Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[New] Member's Gallery

Saru

A new section has been added to the forum today, the Member's Gallery is an integrated image gallery system that gives you the opportunity to submit your own paranormal photographs, artwork and pictures to a community-driven archive of images and media. The new gallery is integrated directly in to the forum, so you can view photographs both you and other people have submitted from member profiles, browse forum attachments and much more.

The home page of the member's gallery can be found - here.

You can also view all the photographs that you have personally posted by clicking "My pictures" from the top forum menu.

We'd like to encourage all our members to submit their paranormal snaps to the new gallery, our goal is to build up a library of photographs and multimedia pertaining to the unexplained that is unique to UM, a collaborative effort to catalogue paranormal phenomena and other mysteries from around the world through pictures taken first hand by those who experienced them.

In addition the new gallery will also provide sections to showcase your own artwork and photography skills as well as a place to post and browse photographs of UM members so that you can put a face to the username. The gallery will expand over time so expect new categories to be added in the near future.

I've posted a few pictures to get the ball rolling, so feel free to check it out and get uploading. :tu:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• She-ra

• thefinalfrontier

• DrawingPics

That is a cool new feature boss. Keep up the good work around here. :tu:

P.S. Do the pictures have to be our own, or can they be off the internet.? :hmm:

The images have to be either pictures you've taken/created yourself or pictures you have permission to use.

The gallery is both figuratively and literally a gallery for members, by members.

Very nice. I'll have to look through that section more often. :)

The images have to be either pictures you've taken/created yourself or pictures you have permission to use.

The gallery is both figuratively and literally a gallery for members, by members.

Ok, thanks Saru. :tu:

Very Cool Saru, it is very User friendly and links right upon our home Page as well, soooo very cool Bro :tu:

Pavot

I think that its a great addition. ^_^

But I would like to ask, would the link to the gallery "Upload your own photographs, artwork and paranormal media to our new Member's Gallery" at the top of the page always be there?

That notice is to let everyone know about the gallery while its still new, it won't be there indefinitely.

That notice is to let everyone know about the gallery while its still new, it won't be there indefinitely.

Ohh ok, then how do we access the gallery after you remove the notice?

And, there is no edit button in the gallery.

then how do we access the gallery after you remove the notice?

Via the menu item that will be put in place of it.

there is no edit button in the gallery.

This is something that a few people have requested, as a result an 'edit' option has now been added.

Via the menu item that will be put in place of it.

So only after that link is not there will you put the menu item? please pardon all my questions.

This is something that a few people have requested, as a result an 'edit' option has now been added.

Yippee i'll go edit my post.

So only after that link is not there will you put the menu item?

The menu is going to be reworked but I don't have a time frame for that at the moment.

Garrett, the new pic gallery is great its so much easier to go through without all the pages of comments, its really nice just to see nice photos of the umers.......thankyou for another great addition to UM..(((HUGS))))

Edited by Tangerine Sheri

I uploaded a couple photos in the rouges gallery and then tried to upload in the natural phenomena section but it will not upload, It keeps saying the page can not be displayed, I am unsure if its my system or if its something with that particular section but I have been able to upload to the rouges so im at a loss for this, Any ideas?

Its possible its timing out, how large is the image you are trying to upload ?

Its possible its timing out, how large is the image you are trying to upload ?

Hi Saru;

The issue seems to have cleared, I tried again this morning and it went in, I have no idea why it would not yesterday;

On another note in the section for misilaneous when its opened up there seems to be no browse to upload a photo, When I open it it simply says no album available and thats all thats there,

Thanks for the reply;

TFF

Confirmed, looks like a permissions issue in that section. That's it fixed now.

Confirmed, looks like a permissions issue in that section. That's it fixed now.

The same issue is there still, Just tried and it is not working,

Gah, this particular category is proving to be very stubborn - that's it definately fixed this time. :P

Gah, this particular category is proving to be very stubborn - that's it definately fixed this time. :P

Confirmed, Its working now,

Thanks Saru;)

Incidently remember that the member's gallery is for member photographs/artwork only - photographs from the surface of Venus don't count. ;)

G'day Saru, I was just wondering about the old multimedia gallery, will it continue as I have uploaded a lot of pics there, and is there anyway I can get them transfered to the new forum gallery in bulk or do I have to upload every photo individually again to the new members gallery. I only ask because I am lazy. B)

Where is your piccy Saru??

:whistle:

G'day Saru, I was just wondering about the old multimedia gallery, will it continue as I have uploaded a lot of pics there, and is there anyway I can get them transfered to the new forum gallery in bulk or do I have to upload every photo individually again to the new members gallery. I only ask because I am lazy.

The old gallery will be sticking around for a while, however unfortunately there's no way to automatically transfer images from one to the other, sorry about that.