Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

attached spirits

goodbyeetosleep

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nile_Shaman

• goodbyeetosleep

• WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

• BorisTheSpider2

a spirit that is drawn to you and can follow you around from place to place if it wishes

i've heard about people being able to "pick up" spirits from places like cemetaries

I don't believe in being able to "pick up" spirits, especially from cemeteries. Doesn't make a lot of sense, imo. (A little off topic but: Why would a cemetery be haunted in the first place? If it's because a spirit is attached to their body, why would they then follow someone else, if the only reason their spirit remains is because it has a physical attachment to its own body? Food for thought, I guess.)

What's making you think you have a spirit that follows you?

yeah it's hard to prove something like that

the only explanation I can think of is maybe someone is sensitive to paranormal activity or they remind the spirit of someone they used to care for

the place where I heard about this was a girl talking about a boatload of ouija experiences where some of the ghosts she talked to told her where she picked them up from..it seemed valid since the whole conversation was recorded but it's the internet so you never know

that's a good point though about the spirit being attached to their own body..I haven't really thought about cemetaries very much..though I've wondered if dark spirits are drawn to cemetaries simply because of how many human spirits there could be in such a small area

I've just been having strange experiences in the few places that I am normally..such as seeing shadows, unexplained noises (not so much things like knocking but more so thinking I hear people talking when noone's there..I never know what they say though), getting chills, feeling watched..having my eyes closed and I could swear someone came in the room and I felt like there was someone there only to open my eyes and realize I was alone...you know, the normal stuff. but I experience these same things not only at my house and the place I work, but also at my friends houses which I stay at quite often..It could be just me or it could be different spirits, who knows but I just wanted to know if there were any sure signs to verify this. I don't really get these experiences in public places..the most i'll see is a shadow somewhere and it's normally outside

Ebonykrow could be right. But, I have not been convinced a spirit is necessarily attached to it's body. In some cases, that has long since decomposed where an alleged haunting has taken place, or the body is not known to be there, it is just a location the person liked or disliked in life. ... or had no sure attachment to the place by dying there.

Many PIs have talked about working a case and then finding things going bump in the night at home, so that infers to me the possibility of attracting an entity, perhaps especially when doing remote sites. (do they get bored?).

A close friend has been emailing me about his place of work. It is a hotel and was hosting a group who came in for a family funeral. No problems until they returned the day of the burial, which was raining and they tracked in a good bit of the dirt from the cemetary. Almost right away the feeling of the hotel has shifted and wierd things are happening. Most of the employees have noticed it and are bothered now when at the hotel.

Mental? Superstition? Did something come back with them? I dunno and cannot go there to check it myself to settle my own unknowing about it, but he isn't much of a suggestive sort. In the years I have known him, he has never complained of something like this before, and is fairly sensitive.

Back when I was in Vodou, this was a very common thing to do, even routine. It was an accepted fact. In some cases it was attempted willfully. It is only in the Western mindset where it tends to get denied or not considered much.

If true, and if you have ruled out possible mental illness or medication conflicts, or natural explanations for the things you witness, your symptoms suggest you may have attracted the attention of something. It does not stay in a place, but moves with you, which is why I say so. Resort to your form of faith, and try answers from that is my suggestion. If they do not work permanently then keep trying until you learn what does work. Some people think it is cool and solicit more of this sort of phenomenon, but this isn't really a smart thing to do IMO. They only see it outwardly, and do not perceive how they can change due to the influence, or obsession if you think of it that way, and that is a sticky and confusing endrun to try to get yourself out of and back on ground you feel more sure of. Especially alone. If you did not start out with issues of depression or despair, you can end up with them along the way.

So, do keep your eyes open and take it seriously until you are satisfied you know why this is going on and have gotten a true end to it if you are certain it cannot be your imagination.

JMO

NS

Cuban folklore has a lot of stories like these in which a spirit that has not moved on, attaches themselves to someone that reminds them of a loved one in life, or someone that just happens to be more "sensitive" and can acknowledge their presence. The reasons for it are numerous. Cubans also have a type of Voudou called Santeria, where spirits are called upon in ceremonies, but can also be banished if they decide they want to stick around. I am not a practitioner of Santeria or any religion for that matter, but for us, Santeria spills over into our very culture and way of thinking, which is why your post got my attention.

I don't know if this is what has happened to you. I'm not going to sit here and say you are crazy or making things up, but the first order of business should be to make sure that as Nile_Shaman suggested, this isn't something brought on by you. Whether it is mental illness, medication, or stress of some sort getting to you, you must first rule out anything of this nature. You never want to blame the paranormal for something until there is no other explanation, and you need to search for the rational before you worry yourself with the extraordinary.

