Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

was i possesed?

recasares

Last night i woke up but i was unable to move or speak. and then i felt i was being attacked by something. then i was able to move but my body was moving by itself and i felt a burning feeling in my body. i got up and started screaming and punching walls and screaming for help. the whole time i was conscious but unable to control my actions. a few minutes later i was able to control my body. i was shaking and crying and trembling and had shivers. i was in fear. and i felt like i was still being watched. what was this?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Undeadskeptic

• Guardian Angel of Fire

• War Eagle

• recasares

The first part sounds like sleep paralysis. The second, I have no idea. I think you should probably consult a medical professional. The internet is not a good place for seeking advice about a possible medical condition.

It's a general Sleep Paralysis

Here's a couple links for you

http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Hope these can help you to understand and figure out whats going on :)

Best Regards,

GAF

Last night i woke up but i was unable to move or speak. and then i felt i was being attacked by something. then i was able to move but my body was moving by itself and i felt a burning feeling in my body. i got up and started screaming and punching walls and screaming for help. the whole time i was conscious but unable to control my actions. a few minutes later i was able to control my body. i was shaking and crying and trembling and had shivers. i was in fear. and i felt like i was still being watched. what was this?

Man you gotta take it easy. It wasn't demonic possession it was sleep paralysis. It has happened to me at least a dozen times. It usually happens when you wake up from a nightmare. Only your mind wakes up, not your body so you can't move for an x amount of time. Your body is paralyzed, so that you don't copy movements in your dream in real life.

Anyway, it isn't paranormal unless you make it paranormal. For example, are people with Tourette syndrome possessed? :no:

I experienced the same thing but it was just a bad case of diarrhea

LOL!!!

I had a scary experience once where I felt possessed. It was in a dream almost like a false awakening at night. Gives me goose bumps to remember it. Ive had heaps of dreams and this one was a first for me because I wasnt in control of my mind or body. I found myself standing at the foot of my bed and I could feel something with me. I started to growl and say things(I forget now what) and I was super angry and when I talked it was like having 100 voices all at once. I've done that trick twice now at least. I remember I started to shift into a wolf by being forced but it was like an American werewolf in London type shift where it was angry and painful. I was worried because I knew I had a animal in me and I couldnt control it so I wanted to get away from my house because I had my son sleeping in a room down the hall. So I was scared for him and was thinking about jumping through the window so that I could get away quicker. I thought I was awake at the time and was possessed by this animal spirit/demon or something and was freaking out(and I rarely freak out lol).

Anyway then my back was broken very violently, my body was pulled as if trying to do a bend back and flung on the bed so it snapped my back and I heard it crack and I thought I was going to die. Was like I was just a body being broken by something. And after a bit of my body feeling like it was being broken I just found myself near my front door about to go for a run outside. I was naked I think and couldnt control wanting to go for a run(and I dont jog or run your know.. I mean run like shapeshift run with my hands). Then I found myself as a dog sniffing around the end of the road in the bushes and stuff. It was like after I got outside I shifted into a dog and just ran around down the street. lol I thought I was sleep walking or something and was maybe going to wake up in the bushes naked in the morning.

It scared me heaps at the start. And I think its because I dont get out much. Must make me wanna travel. :D

Anyway. Not sure on your experience. If it scared you heaps and felt a ceratin way then call it what suits.

Edited by Kazahel

i think this the burning feeling might be hot food

screaming and hiting the wall your mad at it

the shakeing and crying and shivers you must be in pain you was hiting a dang wall

The first place to look is the doctor. I am not saying what happened to you wasn't a possession, but you really do need to get yourself checked out to make sure you don't have any medical problems. If it keeps happening come back and let us know. I can offer further advice if you wish, but I am no expert on demons.

It's possible you were possesed by a demon or spirit, and if what you mean by "you couldn't control your actions", and that something was controlling them for you then I don't think sleep paralysis could be a factor but I think most these people are right you should check with a doctor just in case, wish I culd be more help sorry. :hmm:

I experienced the same thing but it was just a bad case of diarrhea

ROFL :lol:

Seriously though, I would also advise seeing a doctor. You need to rule out all logical explanations before you assume something is paranormal. It does sound like sleep paralysis or possibly a concocted story for attention, sorry if its not but we get that a lot on this forum from first time posters. Good luck, please get yourself checked out. Let us know how that goes.

BTW welcome to the forum!

Record yourself whilst asleep. Warning; it could be scary..

Sleep paralysis. The paranormal is never the first option you should jump to.

Sleep paralysis. The paranormal is never the first option you should jump to.

Well the person didn't know what was going on, if you had something strange happening to you that you didn't understand, what would you think? I mean, we're just here helping to educate on some things we do know and help answer questions.

I was possessed once...

then i failed to keep up my loan payments, my Bank had me repossessed.

Edited by REBEL

I was possessed once...

then i failed to keep up my loan payments, my Bank had me repossessed.

hahaha good one

FUN FACT repossessed is a funny movie

I would not seek medical help, reason being that, I'm sure they

have a "phony" cure for a sleeping disorder that does not exist.

In my opinion:

Your astral body and physical body where separated, yet you

"believed" to be awake. Being in this new state of conciseness

the natural reaction to any uninformed being (even for those who know)

would be to panic, yell, and scream. The feeling of being "held" down

or attacked, I would believe is the tension between both bodies trying to

join, yet being separated by the minds understanding, or misunderstanding,

that its completely conscience.

Don't believe me, or anyone on here. Just believe what you feel as true.

Edited by Jestik

Well the person didn't know what was going on, if you had something strange happening to you that you didn't understand, what would you think? I mean, we're just here helping to educate on some things we do know and help answer questions.

Just because it was strange is absolutely no excuse. When odd things happen to me I consider rational explanations only and am always correct when I research further.

Just because it was strange is absolutely no excuse. When odd things happen to me I consider rational explanations only and am always correct when I research further.

Yeah but thats you, your different from everyone else, and everyone is different and thinks differently so...there. We are all different and unique.

Yeah but thats you, your different from everyone else, and everyone is different and thinks differently so...there. We are all different and unique.

Good point, I can't argue with that!

Yes I believe very well that you might have been possessed. I don't want to alarm you, but alot of things like this happen, because we have been thinking about it to much. Or, watching to many spooky things on tv and on the computer. I have never been full explosive posessession. But i had alot of experiances. I have been insituations where they do make my body move, without me even trying. But most of it is under my control.

I suggest that you rebuke it in the name of Jesus.

GB

Katy

Possession of a evil demon.

Your a unlucky person to have a bad demon over you. I myself don't like those lowelife demons.