Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream with Top Hat Man

jimmy22

I had the same type of others last night. this older man with a top hat was leaning over me while i wassleeping. it didn;t bother me though. i found it as a death dream. when you die and death comes with a kind expression i took that as good. i was sleeping on thecouch and he put one hand at the top of he couch. i fond it comforting.

Last night I had a dream that involved shadow hat man and we were sitting at a table. I tried waking up but I couldn't and, he started talking to me but I didn't know what he was saying the room we were in had dim lighting and a large polished wooden table. When I woke up I felt a presence but, it wasn't an evil presence. 

• 2 years later...

Hello , when reading this I got chills as I’ve very recently had an experience similar and been trying to find out what it means. I was dreaming a large shadow man with a long coat and a big hat. He was stood at my living room door frame with no face visable but only a shadow . I remember I could hear him whisper things I didn’t understand without actually talking . I was petrified because in this dream he was over me and my sick mum. The dream ended with something rushing towards me making an ear Piercing noise. Once I woke up I jumped out of bed and immediately started to draw him . Since then I’m experiencing horrible , paranormal things in my house and my family member who live-blogged with me are too . I heard of the hat man almost 2 weeks after my dream . 

Edited by Beth00

3 minutes ago, Beth00 said:

Hello , when reading this I got chills as I’ve very recently had an experience similar and been trying to find out what it means. I was dreaming a large shadow man with a long coat and a big hat. He was stood at my living room door frame with no face visable but only a shadow . I remember I could hear him whisper things I didn’t understand without actually talking . I was petrified because in this dream he was over me and my sick mum. The dream ended with something rushing towards me making an ear Piercing noise. Once I woke up I jumped out of bed and immediately started to draw him . Since then I’m experiencing horrible , paranormal things in my house and my family member who live-blogged with me are too . I heard of the hat man almost 2 weeks after my dream . 

It's a "Thought Form" created out of your subconscious and your haunting yourself.

You can banish it with your own techniques and the "power of intention". If you firmly believe you can get rid of it, it will go away. 

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, Piney said:

It's a "Thought Form" created out of your subconscious and your haunting yourself.

You can banish it with your own techniques and the "power of intention". If you firmly believe you can get rid of it, it will go away. 

I don't know bro, this subject really stands out for me. There have been many many people who have seen this entity before ever hearing about him. The "Hat Man" has been one of the top themes in sleep paralysis episodes for the last few decades. For me, I have to question the odds here, and it really stands out as one of the more impressive cases for the possibility that these things might exist with or without us.  

5 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I don't know bro, this subject really stands out for me. There have been many many people who have seen this entity before ever hearing about him. The "Hat Man" has been one of the top themes in sleep paralysis episodes for the last few decades. For me, I have to question the odds here, and it really stands out as one of the more impressive cases for the possibility that these things might exist with or without us.  

Could be. My SP buddies were Grey lookalikes. They are common among Native and Vodou practitioners as "elementals" though so I figured it was my own mind.

One of Frank Herberts theories was with enough people believing you could create a independent god. What if they are literally Tulpas? 

Edited by Piney
  • Like 2

It's only your imagination creating it. the mind is a terrible thing to taste.

11 hours ago, Piney said:

Could be. My SP buddies were Grey lookalikes. They are common among Native and Vodou practitioners as "elementals" though so I figured it was my own mind.

Well don't get me wrong. I'm not claiming to know anything. But yeah, greys are another very common entity. Though that's heavy in pop culture now, so... That's true of the hat man as well. So the people who see them today, it could very well be in their own mind. People were seeing both though long before we had the ability to communicate with each other the way we do now. Heck people have been seeing the old hag for as long as man has told stories. All over the world.

11 hours ago, Piney said:

One of Frank Herberts theories was with enough people believing you could create a independent god. What if they are literally Tulpas? 

Imagine that? lol I suppose it is possible. Rose once told me a story couple years ago about a shadow creature she believed to be a personal thought form who revealed itself to her husband completely independent from herself.

According to Frank's theory, would that God live on even if its believers had past on?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Impedancer said:

It's only your imagination creating it. the mind is a terrible thing to taste.

Overall I guess we have to assume this is true. But then, what isn't? Everything is in our minds. Literally everything.

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

According to Frank's theory, would that God live on even if its believers had past on?

The "dying" gods" concept has been around for a while. 

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I Rose once told me a story couple years ago about a shadow creature she believed to be a personal thought form who revealed itself to her husband completely independent from herself.

Rose could put together some serious stuff. :lol:

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Overall I guess we have to assume this is true. But then, what isn't? Everything is in our minds. Literally everything.

Yes we're in the matrix ;)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

When I first saw the man with the Top Hat he was very tall but completely blacked out Darker then Dark. I was pretty little and knew nothing about him before hand, he never said anything because it was if he had already spoken what he needed to say. The sun Flickered and I ended up already on the ground where i was standing. I dreamed of him three times through the years he became clearer every time by the end he was looking like Jeepers kreepers ,I smashed his face with a boulder. But they come in three the auditors of reality. 

• 2 months later...

I experienced a man in a top hat. It was a sort of sleep paralysis. I sat up and he was floating at the end of my bed looking over me. He had a black top hat, black suite, and a black goatee that was a bigger and came to a point at the tip. His hair was shoulder length and wavy and his face was white out. Couldn't see facial features. I sat up and I was instantly terrified. But my terror quickly turned to familiarity and curiosity. I asked him, "Do I know you"?