If you conclude that you do in fact, have an attached soul following you around, it can be as simple as telling it to go away (mean it). I am not a big believer in religious ceremony, but some people are, and if you are one of those people, it might help to find a solution within that context. It may or may not banish the spirit, but it will put you at ease, which is just as important. Don't interact with it or acknowledge it other than to tell it to leave you alone.

Either way, I hope things work out for you.

Edited by Marby

Coast to Coast AM doesn't help much with my insomnia lately but this was one of the better shows on the subject (podcasts available) :)

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2009/01/28.html

Past Life Regressions & Channeling

A former practitioner of conventional medicine, Dr. Charles Tramont discussed how he now treats people with hypnotherapy, conducting past-life regressions. Through his hypnotized clients, he also works with spirit guides and releases attached entities. Past lives are imprinted in our cellular memory, and negative emotional incidents from those lives can impinge on a person's current well being, he explained. Many times after someone recalls a particular past life, their physical or psychological problem dissipates.

Edited by BorisTheSpider2

Coast to Coast AM doesn't help much with my insomnia lately but this was one of the better shows on the subject (podcasts available) :)

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2009/01/28.html

Now that link is definitely something to think about..I knew people could regress with hypnotherapy but to go to future lives..Now I would like to experience that! :wub:

Now that link is definitely something to think about..I knew people could regress with hypnotherapy but to go to future lives..Now I would like to experience that! :wub:

the way it was presented on the show was consistent with the ideology that trans dimensional times lines don't necessary conform to the ebb and flow of the time/space continuum as we understand it, the other part that I found fascinating was the the concept of soul recognition.

Utilizing spirit guides to vanquish a parasitic attachment(s) was the methodology employed in the case of Rosemary Campbell if my memory serves me.

her account is not limited to this forum btw and has proliferated to other venues on the net :)

;)

Edited by BorisTheSpider2

the way it was presented on the show was consistent with the ideology that trans dimensional times lines don't necessary conform to the ebb and flow of the time/space continuum as we understand it, the other part that I found fascinating was the the concept of soul recognition.

Utilizing spirit guides to vanquish a parasitic attachment(s) was the methodology employed in the case of Rosemary Campbell if my memory serves me.

her account is not limited to this forum btw and has proliferated to other venues on the net :)

;)

I do to, Soul recognition, I do believe this, souls that have known each other in the past will always recognize each other when there paths are crossed, or at least one will recognize the other. :yes:

I do not subscribe to the ideology of inter dimensional beings (The Shadow People) I really feel they are something else, but that theory is as good as any, I cant back up what I believe, JMO.

I believe this thread is the one your referring to Mr. Spider.... :innocent:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...c=52037&hl=

Edited by Aanica

It started before I went on medication..my first couple sightings of a shadow person was at work a month or more before I went on anxiety medication..the thing is that even when i was on my medication at work my coworkers who weren't on medication saw it too. I don't know if it's just a side effect but when I see a shadow it's not near something that's dark that my eyes could've blurred that..it could just be my medication's effect but it's strange when other people notice similar things in a certain area..and I don't know how to explain clearly thinking that someone had walked in the room and felt like someone was there but there was no one

would medication cause all these to seem to happen?

I would love to have a past lives regression done and see who and what I did before this day and time.... B)

I would love to have a past lives regression done and see who and what I did before this day and time.... B)

This is really debateable, for me, Light, coz the times I have done things to allegedly bring a past life to light, the tales told have never been one of the lives I already do recall.

Plus, the whole past life issue is problematic for me. I am not certain it could not be some form of racial memory or even ancestral. I don't let myself bog down into thinking it is one sure thing as yet, until I can know. I mean, they might even be projected memories from spirits trying to tell their tale or get something of themselves across to us. (LOL, that would account for so many Cleopatra's).

Meanwhile, I figure reincarnation or not, true or not, surely focussing on doing the best muddle I can in this life is the point and win-win LOL.

But, the memories are pretty... they feel like your own, and that rather nags and makes ya wonder, especially when recalled events do really seem to be themes and in some cases still players now in one's life.

Just dunno :(, but I think we're getting off topic.

NS

Check with your pharmacist or research it online. Type in like name of the med adverse reactions to google and see what comes up. You can ask your pharmacist without coming off wierd. Just ask him/her if they can cause wierd dreams or alter your perceptions any at all. Make sure they know what all you are on so they could suggest a way to find out. Also, realise that stress if bad enough can drive you wierd for a bit, too.

