Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would Obama still be president....

Godsnmbr1

To me election is all setup..

Once robert kennedy said there will be a black president within 40 years and that was said back in 70s....

This tells me that JFK knew something about the future and tried to expose the truth to public...This things got him killed...

JFK or RK? I guess it doesn't really matter, they both got killed. Are you refering o some vast conspiracy within our society? Are you saying everything is planned out by shadowy power figures? DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN!!! It was Dick Cheney in the oval office with the candlestick!!!

Edited by Dr. Peter Venkman

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Peter Venkman

• Kevin7557

• Repoman

• Godsnmbr1

wow, thats the first time i've ever been accused of sexism! that's a first for me my friend.

Context my friend context. Of course she would have done just as well. Same for Obama. I was offering a further example of how foolish this form of reasoning is. Race and sex had nothing to do with it imho. The people voted for the better candidate.

Are you insane or just extremely naive?

Race and sex had nothing to do with it... Come on.

It's "buck" stops here. I actually spent alot of time deciding between which candidate I was going to vote for, and was involved in both campaigns until Palin was announced. Bottom line, I used to like John McCain, he changed everything he stood for to win that nomination. i feel obama's policies will be more effective. as far as the bail out is concerned... You don't reward p*** poor business ethics with cash. I agree with you. Those clowns should have been made to re-negotiate the bad mortgages they sold... within limits of course. that way, they take a financial hit, but money is still coming in to the bank. The system doesn't break.

As far as Obama's 1st term. Lets see what he does. He already issued an executive order to close gitmo. he's introduced lobbying reform to the white house, it neds to spread to the congress and senate now. I think he's on the right path.

Thanks for the correction. I disliked Palin. That bridge to nowhere wasn't a bridge to nowhere. It was an important bridge promised to this town they built an airport in so they could get to the airport easier and expand their town cause they were in this narrow place cause mountains were on three sides of it and the island had room for developement. I didn't like Obama at all but now he is acting more sencible and not sticking with that crap he isn't such a bad guy.

Please we are more intelegent then to just let someone like Kenedy blert something out like that.....I mean um.......You all read nothing. LOL JK. But no RK was killed by the CIA for planning to open an investigation into his brothers death. They used hypnotic brainwashing on that one person and then there were those other two. They destroyed (the police) 2 roles of film that they confiscated from this one guy. They so did it. Busted. They are supposed to release the what really happened thing soon I think but considering Roswell I am not hopeful.

actually if you look a the current situation of things that statement holds true and it is directed at one color but a general observation of a perticular class of people. Along with the previous statement toward the other side eliminates the racist potential of the statement, which would and will only be considered racist if taken out of context which just means the person doing it is an idiot for not taking in the whole message and choosing to only take in small sections of it. IE the plane can't fly without all the parts and nether can you get it if you don't have them all ether. Thus the end statement is, before you call something else racist statement check the whole statement which would have shown you that is is a general statement of all people involved in the problem and just one half. IE it is not racist listen to the whole thing and do not take parts out of it. Thankyou.

Okay, since you're somehow having a problem understanding this let me rephrase your statement using only its most crucial parts.

Blacks are more racist than the KKK.

Do you see it now? I really really hope so. Maybe you're dyslexic and you don't realize what it is you've actually written, I don't know.

Okay, I'm starting to get the full picture Kevin and I'm doubting I'll be getting through, eh?

Okay, since you're somehow having a problem understanding this let me rephrase your statement using only its most crucial parts.

Blacks are more racist than the KKK.

Do you see it now? I really really hope so. Maybe you're dyslexic and you don't realize what it is you've actually written, I don't know.

only when you take it out of context. Many things sound bad like that when taken out of context. Like if I were to give a paragraph and in there say something about me killing obama and it was taken out of context it would look like I said I am going to kill obama when in context it is I will never say something as stupid as I am going to kill obama. See the difference.

