Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pair rescued in Bermuda Triangle

UM-Bot

bermuda.jpg
The Bermuda Triangle is a region that is infamous for the mysterious disappearances of boats and planes with people never being seen or heard from again. In a story revealed this week a couple from Manchester have described how they became stranded at sea in the region when their boat's rudder broke, leaving them stranded for 40 days until finally being rescued.

"A man from Greater Manchester has spoken about being rescued near the Bermuda Triangle after being lost at sea for 40 days. Stuart Armstrong, 51, from Stockport and his partner Andrea Davison, 48, from Newcastle, got into difficulty when their yacht's rudder broke. The couple had set off from the Cape Verde Islands and were 1,200 miles from their destination in Antigua. "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: BBC News

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WoIverine

• UM-Bot

• jbondo

• Resonance

Top Posters In This Topic

By running out of essential supplies on the last day they meant running out of Champagne and caviar. It was horrible when they realized that all they had left on board was regular old wine, brie and truffles and to make things worse the wine was domestic.

By running out of essential supplies on the last day they meant running out of Champagne and caviar. It was horrible when they realized that all they had left on board was regular old wine, brie and truffles and to make things worse the wine was domestic.

Yes, seems to me these 'strandees' have too much money. :)

Anybody ask them if they saw / experienced anything weird while being stranded?

i think they would have mentioned it anyway, without having to be asked ;)

:lol::lol: Oh the hardship eh :lol:

It doesn't mention in the article (I may have missed it) why they were unable to contact anyone? Only the rudder broke- is that attached to the radio? :huh:

Just sounds to me like people looking to get their 15 minutes. If they went out to sea with inadequate equipment then I have little sympathy I'm afraid as at least they lives to tell the tale and of course collect a media fee :mellow:

Maybe they won the lottery. I am glad they were found, but I don't see a mystery. Must have been quite a trip on the 600ft tanker all the way to Amsterdam.

Maybe they won the lottery. I am glad they were found, but I don't see a mystery. Must have been quite a trip on the 600ft tanker all the way to Amsterdam.

Yeah...bet that took a while, but Amsterdam, the best city in the world!! :D

Edited by SpIdErCyDe