Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Most Spiritual Experience

Rosewin

Have you ever felt connected to God, the Source, the Universe, the World, others? Please share your many spiritual experiences in 140 words or less to keep it from being tl;dr. They do not necessarily have to happen at church or in nature. They can occur alone or because of someone else.

There was lots of excitement, the music was in overtime, the preaching had slipped into praise and worship, people were singing and praying out loud. I was dancing calling out to my God, experiencing God, being in the presence of God. My spirit was connected. I gave my heart to God and my spirit sand with joy of my own and words not my own.

I got what some may call skitzophrenia...i call it demonic oppression. Anyway, I had been hearing voices for a long time, and I was being tormented..i could not get them to go away. I slept alot and I hated waking up because it was the beginning of 12 more aganizing hrs before I went to sleep again. Early one morning, In my ear I heard a humming sound and I saw alot of differnt colors or immages in my mind I also felt a pulling sinsation like someone was pulling stuff from my brain. The more awake I became the more I realized what was actually taking place. The humming sound turned out to be angels singing. It was absolutly perfect. Jesus was sitting on the bed next to me, he was pulling a bunch of bad stuff out of my over exausted brain.

I have had other things more intament than that experiance.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kazahel

• Dr. Peter Venkman

• WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

• Enigmatic Annasawzi

I got what some may call skitzophrenia...i call it demonic oppression.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

5 years back going through the lowest most depressing period of my life i opened up carl sagans cosmos series ....and well.. have not looked at the universe in the same way ever since.

My 21st birthday party. All were happy and celebrating, except one young woman who appeared distressed. She walked out into our back yard, and i followed , to find her sitting on a swing under a large pepper tree. In dappled shadow she looked up at me, golden yellow hair cascading down over her shoulders and lifting gently in the cool breeze. Her face, like helen of troys or guineveres, contained within it the embodiment of perfection. Moist eyes glanced up at me, with a questioning gaze, and contained within them i could see a world of hurt and pain. Like the young don corleone, at that moment i was struck by a thunderbolt, and my life was changed irrevocably.

You should write a book. Your are an awsome writer.

-Katy

My Most Spiritual Experience?

When I realized I did not believe in god.

I had never felt so free, happy, and at peace with myself, and the universe as I did on that day.

My most spiritual experiences have probably been during dreams. I have spiritual moments all the time but my most symbolic visual ones are in dreams.

One of my main dreams like that was when I dreamt I was taken to a very large lion that was sitting in the clouds under a wonderful rainbow. It was a glorious scene and reminded me of tibetan style. The lion was sitting in a sphinx position and it was the biggest lion you would ever see. He had a slightly more human face though like His forhead was larger or something. He just stared at me with this look like He was sussing me out as I was being floated towards Him. So I didnt try walk or anything, I was just spining out on what I was seeing to think of going anywhere else. Anyway because I couldnt control my walking(He was).. right when I was about to bump into His nose I thought to myself.. " This is a lion and I'm about to bump right into His nose. I hope He doesnt mind." (so I wasnt scared) But by the time I had thought that I found myself passing through Him like He was a hologram. It was trippy and I wasnt lucid in the dream at all I just flowed with it.

Anyway so I was then standing inside this lion under a rainbow in the clouds. I was standing so my feet were where His front paws would be so my body went through His head which was where my chest was ruffly. Anyway I was amazed that I was standing in this image of a lion(hologram thing) and I went to feel it with my hands and when I raised them to feel the image it disturbed the image and it all broke apart very quickly into sand. The rainbow broke apart too and then I was standing inside a sand storm.. like in the middle of a willy willy and the sand was flying all around me so I couldnt really see through it. Anyway as I was looking around at the sand I noticed a large green python slithering down my right arm. It started near my shoulder and as it wriggled down my arm it buried itself into my skin like a snake buring into sand.

So it was like my skin was sand and the green python slithered down into it and it was the most wonderful feeling.. it was a feeling of love and like the python loved me heaps and it made me really happy. Anyway its head reached my hand and it was like its head buried into it so that you coud see its eyes from the back of your hand. Its eyes were of love. So it looked like my hand was the head of the python.. so if you close all your fingers together and look at the back of your hand you can see the python. Anyway when it slithered down my arm it left a green tattoo which went fully down that arm. It was like having snake skin and I noticed on my elbow a yellow star which I think was like the one in my sigy but it couldve been an 8 pointer.. I was never fully sure. I think it was seven but I'm not 100% on that.