Yes I realize what I have written I wrote it. In context it pionts out the fact that both sides have the problem and that they are more racist than the KKK. And in ways they are. They don't go to anti white rallies but they have their own type of racism. It is the state of things. You should check out my solution to racism thread and you will relise I can say things that are like that with no hate cause I will not give these words negative meanings, you know like you seem to be doing by attempting to point out that by saying that I am no better than the people I am talking about while at the same time I not realising that I never claim to be. Which really is the hinderence to your whole argument you are trying to make by pointing out what you are pointing out but unfortunatly you are taking things out of context which twists their meanings. They breed more racism than any other race on this planet. Point blank. I will defend that argument when I am not tired.

What context?! Go look at what you wrote and then show me this magical context that somehow changes the meaning of what you wrote.

I disagree. I voted as much against McCain as I did for Obama.

I say that this whole race/creed/gender/class thing has gotten WAY OUT OF HAND! People need to grow up and understand that anyone can do anything. no matter who they are and how they get there. if it's doing the right thing (no matter if it's in their eyes or our's) then I say that it's all well worth it. He's the president now, so get over it and let's see what this guy can and can not do. Just one man's opinion, I don't care if you hate me for this comment or not, just figured i'd be honest and speak the truth from my heart.

Are you insane or just extremely naive?

Race and sex had nothing to do with it... Come on.

Watch it with the name calling. I did no such thing to you. When I make a statement on here 9 times out of 10 it isn't a complete statement. It is meant to make the reader ponder it more deeply. #1, I was speaking about the democratic nomination, not the entire race. I appologize if that wasn't clear. I say again... Race and gender had no effect. Ponder it for a while.

What context?! Go look at what you wrote and then show me this magical context that somehow changes the meaning of what you wrote.

You know it is statements like that that promote the current racial problem in america as you can not see yourself a human being but rather as a white person. And yes blacks have the same problem even though most claim to want to end racism they are more racist then the KKK. You can disagree all you want that doesn't make it untrue. But I am not going to prattle on about racism as that would need a different thread.

As you can see in green I am pointing out the white aspect of it. Then in Red I point out that it is just as prevalant in the black community. Together it is pointing out a general realm of problem and not singleing out blacks as the only sourse. Though I should have include more on whites the statement stands. Racism has many different faces and many different flavors. You have you garden variety pure hate that everyone is aware. Then there is the fuel of racism which you are all guilty of. We can't say that cause it offends. Why not? freedom of speech revoked lately and I just wasn't informed of the constitutional change? The freedom of speech gives you the right to say whatever dumb *** thing that comes into mind no matter who it offends. That is you first basic freedom and a freedom that they considered so great they put it in the constituion first. Now don't forget that. Most if not all black people give power to the N word. That is a form of racism. You see words by themselves are just that words. No meaning no purpose, no power. We the people choose to give them power and that is the true problem of racsim is that we give the power to the racists. When you can say any racist statement and it leaves your lips with no more power than that of which you give it then you are free of racism. Till then you are no better. It is this problem which has gone unaddressed for so long that needs to be dealt with to finaly end racism. Now if you don't agree fine. Go back to being a racist. How many of you have actually defined the N word to give it specific meaning? And yet no one will say it cause blacks don't like it cause then you will be called a racist or ignorant for saying a word they don't like. No it is them who is racist and ignorant for giving power to a word or symbol of hatred. It is time to take it back and reclaim your power of words and to end racism once and for all. Cause a fire by itself will only burn itself out and that is the same with hatred. I think Martin Luther had something like that about kindness or someone like him I can't remember who it was about niceness is the way to be evil or something like that.

When you can say any racist statement and it leaves your lips with no more power than that of which you give it then you are free of racism.

You're not doing it right.

He wouldn't have won. People putting some much emphasis on "Obama is the first black president" instead of "Obama is the next president" proves that.

He wouldn't have won. People putting some much emphasis on "Obama is the first black president" instead of "Obama is the next president" proves that.

