Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

collapse through perfection

jay123

Lets say tomorrow, all educations systems throughout the world were tuned to perfection. People had learned the secrets of inner happyness, people lived longer and happier lives.

What would happen to the world, who would do monotomous manual labour tasks? who would clean the streets?

What im getting at is, is the govournment and socioty as whole reliant on ill-informed or the less educated?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carrot sprite

• jay123

• soleil_nuit

• chocolatedog

I truly think that the people at the top of the "food chain" need the people at the bottom of the "food chain" to have a lack of education - it disempowers people and forces them into a position where they accept submission and focus on abstract ideas and disinformation, rather than focusing on what the "real issues" are.

People in the West have always made the claim that communist and fascist countries are run with propaganda (I AM NEITHER C nor F, so don't go there!) - but the West is run using propaganda as well...it is just covered up better. To avoid using the word propaganda in relation to the West, historians call propaganda when used in the West, 'soft power'.

I read somewhere once that during the height of the cold war, while the US was railing against the soviet propaganda machine and praising independence of news in the US, we have found out since, through FOIA that during the very same period, 70% of news journalists and editors in the US were working for the CIA - either as agents or informants. Which is pretty damned close to having a state-run propaganda machine! (Found this out through my university history course, if you want sources i will try to find them for you). There was some articles more recently that claimed that the military was sending officers to work at CNN during the Iraq war. The military and CNN didnt deny the claims, rather they defended the relationship. (Again, if you want sources i will try to find. I think that the journalist reporting this only found out about the relationship after it had ended).

Now I have to put my 2 cents worth in (which probably wont be popular! :cry: )

The disinformation that is relied on by those in power makes me worry about what is written in these forums sometimes. I feel that for many, these ideas about a hollow earth, secret reptilian governments, anti-NASA scientist conspiracies and anti-evolution crusades are DISTRACTIONS from reality - which is exactly what the people at the top of the food chain want. Disinformation and paranoia breeds an atmosphere where people can deny many obvious facts and feel righteous about challenging them, while real pressing issues go unchallenged and ignored or accepted as inevitable.

But I guess everyone (including me!) needs to try to make some things more mysterious/magical/exciting/complicated than they are when the world can seem like such a crazy place.

2 cents finished, now brace for attack! :huh::innocent:

Edited by chocolatedog

I do believe that those who control, manipulate the human society are very much against people thinking for themselves, finding inner peace and most of all enlightenment..

Very Western, this type of thinking. That the only way for a person to be in power is for another to be disempowered.

It reminds me of an old Buddhist story. A visitor at a temple was talking to one of the monks. He asked him what he did at the temple. The monk replied,

"I chop wood, and carry water."

So the visitor asked,

"Are you looking for enlightenment?

The monk replied,

"I achieved enlightenment three years ago."

The visitor, surprise on his face, asked what the monk did now. With a smile, the monk replied,

Very Western, this type of thinking. That the only way for a person to be in power is for another to be disempowered.

It reminds me of an old Buddhist story. A visitor at a temple was talking to one of the monks. He asked him what he did at the temple. The monk replied,

So the visitor asked,

"Are you looking for enlightenment?

The monk replied,

"I achieved enlightenment three years ago."

The visitor, surprise on his face, asked what the monk did now. With a smile, the monk replied,

Buddhism seems to me like accepting defeat. That is important, it is definitely not EVERYTHING though.

Lets say tomorrow, all educations systems throughout the world were tuned to perfection. People had learned the secrets of inner happyness, people lived longer and happier lives.

What would happen to the world, who would do monotomous manual labour tasks? who would clean the streets?

What im getting at is, is the govournment and socioty as whole reliant on ill-informed or the less educated?

As per the buddhist monk tale, a highly educated person could be perfectly happy with repetitive labour if they're the type who feels it frees their minds up whilst their hands are busy. I've known several such people myself. In this perfect world, those people would do the manual tasks whilst the differently motivated would do the other tasks.

Or, if everyone were sufficiently educated, people would know the manual work would have to be done so even if no-one wanted to do it, society would see the sense in a time share of such tasks. Ideally.

Society would not collapse with a perfect education system, it would just make pub conversations more interesting with less bottlings to emphasise points.

That is an ideal of course. In reality, it's very handy to have the socially downtrodden to shovel the poop and do the low-wage, low prestige jobs. Its also handy to have them feel removed from and resentful of the area of society whose poop they're shovelling because they'll find their own motivations and rewards outside of this system, namely the pub, their mates, their family, criminal activity, early deaths from heart disease etc.

Education already is perfect

However teacher is very random and we never know what the next test will be on.

But we do know those who fail die.

What class do you think teacher is in charge of?