Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New servers

Saru

We currently have a pair of brand new Intel Quad Core servers on order to help resolve a lot of the performance issues we're currently experiencing, in particular with our database server. The new servers will address the periods of high load, slowness and lag that we've been seeing.

The servers should be going up this coming week and we'll be making the switch soon afterwards.

I'll post a further notice prior to the switch to let everyone know when this will be happening.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• theSOURCE

• zandore

• thefinalfrontier

Not that things are horrible now, but congrats. Can't wait to see the improved performance. :tu:

Not that things are horrible now, but congrats. Can't wait to see the improved performance. :tu:

speaking of computer stuff, you should show Saru the monitor you found on New Egg. :lol: Im still laughing at that, my IT guy got huge kick out of that too.

Bet that cost a bit...

We currently have a pair of brand new Intel Quad Core servers on order to help resolve a lot of the performance issues we're currently experiencing, in particular with our database server. The new servers will address the periods of high load, slowness and lag that we've been seeing.

w00t!!!

That's excellent news. Saru :tu:

Way to go Sura, there were times I had to wait to flap my gums, now I can flap em none stop lol Awsome news :tu:

speaking of computer stuff, you should show Saru the monitor you found on New Egg. :lol: Im still laughing at that, my IT guy got huge kick out of that too.

:lol: "I wish it were heavier so I could kill someone with it" :rofl:

:lol: "I wish it were heavier so I could kill someone with it" :rofl:

LOL - you've seen it.

Here's the link Saru, you might want to consider a few of these to go along with your new improved servers. The reviews on this are incredible :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160129 ://http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16824160129

Well I would go for those but I was holding on for the new AOC CT700H model. :P

This is good. Are these the ones that come with anti-gravity units?

Yes, in the event of an alien attack these will lift off and continue to operate while hovering at a safe height.

Just curious: What OS do the forums run on? My Server Spy firefox addon tells me it uses the Apache webserver, but it doesn't list the OS.

Cheers,

SQLserver

We use the Linux operating system on all our servers.

This is really good news Saru, I'm sure we all are going to be very thankful once this is up and running.... :yes:

once i get my virgin im gonna have so much more fun :D

Edited by chemical-licker

Yes, in the event of an alien attack these will lift off and continue to operate while hovering at a safe height.
Do they have wireless power cords? Or are they solar powered? :innocent:

Karlis

They come with microfusion generators. :P

And here I thought my computer was causing the sluggishness, I have found that sometimes it can take up to 3 minutes to change a page or I get a server not available message,, Im happy to hear of this,

Thanks Saru;

Regards;

TFF

Just a note to add that the new servers are still coming, however due to a networking issue it might take a little longer than expected before we can move the site over. Our service provider's technical guys are currently working on the problem.

Update

The server move will likely take place tomorrow, there will be a short period of downtime while this happens however this should be for no more than an hour. During this time the forum will be inaccessable however the site will still be up.

No UM for an hour? :blink:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Must...be...calm...

Must...take...hold...of...senses...

OMG! This is going to be harder that quilting smoking! :(

:P

The server move was initiated this morning however following a long series of issues with the database i've had to restore the existing set up until these can be resolved.

More to follow.