It proves nothing. All it proves is that people are excited that we elected a black president. Just as they would have been excited if we elected a preident with a female vice president.

It proves nothing. All it proves is that people are excited that we elected a black president. Just as they would have been excited if we elected a preident with a female vice president.

There should be no emphasis on race at all in any form. Just saying that his presidency is historic, as many have, is racism in itself. If there is to be a world devoid of racism, then people must not classify themselves as white, black, or anything else. To be without racism, one must only see people, not color. To see Obama as anything other than "President" is racist.

Edited by Knight of the Twilight

There should be no emphasis on race at all in any form. Just saying that his presidency is historic, as many have, is racism in itself. If there is to be a world devoid of racism, then people must not classify themselves as white, black, or anything else. To be without racism, one must only see people, not color. To see Obama as anything other than "President" is racist.

No, you are incorect. To not "see race" is impossible, unless you are Steven Colbert. :P The key is to respect that person and admire them because of their race, nationality or whatever. If someone feels disparaged because others are excited due to the accomplishments of a person of a different race than their own, that's their own personal issue. And indeed may be construed as racist from a certain point of view.

No, you are incorect. To not "see race" is impossible, unless you are Steven Colbert. :P The key is to respect that person and admire them because of their race, nationality or whatever. If someone feels disparaged because others are excited due to the accomplishments of a person of a different race than their own, that's their own personal issue. And indeed may be construed as racist from a certain point of view.

Heh, I can see this is something we won't agree, so I'll end here and leave my words as they are.

You are choosing to ignore the huge number of voters who only voted for him based on his race.

Heh, I can see this is something we won't agree, so I'll end here and leave my words as they are.

Agreed! How bout' them bea......steelers

You are choosing to ignore the huge number of voters who only voted for him based on his race.

And you are choosing to ignore the huge number of people who didn't vote for him based upon his race. Which does what to the race issue in this election?.....negates it. DUN DUN DUUUUNNN. understand?

You're not doing it right.

Says you. I hold no value to the words. I say them with a different meaning. Words are words. It is sentenses which should matter but you can't see that cause you are a racist.

Thankyou. Thankyou. Finally someone freaking gets it.

People should notice race but it should matter. We are the Human Race. But no one is perfect.

I don't see race. Must be racist. I took a long look at a black person to see the difference that people put so much emphasis on. You want to know what I saw. Another human being much like myself whos skin was darker than mine. That was it. He was the same.

Black people are not a race nether are white. Technically if they are to be called a race it would be american. It is those who would point out our differences who are the true racists in this world. Black are no different then white people in anyway that has to do with their color. If you can't see that then that is truely sad that you are so blind. I hope one day you will open your eyes.

And you are choosing to ignore the huge number of people who didn't vote for him based upon his race. Which does what to the race issue in this election?.....negates it. DUN DUN DUUUUNNN. understand?

That is an emotional response that can't be backed.

Negates, nothing.

Says you. I hold no value to the words. I say them with a different meaning. Words are words. It is sentenses which should matter but you can't see that cause you are a racist.

Thankyou. Thankyou. Finally someone freaking gets it.

People should notice race but it should matter. We are the Human Race. But no one is perfect.

I don't see race. Must be racist. I took a long look at a black person to see the difference that people put so much emphasis on. You want to know what I saw. Another human being much like myself whos skin was darker than mine. That was it. He was the same.

Black people are not a race nether are white. Technically if they are to be called a race it would be american. It is those who would point out our differences who are the true racists in this world. Black are no different then white people in anyway that has to do with their color. If you can't see that then that is truely sad that you are so blind. I hope one day you will open your eyes.