Anyway then I noticed my left arm and I saw a large red python slithering down it the same as the other did, all the way down to my hand again. It gave the same feeling and it was really cool.. it was like I was given two best friends. Anyway it sunk in like my skin was sand and it left a red tattoo like snake skin fully down that arm except there was no star or anything on that side. It was just plain red with black lines. While the other side was green with black lines and a star.

And yeah after that I just stood there checking out my tattoos which came from the lion and the rainbow. They were more oily or something though.. like oil paints and very rich in colour. I think maybe they mustve been rainbow serpents or something like that. Which is trippy because that is a part of the land where I live but I never thought about them and its not something they taught us in school. Anotherwords I wasnt interested or knew anything about rainbow serpents until after I dreamt this dream. I only found about them because I googled rainbow and serpent in the same search. I didnt think to look up rainbow serpents you know.

Anyway it was pretty cool... it felt like I met God again but this time He was in lion form and had the rainbow with Him.

Edited by Kazahel

I might add another experience which felt quite spiritual..

I call it.. First Contact, And I will just type it straight out from a magick diary I have(like a dream diary). I wrote it down the morning after my experience on the 14th of March 2001. I might add extra explanations in though (..)

After waiting to go lucid so I could try my first evocation, I had some luck. I went lucid and just had the black screen thing, which is when you close your eyes in a dream. So I called for Aral but said Ariel instead. I drew the sign for Aral while saying Ariel which was wrong but I felt a presence and realised someone was holding my wrist which was getting tighter and tighter so I said "ok I know you there, can you help me with what I wish to know?" Instantly I was in the bathroom looking in the mirror at the reflection of someone else. He had a greyish blueish robe with a tiny grey hat. Mostly I noticed a large dark blue aura around his head with his eyes hollowed by the aura as well. The aura went out of his eyes which showed many tiny spots below his eyes. (so he had no eyeballs, only blue light coming through them)

I got a hell of a shock and in a way he looked evil because of his eyes. I then went to talk and when I did, it was like I had 100 voices in my voice. This scared me quite a lot because I thought that it was in me, which it could of been, I dont know? I think it realised this because I instantly went back to the bedroom and found myself floating above the foot of the bed. I was having my first astral travel! (it was on my mind when I asked him to help me.. was like my goal) I was spinning out of control, head over heels after I was basically shaken into awareness. So I chose to rise up like christ(cross position) to stop myself from spinning.

Then I reached the roof with my head but didnt go any higher. I then span over to the corner of the room and fell through the wall and watched as I span to the ground head first. I knew the ground was wet too! I then had like two different kinds of view. One was like seeing the sun through trees while the other was like a bar or something which I was holding onto and pulling myself up with. I think it might of been the railing on the outside stairs but I dont know for sure.

*I forgot to add that after I found the railing or whatever it was, I found myself floating above the dining room table in a cross legged position. I tried to throw fire balls from my hands but had no luck.

* I also think the robe was more like a kimono, with a yellow sash I think.

So yeah that was another dream where I felt like I was staring at the.. thunder of God.. like looking into the eyes of electricity and feeling all that power coming from them.

I will post one more if I may because really this is a trilogy. The first post I made above(lion rainbow)is actually the end though(that dream/vision was in about late 2005 I think), so this one is in the middle.

I call it.. Mexican Walking Fish... and its straight from the diary I kept.

1st April 2001.

I went lucid and I was at home. I was outside so I flew through a wall for a quick thrill. Then I began to call for Ariel. It is strange to call while lucid. I run out of breath and I find it hard to pronounciate. I said Ariel a few more times, each time consentrating on how to voice it fully with no breaks. Then I said it in a very strange way, almost unspeakable but do-able. It was like I rolled the 'r' or something. Anyway I then found myself to be sitting infront of a large retangle mirror which was surrounded in a red glow from the room.

