

WHAT IS THE POINT?!?!?!??!?!??!?!

Maybe we figured our evolution wrong. We're evolving alright, only back to front?

And man created ape in his own image... :rofl::lol::rofl:

linked-image

EVOLUTION-NOITULOVE

linked-image

''GRRRRRRRR!''

linked-image

linked-image

Edited by REBEL

I have been following this for sometime now and it is interesting topic.

I think the big Q is why monkeys are immune to our diseases. What we are doing is triggering Evolution an lil faster...But yea, we need no more wars or selfish slaughtering.

Monkeys, apes and other animals are immune to some of our diseases not all. Those they are immune too is normally due to differences of receptor mediated pathogenesis. Basically the "key" doesn't fit the "lock".

k first off:

1. primor your saying that if everyone where ape/human hybrids thered be no war???

3.and i didnt call RD a mad scientist its just to me anyways that he seems alittle to high and might for himself.thats just my opinion

It would provide great insight into development, evolution and genetics.

The very Idea makes me uncomfortable

Thanks

B???

If they're the same thing, then we as a species have been playing God for thousands of years. Whats the difference between breeding the best cattle we can and genetically modifying the best cattle we can? Just large amounts of time. If you're so afraid of playing God, then why would you use contraception, take medicine when you were ill, or look both ways before crossing the road?

Also, if you read the article you woulda seen that Richard Dawkins isn't actually suggesting it, he is just answering the question "what would change the world?" Well one of those four things would change the world forever.

If someone had sex with a chimp and there was offspring from this act, that would revolt most normal people, and such an act is illegal (I think). So why does performing this act in a test tube appeal to some people?

If someone had sex with a chimp and there was offspring from this act, that would revolt most normal people, and such an act is illegal (I think). So why does performing this act in a test tube appeal to some people?

Good point.

However, experiments with animals revolts me, genetic modification revolted me, cloning revolted me, all kinds of stuff - but they seem to be doing it anyway :(

so... I think if they did it... we just needed time to get used to it...

one can get used to all kinds of sick stuff and take it as normal...

3. PETA, is what you meant, I'm sure. Violence of any kind is horrible. PETA is an organization that protects animals from things like this and other terrible experiments.

off topic: when i read that i laughed so hard snice when does Peta protect/save animals oh right never

ontopic im all for stem cell research as you know it could save a lot of people (and animals for that matter) lives but trying to create a hybrid of a chimp/human might be going a bit to far in my books

While I don't know if this would be the right way to go about it, having another sentient species on the planet would do wonders for the overblown ego of Mankind.

• 3 years later...

A hybrid chimpanzee-human would be very useful--perhaps to bridge the gap humans have dug between themselves and their furry brothers. Chimpanzees are of equal sapience and intelligence to us: would a human-chimpanzee hybrid therefore be superior to both?