No... American is a nationality... You have to understand that yes, we are all humans, when taken at face value. However, there are many different cultures as well as races within our own nation. To strip someone of their racial and cultural heritage is to belittle them. As far as your supposed ability to not see race is concerned Why are you upset that people are refering to President Obama as the first black president then? Why are you worried about him recieving votes just because he was black? I thought you didn't see race? You need to open your eyes son. Maybe go out and gain some world experience. Join the military, go to college, I dunno. Interact with people of different race and cultures rather than make a bunch of wild suppositions.

That is an emotional response that can't be backed.

Negates, nothing.

Oh boy, let us examine our discussion. You stated as fact that I am ignoring the "huge number of people that voted for him because of his race" a truly emotional response to my earlier post by the way. I replied that you are chosing to ignore the huge number of people who did not vote for him because of his race. There is no emotional response here. I made an observation, which you still chose to ignore. Do you deny that there are people who didn't vote for him because of his race?

No... American is a nationality... You have to understand that yes, we are all humans, when taken at face value. However, there are many different cultures as well as races within our own nation. To strip someone of their racial and cultural heritage is to belittle them. As far as your supposed ability to not see race is concerned Why are you upset that people are refering to President Obama as the first black president then? Why are you worried about him recieving votes just because he was black? I thought you didn't see race? You need to open your eyes son. Maybe go out and gain some world experience. Join the military, go to college, I dunno. Interact with people of different race and cultures rather than make a bunch of wild suppositions.

Cause it is views like that which are the problem in this world today. And we need to get off our rears and get in gear before it is too late. No it isn't. I would rather be considered a human before I was considered white. I am not taking away anything from. Keep you culture your identity but remember at the end of the day you are human.

As for votes nope know he did and those who did vote base on his color are idiots. Suppositions. its superstitions first off. Second off you are judging what you don't know. I like different architechure for the love of me I don't know why. Why does everything have to have a title with people like you. If you do that then your taking away their culture and belittling them. Really how? How is it I am doing that by saying enough with this crap. It is time to put an end to racism. What you loose is what you choose to loose. People came to this country from all over the world and kept their traditions and culture but united and eventually formed what you see here today. Only their decendents have screw up so royally that it isn't funny. What I prepose is no different then the days of olde. The days when things were good, reborn and remade a new to fit the world today. But if you want to continue the pointless suffering and bigitry that is going on now then be my guess.

Cause it is views like that which are the problem in this world today. And we need to get off our rears and get in gear before it is too late. No it isn't. I would rather be considered a human before I was considered white. I am not taking away anything from. Keep you culture your identity but remember at the end of the day you are human.

As for votes nope know he did and those who did vote base on his color are idiots. Suppositions. its superstitions first off. Second off you are judging what you don't know. I like different architechure for the love of me I don't know why. Why does everything have to have a title with people like you. If you do that then your taking away their culture and belittling them. Really how? How is it I am doing that by saying enough with this crap. It is time to put an end to racism. What you loose is what you choose to loose. People came to this country from all over the world and kept their traditions and culture but united and eventually formed what you see here today. Only their decendents have screw up so royally that it isn't funny. What I prepose is no different then the days of olde. The days when things were good, reborn and remade a new to fit the world today. But if you want to continue the pointless suffering and bigitry that is going on now then be my guess.

No...it's supposition. Allow me to help you. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/supposition as in- You are making wild suppositions about what people of other races and cultures feel it means to be American. I do not understand how you can feel that the word superstition applies here.

Secondly, I think we want the same end here, but disagree with the means. As far as belittling a culture is concerened, to say, "naw we're not gonna celebrate the history of your race and the contributions you've made to the nation anymore" is offensive. Step out of your shoes for a while. Like i said go out into the world. Meet some new people, interact, make a friend or two. if you like different architecure, thats a great place to start. Now learn about the person, and culture behind the building. Do you see? These are not bad things to be swept under the rug. Our differences are beautiful, and are to be cherished. like you said, we should all be considederd human. However, diveristy is a part of humanity.

Peace, man. i'm done rappin' with ya on this subject here. We have another thread in a different oplace with the same subject. See ya there?