On the floor was a round altar of some sort with engraving of symbols. So I called again and out crawled(from the mirror) a green mexican walking fish. I freaked out and through "I'm outta here" so I turned to go. It then turned red and kinda fanned out its head like a frilled neck lizard. So I flew over the fence and down over the ocean. It was like I had jumped out from a castle which was on a cliff near the ocean, so when I flew I jumped over the cliff edge and flew down over the shore/ocean.

When I turned to see it it was much bigger and still growing. In my heart I knew it was growing after me.

So yeah the red/green seemed to of caught up with me over time. I never gave this dream much thought though and I had forgotten about it till more recently. So when I noticed the same colours years later I spunout.

*edit* I should actually explain the ending more though.. when I flew off it followed me and it grew like a large snake like thing the size of a dragon. So I was flying away from it because I set it free. Mexican walking fish dragon thing.

Edited by Kazahel

I might add another experience which felt quite spiritual..

I call it.. First Contact, And I will just type it straight out from a magick diary I have(like a dream diary). I wrote it down the morning after my experience on the 14th of March 2001. I might add extra explanations in though (..)

After waiting to go lucid so I could try my first evocation, I had some luck. I went lucid and just had the black screen thing, which is when you close your eyes in a dream. So I called for Aral but said Ariel instead. I drew the sign for Aral while saying Ariel which was wrong but I felt a presence and realised someone was holding my wrist which was getting tighter and tighter so I said "ok I know you there, can you help me with what I wish to know?" Instantly I was in the bathroom looking in the mirror at the reflection of someone else. He had a greyish blueish robe with a tiny grey hat. Mostly I noticed a large dark blue aura around his head with his eyes hollowed by the aura as well. The aura went out of his eyes which showed many tiny spots below his eyes. (so he had no eyeballs, only blue light coming through them)

I got a hell of a shock and in a way he looked evil because of his eyes. I then went to talk and when I did, it was like I had 100 voices in my voice. This scared me quite a lot because I thought that it was in me, which it could of been, I dont know? I think it realised this because I instantly went back to the bedroom and found myself floating above the foot of the bed. I was having my first astral travel! (it was on my mind when I asked him to help me.. was like my goal) I was spinning out of control, head over heels after I was basically shaken into awareness. So I chose to rise up like christ(cross position) to stop myself from spinning.

Then I reached the roof with my head but didnt go any higher. I then span over to the corner of the room and fell through the wall and watched as I span to the ground head first. I knew the ground was wet too! I then had like two different kinds of view. One was like seeing the sun through trees while the other was like a bar or something which I was holding onto and pulling myself up with. I think it might of been the railing on the outside stairs but I dont know for sure.

*I forgot to add that after I found the railing or whatever it was, I found myself floating above the dining room table in a cross legged position. I tried to throw fire balls from my hands but had no luck.

* I also think the robe was more like a kimono, with a yellow sash I think.

So yeah that was another dream where I felt like I was staring at the.. thunder of God.. like looking into the eyes of electricity and feeling all that power coming from them.

I always thought Ariel looked more like this...

linked-image

I'm just bustin' on ya. Your experiences are quite cool, and seem to have been very real for you. I used to trip alot as a teen. I would say i've had some similar experiences, but I attributed them to the um...Scooby Snacks.. if you will.

I'm just bustin' on ya. Your experiences are quite cool, and seem to have been very real for you. I used to trip alot as a teen. I would say i've had some similar experiences, but I attributed them to the um...Scooby Snacks.. if you will.

hehe thanks.

I wasnt on anything when I dreamed the last two I posted though, and the third(the first post) I only smoked you know.. I use lingo like 'trip' and 'spinout' just as different lingo for 'cool/amazing experience'. The summoning(calling)dreams I was completely straight because I was having a son(my wife was pregnant so I quit all drugs).. so my son was born a few months after the mexican walking fish dream. So I was actually the straightest I had been for ages. Thats why I dreamt(went lucid) really well back then because usually I dont dream as good if I even smoke..

And yeah they were very real. To me dragons(I'm guessing it was a dragon from the look of it) are not like western version.. they are like chinese/mexican looking.. I mean it had a frilled neck which it used and scared me off.. And I was fully lucid and I still flew away from it you know.. (rare that happens for me)

So yeah, real enough for me to fly away. He was annoyed I had woken him... but now we're.. best friends. :)

Edited by Kazahel

hehe thanks.

