Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus says...go forth and...........

Beckys_Mom

1st of all, I would like you to look at the list below, and from that list, see what you find is actually true and what is false....

So i made a list...

1. Jesus said, go forth and spread the word of god.

2. Jesus said to go forth and ridicule other people’s faiths

3. Jesus said – put their faith down and slander it as much as you can, to make it look like an evil faith

4. Jesus said to love all, but read the small print, he added – show love to your own flock, but show hate to those that aren’t from your flock! at the same time smile and said I am only doing this because I love you...sugar coat it as much as possible

5. Jesus said, do not talk to a priest to confess for sins as the bible tells you how to confess and it states other ways are wrong

6. Jesus said – don’t pray in front of a cross to be reminded that I have died for all sin, to show thanks(well he did always know he was going to die for sins lol)

7.Jesus said, my mother mary (holy mother mary) who was chosen by my holy father as the right one to bring me into the world, is just a nobody and don’t even think you can pray to her asking for her prayers. In the hope she can talk to my father in heaven on your behalf....If you find anyone doing this, make sure you try and color it as though they are praying to false idols...you don't NEED to know the real meaning, just complain about it regardless!!!

8. Jesus said –Even though the Catholic church love me, follow me and have accepted me, as they demonstrate in their church services....they still aren’t real Christians!!!!!

9. Jesus said it is right to fill anyones head with propaganda on other faiths, to convince them, that your faith is the one and only way to me

10. Jesus said – I withdraw my statement on judgement of others....go forth and throw your judgement, and tell them what you believe will happen if they chose not to listen to you tell them they are WRONG.......judge one, judge all

Now the list above give 10 things, and the majority of those things listed according to the bible, are NOT found ...meaning the above list is FALSE...apart from no1...all the rest are completely FALSE

See if this next one is true or false?

Jesus said – if anyone points out things from a bible that shows I am against doing wrong, judging and ridiculing other faiths....I say go forth and find a loophole to make it look as though they have taken the wrong end of thy stick!!

AGAIN FALSE..............

To add something that jesus DID actually say- the only way to the father is through him <----meaning to follow him and trust in him AND love him.............but in no way shap or form, does he state..the faiths that follow him that differ a little from the next are in the WRONG.

...no he didn't state such a thing in the bible.

........in fact, he didn't state HOW a follower should do it, as long as you followed him, trusted in his word and accepted him..then that is all that counts...along with understanding his teachings

Edited by Beckys_Mom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Karlis

• zandore

• Repoman

Good points BM. Following Jesus - well you could do that in a number of ways. Think about it, you could follow his teachings, you could follow the spiritual path he was on, or if its a metaphor it could mean "follow a star". Yes a metaphor...

If you follow a star, you find Jesus - and I so wish I could explain this concept to people but I can't. What star could I possibly be talking about? Star of Bethlehem of course... Star of David - follow its lines.. look at it. Its got the same geometry as Christs face - nobody gets that one.

based on example those that are modeling the lore I'd say this is how this fable has been emulated....... I think in a quest to create christianity a 'special' character was born ( what better then the invisible son of a invisible diety for impact ) for authority, for validity, to compete with judiasm at the time.....

I do think it was the brain child of st paul using the Ot as his proof..twisitng scripts to fit his creation......

as I say we do not know what jesus said or didn't say or who he was historically or academically if he even was what we know fits into about a paragraph .....

the beleivers posit is based in faith and can't be taken as valid IMO because in fath anything goes it doesn't require crtitical analysis...

now there are some folks I have had the great honor of meeting in my life that take the jesus lore to a standard/awareness that is unconditional in love but, its not the majority as of yet but, I do think things are changing for the better....

i rather enjoy brahamas ideas on things and lady r and you and mklsgl all beleive in god but have pushed the box to a posit that is all inclusive and acts in unconditonal love and stands for it ....

persoanlly I do not find jeus as defiened much of an example.....the NT is really the story of how christianity was born...

Edited by Tangerine Sheri

1st of all, I would like you to look at the list below, and from that list, see what you find is actually true and what is false....

So i made a list...

1. Jesus said, go forth and spread the word of god.

2. Jesus said to go forth and ridicule other people’s faiths

3. Jesus said – put their faith down and slander it as much as you can, to make it look like an evil faith

4. Jesus said to love all, but read the small print, he added – show love to your own flock, but show hate to those that aren’t from your flock! at the same time smile and said I am only doing this because I love you...sugar coat it as much as possible

5. Jesus said, do not talk to a priest to confess for sins as the bible tells you how to confess and it states other ways are wrong

6. Jesus said – don’t pray in front of a cross to be reminded that I have died for all sin, to show thanks(well he did always know he was going to die for sins lol)

7.Jesus said, my mother mary (holy mother mary) who was chosen by my holy father as the right one to bring me into the world, is just a nobody and don’t even think you can pray to her asking for her prayers. In the hope she can talk to my father in heaven on your behalf....If you find anyone doing this, make sure you try and color it as though they are praying to false idols...you don't NEED to know the real meaning, just complain about it regardless!!!

