Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hi-Res picture of the 'Face' on Mars

Magikman

This is a hi-resolution picture of the 'face' on Mars taken by the Mars Global Surveyor;

This link will take you to the page that shows you the comparison of the Viking & Global Surveyor pictures. It also gives you the opportunity to see an even closer view of the 'face', as well as a 3-D composite;

http

://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/mgs/msss/camera/i...ace/index.html

MAGIKMAN

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• dalia

• SpaceyKC

• Dowdy

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked out the web site for additional pictures of the hi resolution face.

Although it looks a lot less like a face than previous pictures, it still has the features of the face. It looks more faded now, like erosion.

What I keep wondering is if it's a trick of light or photography, or may be a natural structure, then how did the sides of the structure get so smooth, with the corners to be so perfectly rounded?

Just something I always thought about.

Homer

Homer,

That was exactly what I noticed when comparing the pictures, smooth and purposeful. It certainly is fasinating!!! :D

i think it would take longer than 25 year to erode that much. it's probably smooth because it was probably a volcano.

in the original photo of the 'face on mars', one pixle represented about 2 metres on the surface, which was probably the reason why it was mistaken as a face. :o

Ok...someone has been in my backyard taking pictures of my rock excavations.  :-/

P.S. I really trying for full member, ya'll.

Dalia

Dowdy

I wasnt referring to the difference to the original photos to the new photos as being just erosion after only 25 years. After all, it is a different RESOLUTION. That being said, it appears it could have suffered from erosion, among other things, from when it was CREATED, if it was created. That would explain as to why it's not a perfect "face" now.

This statement is for the ones who state that if it's artificial from intelligent beings, than why isnt it a better picture with more detail or something.

Homer