I do not mean to say you don't have a paranormal issue, or that some of it might be. I know, honestly, that what you can describe is not rare at all. HOWEVER, you must begin by ruling out all the more possible and close in issues first. To do anything else is naive, to be kind. However, to run all you down and believe without thought that it cannot be anything but something mundane is not any smarter, IMO. Just, one before the other. Mundane first.

I apologize for getting offtopic on your thread about the reincarnation stuff.

JMO

NS

It started before I went on medication..my first couple sightings of a shadow person was at work a month or more before I went on anxiety medication..the thing is that even when i was on my medication at work my coworkers who weren't on medication saw it too. I don't know if it's just a side effect but when I see a shadow it's not near something that's dark that my eyes could've blurred that..it could just be my medication's effect but it's strange when other people notice similar things in a certain area..and I don't know how to explain clearly thinking that someone had walked in the room and felt like someone was there but there was no one

Just a few thoughts here, so I hope you don't take this the wrong way, especially since I am not a medical expert or anything like that.

Thought 1: Is it possible that whatever has led to your being put on the medication might have something to do with it? I don't know your history, but perhaps the anxiety itself is part of the issue?

Thought 2: If other people are seeing what you are seeing, it may make Thought 1 a moot point, but perhaps you are not being personally haunted so much as you might be more sensitive to what's around you than a lot of others. So maybe, yes, others perceive it as well, but you are more tuned into it. And again, if it is paranormal, maybe you are more sensitive to it due to your anxiety issues and you may not necessarily have a spirit attached so much as you are aware of the spirits that are already there on a keener level.

I will not pretend to know tons about anxiety medication, and suggest you look into possible side effects, but they might just be making things a bit worse in terms of the shadows and feelings. I have a friend who spent a year working with her doctor to get on an anxiety medication that worked well for her with minimal side effects, and some of them did alter her perceptions a bit more than others.

In addition to the many opinions expressed so far, you might want to consider the point of view of Dr. Carl Wickland. In his book "Thirty Years Among the Dead", spirits tend become attracted to and attached to certain humans. It's an excellent read, and the pdf is out and about the internet.

oh I don't mind getting off topic at all

but yeah I talked to my doctor about it a while back..the one that prescribed me in the first place and she didn't really say much about it..she didn't seem to think that it was a big deal or just didn't really know what to say

perhaps I can find someone a little more familiar with the subject and ask them

if anyone knows please point me in the right direction

Just a few thoughts here, so I hope you don't take this the wrong way, especially since I am not a medical expert or anything like that.

Thought 1: Is it possible that whatever has led to your being put on the medication might have something to do with it? I don't know your history, but perhaps the anxiety itself is part of the issue?

Thought 2: If other people are seeing what you are seeing, it may make Thought 1 a moot point, but perhaps you are not being personally haunted so much as you might be more sensitive to what's around you than a lot of others. So maybe, yes, others perceive it as well, but you are more tuned into it. And again, if it is paranormal, maybe you are more sensitive to it due to your anxiety issues and you may not necessarily have a spirit attached so much as you are aware of the spirits that are already there on a keener level.

I will not pretend to know tons about anxiety medication, and suggest you look into possible side effects, but they might just be making things a bit worse in terms of the shadows and feelings. I have a friend who spent a year working with her doctor to get on an anxiety medication that worked well for her with minimal side effects, and some of them did alter her perceptions a bit more than others.

oh I don't take any of it in the wrong way I'm asking for people to give me their honest opinions

I have thought about a lot of this before and wondering if my negative energy might be adding to this.

I have especially thought about just being able to see glimpses of spirits in passing or just be able to notice my surroundings. sometimes I feel more connected to things than other people and a lot of times an action that people are about to do just randomly pop in my head as a thought of something I'm about to do...if that makes any sense

This is really debateable, for me, Light, coz the times I have done things to allegedly bring a past life to light, the tales told have never been one of the lives I already do recall.

Plus, the whole past life issue is problematic for me. I am not certain it could not be some form of racial memory or even ancestral. I don't let myself bog down into thinking it is one sure thing as yet, until I can know. I mean, they might even be projected memories from spirits trying to tell their tale or get something of themselves across to us. (LOL, that would account for so many Cleopatra's).

Meanwhile, I figure reincarnation or not, true or not, surely focussing on doing the best muddle I can in this life is the point and win-win LOL.

But, the memories are pretty... they feel like your own, and that rather nags and makes ya wonder, especially when recalled events do really seem to be themes and in some cases still players now in one's life.

Just dunno :( , but I think we're getting off topic.

NS

yes, I agree, but I think we would be able to put sense to some things in our life and also be able to know of that whch us not true, should one try to bafoon us.... Like why I like or dont like certain things, or why others are so natural...