8. Jesus said –Even though the Catholic church love me, follow me and have accepted me, as they demonstrate in their church services....they still aren’t real Christians!!!!!

9. Jesus said it is right to fill anyones head with propaganda on other faiths, to convince them, that your faith is the one and only way to me

10. Jesus said – I withdraw my statement on judgement of others....go forth and throw your judgement, and tell them what you believe will happen if they chose not to listen to you tell them they are WRONG.......judge one, judge all

Now the list above give 10 things, and the majority of those things listed according to the bible, are NOT found ...meaning the above list is FALSE...apart from no1...all the rest are completely FALSE

See if this next one is true or false?

Jesus said – if anyone points out things from a bible that shows I am against doing wrong, judging and ridiculing other faiths....I say go forth and find a loophole to make it look as though they have taken the wrong end of thy stick!!

AGAIN FALSE..............

To add something that jesus DID actually say- the only way to the father is through him <----meaning to follow him and trust in him AND love him.............but in no way shap or form, does he state..the faiths that follow him that differ a little from the next are in the WRONG.

...no he didn't state such a thing in the bible.

........in fact, he didn't state HOW a follower should do it, as long as you followed him, trusted in his word and accepted him..then that is all that counts...along with understanding his teachings

Understanding his teachings is a tricky one. Based on love ok. But what the heck did he mean by 'ye must be born again' / and / 'the only way to the father is through me.' ??

Understanding his teachings is a tricky one. Based on love ok. But what the heck did he mean by 'ye must be born again' / and / 'the only way to the father is through me.' ??

To be born again - to change your old ways and accept him as your saviour

The only way to the father is through me = if you follow me, then you get that VIP pass to heaven LOL...

but if you don't___________________________ <---insert what you wish in here

To be born again - to change your old ways and accept him as your saviour

The only way to the father is through me = if you follow me, then you get that VIP pass to heaven LOL...

but if you don't___________________________ <---insert what you wish in here

Actually thats Qabalistic - on the tree of life there is a sephiroth by the name of Tipareth - and it is only if you reach Tipareth you have a direct path to Kethr - Jesus was representative of Tipareth.

http://www.greatdreams.com/Qabalah/scan0098.gif

All this snakes and ladders malarky - the Bible is really the Qabalah written down so the ordinary man can understand it - Qabalah is much more complicated.

Spiritually reborn...

Spiritually reborn...

yea like a refresher crash course LOL..in case you forgot who he was ha ha lol

Obama did the same with the oath lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

That was a crash and burn... lol

That was a crash and burn... lol

:P

As I see it, to be born again, means that one must be "born" again -- this time as an immortal spirit being (through a resurrection). This can only occur if one has "repented", and accepted Jesus' sacrifice as payment for one's own sins.

Any help here?