I wasnt on anything when I dreamed the last two I posted though, and the third(the first post) I only smoked you know.. I use lingo like 'trip' and 'spinout' just as different lingo for 'cool/amazing experience'. The summoning(calling)dreams I was completely straight because I was having a son(my wife was pregnant so I quit all drugs).. so my son was born a few months after the mexican walking fish dream. So I was actually the straightest I had been for ages. Thats why I dreamt(went lucid) really well back then because usually I dont dream as good if I even smoke..

And yeah they were very real. To me dragons(I'm guessing it was a dragon from the look of it) are not like western version.. they are like chinese/mexican looking.. I mean it had a frilled neck which it used and scared me off.. And I was fully lucid and I still flew away from it you know.. (rare that happens for me)

So yeah, real enough for me to fly away. He was annoyed I had woken him... but now we're.. best friends. :)

My similar experiences came from, what I assume to be, a dream like state when the acid had just worn off enough for me to fall asleep. Pretty groovy, although yours seem to have a heck of alot more meaning. I was a stupid kid who was waaaaay to into the Doors.

Edited by Dr. Peter Venkman

• 2 weeks later...

Lets just say I took a religious exercise a little too far. But what I can tell you is that it makes a great avatar doesn't it? :innocent:post-23267-1233639763_thumb.jpg

Edited by ntech

I will post one more if I may because really this is a trilogy. The first post I made above(lion rainbow)is actually the end though(that dream/vision was in about late 2005 I think), so this one is in the middle.

I call it.. Mexican Walking Fish... and its straight from the diary I kept.

1st April 2001.

I went lucid and I was at home. I was outside so I flew through a wall for a quick thrill. Then I began to call for Ariel. It is strange to call while lucid. I run out of breath and I find it hard to pronounciate. I said Ariel a few more times, each time consentrating on how to voice it fully with no breaks. Then I said it in a very strange way, almost unspeakable but do-able. It was like I rolled the 'r' or something. Anyway I then found myself to be sitting infront of a large retangle mirror which was surrounded in a red glow from the room.

On the floor was a round altar of some sort with engraving of symbols. So I called again and out crawled(from the mirror) a green mexican walking fish. I freaked out and through "I'm outta here" so I turned to go. It then turned red and kinda fanned out its head like a frilled neck lizard. So I flew over the fence and down over the ocean. It was like I had jumped out from a castle which was on a cliff near the ocean, so when I flew I jumped over the cliff edge and flew down over the shore/ocean.

When I turned to see it it was much bigger and still growing. In my heart I knew it was growing after me.

So yeah the red/green seemed to of caught up with me over time. I never gave this dream much thought though and I had forgotten about it till more recently. So when I noticed the same colours years later I spunout.

*edit* I should actually explain the ending more though.. when I flew off it followed me and it grew like a large snake like thing the size of a dragon. So I was flying away from it because I set it free. Mexican walking fish dragon thing.

You are Fortunate, I had to hush the dragon, so he did not get out and destroy all that I love, and Fight the snake, When the snake battle went in to the sky and I was slammed back to earth He coiled around me and I Lost. Hard letting go.

Hushing The dragon was the scariest thing I think I have ever done.

Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka

You are Fortunate, I had to hush the dragon, so he did not get out and destroy all that I love, and Fight the snake, When the snake battle went in to the sky and I was slammed back to earth He coiled around me and I Lost. Hard letting go.

Hushing The dragon was the scariest thing I think I have ever done.

Love Omnaka

The dragon is a good thing not a bad thing though. And if he can destroy the things you love then your love was misplaced.

Also I forget to ask some things if its ok.. Omnaka..

Why am I fortunate exactly?

And how come you think its the same dragon?

Also how come you think he would destroy all you love? Why would you think such things?

I mean the way I read it is you have basically said or made out that my dragon is a destroyer of love. Which is just not true.

Like do you think all dragons are destroyers of love and if so what about Quetzalcoatl?

Edited by Kazahel

Hey... omnaka... I was wondering about these questions above that I asked you the other day that you happened to miss again. :)

Maybe you could share more of your personal experience, instead of just commenting on mine?..

Edited by Kazahel