Tell us of some of your lifes past??? please.... :rofl:

oh I don't take any of it in the wrong way I'm asking for people to give me their honest opinions

I have thought about a lot of this before and wondering if my negative energy might be adding to this.

I have especially thought about just being able to see glimpses of spirits in passing or just be able to notice my surroundings. sometimes I feel more connected to things than other people and a lot of times an action that people are about to do just randomly pop in my head as a thought of something I'm about to do...if that makes any sense

Thanks for that, goodbyetosleep. I just like to explore every possibility before automatically saying, "It's a ghost!" Not because I don't believe in ghosts, because I do.

I would certainly talk to the doctor about it first. Though I am of the opinion that there is probably something more to it in that you are probably a bit more sensitive than other people, the meds could be making it more difficult.

yes, I agree, but I think we would be able to put sense to some things in our life and also be able to know of that whch us not true, should one try to bafoon us.... Like why I like or dont like certain things, or why others are so natural...

Truth.... how do we know for SURE? :). But, this is why I am dubious about psychics or hypnotists or other means done by someone else to supposedly find out your past lives. I am very wary about implanted memories, power of suggestion, and similar. Then, when they never come up with anything that even feels right, let alone checks with memories I do have? Nah, I don't encourage such things. I think we can find out what we need to find out on our own and most folks close to it have a good cluelight what some issues may have been, at least. My opinion on it, anyway.

Tell us of some of your lifes past??? please.... :rofl:

Mmm.... nah :). The handle of Nile Shaman, however is actually my nickname for the one I recall the best... if it is recall and not ancestral, or racial, or projected, or from eating too much chocolate or something.

NS

but yeah I talked to my doctor about it a while back..the one that prescribed me in the first place and she didn't really say much about it..she didn't seem to think that it was a big deal or just didn't really know what to say

perhaps I can find someone a little more familiar with the subject and ask them

if anyone knows please point me in the right direction

It is good you talked to her a while back. I was under the impression this was a recent development, though. In any case, the fastest way for us to get beaten by a mod here would be to overstep the line into medical advice or specific suggestions. Huge no-no, with good reason. So, you won't get that here. Nor can we really say you have X paranormal going on for sure.

Google terms like "delusions" and mental health, whatever comes to mind and learn what is out there and not that it applies to you but there is a lot of information available and knowledge is a good thing. You also need to determine your faith and seek out advice from sources alined with that, I'd think, if you feel it IS paranormal. If athist, check with them, if Christian or Hindu or Pagan, check with authorities in those for ideas.

Keep checking until you find out what works. That is kinda how we develop faith, and how we learn firsthand about this sort of thing. Do let us know your own thoughts or how things turn out. We like to learn, too :).

JMO

NS

I do to, Soul recognition, I do believe this, souls that have known each other in the past will always recognize each other when there paths are crossed, or at least one will recognize the other. :yes:

and if a disembodied or non corporeal soul recognizes a soul in the living, is this and potential for attraction and or attachment?

I do not subscribe to the ideology of inter dimensional beings (The Shadow People) I really feel they are something else, but that theory is as good as any, I cant back up what I believe, JMO.

"backing up" what you believe is NOT obligatory in a paranormal forum hun ;) this is a common misconception and the request for such should simply be ignored, especially when many of the topics are hypothetical and based on conjecture. :yes:

I see so much hesitation and protracted preamble to discourage criticism when it comes to expressing personal beliefs and opinions, the addition of JMO itself should suffice as an adequate disclaimer (JMO) :)

I believe this thread is the one your referring to Mr. Spider.... :innocent:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...c=52037&hl=

thank you!! :geek:

although based on the Jerry Springer Show treatment she received as I recall, I doubt she will return real soon :no:

'BorisTheSpider2' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:10 PM' post='2724346']

and if a disembodied or non corporeal soul recognizes a soul in the living, is this and potential for attraction and or attachment?

I believe so, absolutely..

"backing up" what you believe is NOT obligatory in a paranormal forum hun ;) this is a common misconception and the request for such should simply be ignored, especially when many of the topics are hypothetical and based on conjecture. :yes:

You know you are so right, its been the survival instinct here to try and provide every bit of evidence to substantiate your own theories...LOL old habits die hard, but thank you for saying that..That was very kind.. :wub:

I see so much hesitation and protracted preamble to discourage criticism when it comes to expressing personal beliefs and opinions, the addition of JMO itself should suffice as an adequate disclaimer (JMO) :)

Ok I will..:)

thank you!! :geek:

You are so welcome.. :D

although based on the Jerry Springer Show treatment she received as I recall, I doubt she will return real soon :no:

I have not read the thread but I will, if that's the case its too bad..