Karlis

~~~ ...

I think you could be wrong here, B's Mom. Can you show where Obama was at fault in his inauguration?

As I saw it, Obama did not mess up anything.

Kind regards,

Karlis

Yea, the chief justice mixed the words up and didn't pause at the usual place.

I think you could be wrong here, B's Mom. Can you show where Obama was at fault in his inauguration?

As I saw it, Obama did not mess up anything.

Why do you insist on making these wild things up???

I was referring to him taking the oath the second time <-----------how you can take that I said he messed up...is beyond me...unless you can magic up a fake post from myself ON THIS THREAD...

so I scroll back for you, to show you how it went...

Post 5--- misty asks what is reborn?

Post 6--- I tell her to be born again

Post 8--- Warrior say – spiritually reborn

Post 10 ---I said yea like refresher crash course (meaning a do over) like obamas other lol (meaning he took the oath twice..thats it)

and then in came this

Post 13 karlis interpreted what I said about it being like a do over / crash course.and added obama did it with the oath!.....and some how came up with me saying – Obama messed up!!! :D

Again..I do not get this.. lol :D

but I doubt I am going to get an apology...not likely lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I know that lol..but Karlis FAILED to read my post..I was referring to a do-over ltaking it the sec time...LOL

:D sometimes when I see someone pick a few words that I have said and make it into something else!!!!!

I know that lol..but Karlis FAILED to read my post..I was referring to a do-over ltaking it the sec time...LOL

:D sometimes when I see someone pick a few words that I have said and make it into something else!!!!!

How did I fail to read your post, B's Mom?

It seems quite evident you meant that Obama "stuffed up" the exact wording that head to be used. In fact, if you wish I will find and copy your post after Obama's inauguration where you wrote that Obama messed up.

Kind regards,

Karlis

EDIT...im done lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

As I see it, to be born again, means that one must be "born" again -- this time as an immortal spirit being (through a resurrection). This can only occur if one has "repented", and accepted Jesus' sacrifice as payment for one's own sins.

Any help here?

Karlis

So you don't have to die first then? Maybe he just meant, to be born in the spirit, us mortals have got to die first?

So you don't have to die first then? Maybe he just meant, to be born in the spirit, us mortals have got to die first?
Hi Mistydawn, according to the Bible you do not *have* to die first. According to the Bible, if one has the Spirit of God at the time when Jesus next returns, that person will be changed from a mortal, physical being (as you and I are now) into immortal spirit beings ... children of God the Father, in God's family.

Those who died with the Spirit of God within them, will be resurrected as immortals when Jesus returns.

In my personal opinion, the idea that one is "born in the spirit" (as charismatics teach) is non-Scriptural.

But, that's how I read the Bible; most people hold different views, :)

Karlis

Any help here?

Karlis

I would both agree and disagree with that comment. John 3 gives a good account of what it is to be "born again". As a person is first born as a physical being in the physical womb, to be "born again" is to be reborn as a spiritual being, in Christ. While I agree then that "repentance" is key to this issue you have raised, the "born again" refers to this life while we are still alive. It is not a promise of "you will be born again one day in the future", but a commentary about being born again in this life, as new beings for Christ. immortal beings at the resurrection is an unnecessary addition to this understanding the Bible gives - simply think of it in this life - we are spiritually reborn, no longer under the judgement of God.

But repentance is definitely the key, as you say - though I think you'll find many people on this board have a skewed understanding of "repentance". For many, to "repent" simply means to say sorry, when the biblical understanding is so much deeper and goes beyond mere words (eg, the shoplifter who apologises to the security guard - is he sorry he stole the computer game, or sorry he got caught?).

~ PA

IBut repentance is definitely the key, as you say - though I think you'll find many people on this board have a skewed understanding of "repentance". For many, to "repent" simply means to say sorry, when the biblical understanding is so much deeper and goes beyond mere words (eg, the shoplifter who apologises to the security guard - is he sorry he stole the computer game, or sorry he got caught?).

PA I wish to add to this

If I feel I have done wrong, and I felt I needed to repent/tell god I am sorry...I do it with heart..and tell him I hope for forgiviness...then say a prayer..thats it

it's personal to me, but I don't just tell god sorry...as if to say ..sorry I got caught <--pointless IMO....for I feel if I were to do it like that, it would not feel REAL...

ANyone can repent to god in their own way......so I feel it is wrong to judge how others do it <---for how would you know?...I sure don't know how others pray for forgivines!!

I can't see how anyone would say it in that fashion, to an all knowing being....it's not as if they beleive - ohh no I got caught!!..the man upstairs caught me!!....

it takes guts to admit what you have done wrong...the same can be said with talking to God....

As for people....

People do not have to tell others they are sorry ...but it rarely ever happens...........only a REAL good, loving and caring person will stand up and say SORRY

A lot even those that are religious..to others - even if they are wrong...their own PRIDE (wich is a deadly sin)...will prevent them from saying - Im sorry.....

IE.............It doesn't take much to pick a fight with someone............but it takes a heck of a lot, for that person to say - I am sorry I was wrong <---they rarely do...

I WILL agree with the crook and the security guard anology you gave...but I wouldnt peg it as though - those that repent in private to god as though they are doing the same thing

So on to your comment on how others on the board see REPENTING...you claim their ideas are some what a skewed

I don't understand how anyone can judge how others ask the lord for forgiviness....especially when it is between them and god...only God can tell if that person actually means it or not....no one holds the right to judge..prayers are private in that respect

thats all I am saying

I would both agree and disagree with that comment. John 3 gives a good account of what it is to be "born again". As a person is first born as a physical being in the physical womb, to be "born again" is to be reborn as a spiritual being, in Christ. While I agree then that "repentance" is key to this issue you have raised, the "born again" refers to this life while we are still alive. It is not a promise of "you will be born again one day in the future", but a commentary about being born again in this life, as new beings for Christ. immortal beings at the resurrection is an unnecessary addition to this understanding the Bible gives - simply think of it in this life - we are spiritually reborn, no longer under the judgement of God.

But repentance is definitely the key, as you say - though I think you'll find many people on this board have a skewed understanding of "repentance". For many, to "repent" simply means to say sorry, when the biblical understanding is so much deeper and goes beyond mere words (eg, the shoplifter who apologises to the security guard - is he sorry he stole the computer game, or sorry he got caught?).

~ PA

Hi P A -- You write: “… the "born again" refers to this life while we are still alive. … -- simply think of it in this life - we are spiritually reborn, …"

I think that this is where we hold different views. Why? Because the phrase "born again" in Greek can be understood in different ways. For instance, "born again" can mean "conceived again, or begotten again", as in:

1Pe 1:23 (Revised Version) having been begotten again, not of corruptible seed [sperm from a human father], but of incorruptible (seed) [God's Spirit], through the word of God, which liveth and abideth.

If my understanding is correct, we are conceived a second time when God's Holy Spirit enters into us, and we will be born again (at the resurrection) as immortal spirit beings at Jesus' next coming.

Just a quick thought,

Karlis

Here are some verses to look up: John 3:3, John 14:26, Romans 8:9, Ephesians 1:13, 1 John 1:9.

1 John 3:8 = Galatians 5:16-26

I keep trying to cut and paste these passages but some get deleted in the process. But jot em down and visit www.biblegateway.com