He replied,  "I don't know.  Do you know me??"

I said, "I think I do know you. Are you my grandfather or something"?  (I have never met either of my paternal grandfathers. One is unknown and the other I know for sure has passed away.)

He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Sure. Whatever. I'm your grandfather." 

I got the sense that he was just agreeing to whatever I said in order to not further scare me but also because it wasn't important. 

He floated toward the head of my bed where my pillows were and sat down. He pulled me closer and I laid my head on his lap. He started rubbing my head. Then he said, "Tell me!"

I said, "Tell you what?" 

He said, "Tell me what it is that you want right now. What are you looking for in life at this moment?" 

I told him what I wanted. What I needed more clarity about all while my head was still in his lap and he rubbed my head. 

When I finished telling him everything he then said to me, "Something very big is about to happen for you. Something good! I just want you to know that whatever happens, I will be here right by your side the entire time".

I cried. "Ok. Thank you so much." 

He continued to rub my head as the tears rolled down my face and quickly fell back into a deep sleep. 

The next day, it was all I could think about of course. Then I remembered where I had seen him. Or at least I think it was him. 

Several months prior to this event, I had done two past life regression hypnosis sessions. And in one, I resembled this man that I saw. I won't go into details about the era I was in and how I passed away in this hypnosis but I will say that this encounter I had was more comforting than anything. I have had dreams since then where I'm looking for him. And in these dreams, I call him John. I'm looking for John I'm the Victorian era. Everybody is wearing old fashioned clothing. Everyone is dead but they are alive in my dream and I asked them how they died and where I can find John. All while I'm my regular self wearing my regular clothing. 

Has anybody else ever had a positive experience with this top hat man?

Perhaps my top hat man was completely different from the top hat man that others have seen. 

• 10 months later...

I know its been like ages since this forum was used but when I was about 6 or 7 I had a weird dream about a man in a top hat. The dream wan't from my perspective, It was like someone was watching me in this dream. So basically I was in a forest with a tall man, he wore a black suit and he had a top hat. I was scared of him and started running from him. he walked behind me and I was sprinting but somehow his slow walks were just as fast as me running. In the dream I couldn't really see his face and it was like the dream didn't want to show me his face or something. I had this dream nearly every night for a couple weeks and didn't think much about it until this year when my friend said she has had a dream about this same man before. It's so weird because what everyone is writing is really freaky because it sounds like the exact same man from my dreams. 

On 1/31/2020 at 9:30 AM, JP85 said:

I experienced a man in a top hat. It was a sort of sleep paralysis. I sat up and he was floating at the end of my bed looking over me. He had a black top hat, black suite, and a black goatee that was a bigger and came to a point at the tip. His hair was shoulder length and wavy and his face was white out. Couldn't see facial features. I sat up and I was instantly terrified. But my terror quickly turned to familiarity and curiosity. I asked him, "Do I know you"?

He replied,  "I don't know.  Do you know me??"

I said, "I think I do know you. Are you my grandfather or something"?  (I have never met either of my paternal grandfathers. One is unknown and the other I know for sure has passed away.)

He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Sure. Whatever. I'm your grandfather." 

I got the sense that he was just agreeing to whatever I said in order to not further scare me but also because it wasn't important. 

He floated toward the head of my bed where my pillows were and sat down. He pulled me closer and I laid my head on his lap. He started rubbing my head. Then he said, "Tell me!"

I said, "Tell you what?" 

He said, "Tell me what it is that you want right now. What are you looking for in life at this moment?" 

I told him what I wanted. What I needed more clarity about all while my head was still in his lap and he rubbed my head. 

When I finished telling him everything he then said to me, "Something very big is about to happen for you. Something good! I just want you to know that whatever happens, I will be here right by your side the entire time".

I cried. "Ok. Thank you so much." 

He continued to rub my head as the tears rolled down my face and quickly fell back into a deep sleep. 

The next day, it was all I could think about of course. Then I remembered where I had seen him. Or at least I think it was him. 

Several months prior to this event, I had done two past life regression hypnosis sessions. And in one, I resembled this man that I saw. I won't go into details about the era I was in and how I passed away in this hypnosis but I will say that this encounter I had was more comforting than anything. I have had dreams since then where I'm looking for him. And in these dreams, I call him John. I'm looking for John I'm the Victorian era. Everybody is wearing old fashioned clothing. Everyone is dead but they are alive in my dream and I asked them how they died and where I can find John. All while I'm my regular self wearing my regular clothing. 

Has anybody else ever had a positive experience with this top hat man?

Perhaps my top hat man was completely different from the top hat man that others have seen. 

That sounds about the same to my top hat man except mine didnt have a goatie or hair that I could see. I was 5 or 6 when I saw him, though so it is really all a blur now. Possibly you had a positive experience with this man because you used to be him? 

I had a dream about Fred Astaire today! He still looks good in his top hat albeit a little faded, ghost like. Fred was handing me an invite which I assumed was for a wedding but knowing me I've interpreted it wrong. Prior to the invite, there was also mention of London and how long it would take to get there which was two days...Very weird! Anyways! Heaven! I'm in heaven...;)