Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Floating down the stairs

Fugabutacus

I don't have such a memory. But I do have another strange one of me sitting strapped to a chair in the center of a huge white room with mirrors on the walls in all directions. Guessing it was a nightmare or something.

More stair-related there is a dream I remember very well from a very young age where I was crawling down them, and hands reached out from underneath and started grabbing at me.

• 2 months later...

On 3/19/2009 at 9:31 PM, Jimmy T said:

Some things happen spontaneously and if you follow up on them, you learn how to make them happen willfully. One of my earliest OBE's happened when I was stationed in Alaska, awaiting KP duty that began at 3 a.m. and not being able to sleep because of the stress. I felt some of the precursors that are involved with the out of body experience, but didn't know what they were, at the time. I got up off the cot and walked out into the hall and down the stairs to the mess hall, floating down the stairs three or four steps at a time, in slow motion. Felt like I weighed about a pound and a half, if I took I took a step I'd be in the air for a long time afterwards. A lot of people have these experiences but it comes to nothing because nobody is around who takes it seriously. In ancient societies these experiences were seen as important, a sign of potential that had real value, and if you mentioned them to someone you got pointed to people who could help you learn important things. Sad that it isn't that way now, you just get told it was a dream and you should ignore it.

Jimmy

Hey Jimmy. Do you have any info on books or websites about these cultures? I used to float down the stairs when I was four as well. I trust my memory because I can remember since before I was one. Just curious I guess. Thanks!

On 2/15/2009 at 9:13 PM, Fugabutacus said:

I've always had a strange memory. When I was around maybe four, I used to enjoy seeing if I could get down the stairs in as few steps as possible. Well one day I decided to go for it big time. I leapt from the very top step, and landed at the bottom of the stairs perfectly well and unharmed, as if I'd just jumped down one step. I vividly remember just sort of gliding down the stairs.

I was reading in article the other day in Paranormal magazine and the writer of the article had a similar experience where he fell down the stairs, bounced down each step and landed at the bottom unharmed. He says he did some research and its quite common and a lot of people have memories like his or like mine. Even the editor of that magazine recalls it.

I then googled this and found a few random forum topics by people who have a memory like this.

Does anyone else recall floating down the stairs as a child?

I'm aware that this is an old thread, but YES and I thought I was insane for remembering that. 

• 10 months later...
On 2/15/2009 at 8:13 PM, Fugabutacus said:

I've always had a strange memory. When I was around maybe four, I used to enjoy seeing if I could get down the stairs in as few steps as possible. Well one day I decided to go for it big time. I leapt from the very top step, and landed at the bottom of the stairs perfectly well and unharmed, as if I'd just jumped down one step. I vividly remember just sort of gliding down the stairs.

I was reading in article the other day in Paranormal magazine and the writer of the article had a similar experience where he fell down the stairs, bounced down each step and landed at the bottom unharmed. He says he did some research and its quite common and a lot of people have memories like his or like mine. Even the editor of that magazine recalls it.

I then googled this and found a few random forum topics by people who have a memory like this.

Does anyone else recall floating down the stairs as a child?

I remember being like 4 or 5 and i was standing at the top of the stairs and i opened my eyes and i was at the bottom..... like what

• 1 year later...

I'm glad I found this thread. When I was seven years old I was coming down the stairs at home and I lost my footing on the top step, as I started falling forwards I was trying to stay upright and I realised I was floating down the stairs missing all the treads untill I reached the bottom of the stairs. When I told my dad about it he said he had the same experience when he was a child, a few years later when I was about eleven I was walking to school and one of my class mates caught up with me and he said a strange thing happened to him this morning, he lost his footing and said he floated down the stairs, I never mentioned that it had happened to me years before, but I was glad that someone else had experienced it other than me and my dad. Going forward now about ten years I was out with a few mates two of them lived next door to each other, I can't remember what we were talking about but one of them said to the other, hey Darren do you remember when we were kids and we used to jump down your stairs and float down to the bottom, apparently they did this on a regular basis. I know the whole thing does sound preposterous but I've no idea how you could explain it away.