Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Post your favorite/s video game songs

zitro1987

Tristam from Diablo for me. A 7+ minute very progressive, complex, spooky, atmospheric work of art :) I love the acoustic guitar work a lot.

http://www.imeem.com/maccspayne/music/lyCx...lo_tristrammp3/

There are also some songs from Final Fantasy which are very good.

Edited by zitro1987
  • Like 1

Tristam from Diablo for me. A 7+ minute very progressive, complex, spooky, atmospheric work of art :) I love the acoustic guitar work a lot.

http://www.imeem.com/maccspayne/music/lyCx...lo_tristrammp3/

There are also some songs from Final Fantasy which are very good.

Song from the first level of super castlevania 4.

anything from darius twin- same era.-

Acoustic diddy from castle crashers- lumps and all!! hilarious lol!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3MAKBYVgew

sorry, but they're too old and midi-sounding :/

the first one (castlevania) has some potential as a good mp3 tho.

sorry, but they're too old and midi-sounding :/

the first one (castlevania) has some potential as a good mp3 tho.

lol. I actually recorded thos songs onto a casette (gasp!) When I was a kid. nostalgia. when games were games.

The Main Theme from Clive Barker's 'Undying' is my all time favorite game theme song.

The silent hill soundtracks are good. Creepy & dark.

Red Alert soundtracks. Not too sure about 3.

Hell March was awesome. Utterly awesome.

and Dune.

The Franz Ferdinand song from Madden 05, along with all the others from that game. OK..maybe I just played it too much....

Most video game music drives me nuts...like when my wife plays Sims and the music plays over and over and over until I start creating obscene lyrics to sing along with it....

The start screen music from Yoshi's Island. Just the waves, and the music sort of slowly comes in an instrument at a time like there're people on the beach just kind of randomly deciding to do the song. It's really pretty, and a happy-sounding song. I used to let the SNES run all night on that for white noise at night. XD

Vamo' Alla Flamenco, from Final Fantasy 9. Again, really pretty song. It kind of loops back around on itself while it plays and it just makes you think of people dancing around in circles. It's like a rock and roll waltz. Synthesizers, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, drums... And it's got this just beautiful bit towards the middle about two minutes in. It's one of the prettiest songs I've ever heard that had electric guitars in it. :P

The opening theme from Legend of Dragoon is a really beautiful song too. Whoever it is that sang it had an absolutely beautiful voice. I'm willing to overlook a few questionable phrasings to enjoy the song. And though she has a beautiful voice for the vocals, I think the prettiest parts are when she's just hitting notes, not words.

The Legend of Mana opening and end-credit themes are beautiful pieces of work. I'm not sure what language they're in, but the woman has a really nice voice, and the music itself with the piano, the flutes and the rest is just really easy to listen to.

Now, for my absolute favorites. Grandia II on the Dreamcast came with a soundtrack CD. I was very glad it did - the game had some incredible music. But the two best were called 'A Deus' and 'Cancao do Povo' or 'To God' and 'Song of the People'.

A Deus is a really beautiful, really simply piece, that at first relies solely on the voice of the woman singing it and an accompanying harp. The harp stays fairly quiet and in the background though, making the woman singing the real focus instead of just the woman singing. The way it sounds is almost like being in a chapel listening to her sing. It's really beautiful. Then about halfway in, it goes instrumental, and a flute and a violin start to play along with the harp. Towards the end the woman comes back in and it gets even prettier.

Cancao do Povo is a really happy song, a lot more complex than A Deus. No less beautiful a song, though. I don't know who the woman was who sang them, but she has a very clear, very powerful voice, and even in the most complex parts of the song it's still easy to hear her over the instruments, without seeming obnoxiously loud.

Beware, the remixes were done in a pop and some sort of funk/metal hybrid thing, respectively, and kind of... Suck. XD They're the only bad part of the whole CD.

The observant reader may note I'm not much for 'badass' music in my games. While not technically true, I can hear hard rock and the like on the radio fairly easily. I'm much more impressed when a game sets its tone with a clear, more classical style of music.

Edited by Drago

Is one of my favourite game songs.

Then, Final Fantasy VII's Cosmo Canyon is another favourite.

I also liked the majority of the songs/musical peices on Bloodrayne II. ...I wonder if the 360 would get a Bloodrayne III...

One of my all-time favorites is from way back when the 386 was king and Ultima VII - The Black Gate was released. The song is called Stones and is the theme song for the game. Very mellow and flowing.

CLICK FOR MP3 FILE (or to play, depending on browser config)

Another favorite is from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and is a song on the Radio Espantoso radio station called Yo Te Mire and was created for the game. I like the song because it has girls singing "La la la la la" and the woman's voice in the second verse is so friggin sexy. Plus I have lots of good memories of listening to that song while I did drive-by shootings on gangs of Haitians in their gay-*** blue shirts. LOL!

I love that one! No matter how many hours I played that game, I never got sick of that song. Edited by Repoman

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the MGS 4 soundtrack its amazing and i also really like the Zelda and the wind waker soundtrack their are also many other great soundtracks that I know of but I'm just to lazy to post anymore :D