Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Druids and Brahmins: A case of mistaken Indentity?

Scarlet Pimpernel

DRUIDS AND BRAHMINS: A CASE OF MISTAKEN IDENTITY?

"In an historical examination of the idea that the beliefs and practices of Druids and Brahmins were and are in some way related, this paper examines the literature of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries which sought to establish such connections."

http://www.uni-marburg.de/religionswissens...s/robinson.html

"The starting-point of Maurice´s discussion was the statement ´that the celebrated order of Druids ... were the immediate descendants of a tribe of Brahmins´ (Maurice 1812: 3-4)."

Wow!

"What followed was a complex and convoluted account of the ancient world and the migration of its peoples predicated upon the biblical events of the Great Flood and the destruction of the Tower of Babel (Maurice 1812: 2ff.)"

Back to the pre-Flood era. Atala - atalan - atalan-ti - atalantis. Sanskrit for Hell (bottomless)

"The Brahmin religion was traced even further back than settlement in India (Maurice 1812: 196-7). However, in India this religion took on a new form when the laws that had been introduced to the sub-continent were ´enlarged, purified and accommodated´ to the changed conditions (Maurice 1812: 197)."

The Aryan Invasions. The Aryans as the Fallen Ones who survived the destruction. Coming from Atala - hell.

"Yet this Brahmin religion was composed of a number of different groups, affiliated with ´Brahma, Veeshnu, Seeva and Buddha´ (Maurice 1812: 197). <12> According to Maurice, it was those Brahmin worshippers ´of the last-mentioned holy personage´ located in Tibet, for him the northernmost area of India, who were responsible for bringing the Brahmin religion, with which he equated Druidry, to Britain (Maurice 1812: 197)."

Himalayas no doubt.

"These Brahmins, also said by him to be ´versed in the sacred and civil institutes of Brahma´ (Maurice 1812: 15-16), were supposed to have migrated throughout Asia, mixed with Celtic peoples and then migrated into Europe until eventually they reached Britain in the far West (Maurice 1812: 197). So it was that ´the Druid, that is, Brahmin system of superstition [was founded] in ancient Britain´ (Maurice 1812: 197)."

Truly incredible. Connect the dots people.

And the current head of the Church of England, the Archbishop of Canterbury, is an ordained Druid, or really a Brahim?

Archbishop of Canterbury becomes a Druid

http://www.druidorder.demon.co.uk/archie.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/2172408.stm

Edited title.. you don't need to shout thanks.. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Celti

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scarlet Pimpernel

• WorkMonkey

• antares

• SilverCougar

Top Posters In This Topic

Any historical investigation into ancient Druidism is severely hampered by the fact that there is only a handful of historic sources concerning them, everything else is made up.

Any historical investigation into ancient Druidism is severely hampered by the fact that there is only a handful of historic sources concerning them, everything else is made up.

Because history is writen by the concurers.

Sad as it is.

Actually if you had bothered to read the article then you would have realised that the list of material is quite substantial and most of it from "reputable" academic sources.

You would also realise the very word Druid is actually a Sanskrit word:

Dru-id

Meaning someone who venerates wood, a tree worshipper.

Not actually far from the truth.

Anyone who doesn't believe me can actually look it up in the Sanskrit-English Online Dictionaries:

http://www.foreignword.com/Tools/dictsrch....es/f_116_40.htm

Just type "dru" for your first search converting Sanskrit to English and then type "id" for the next search. OK, to piece it together you need some knowledge but you will see that veneration is one the meanings of "id", while wood is the meaning of "dru".

Coincidence? Across several thousand years and several thousand years?

These were the sources for the academic study conducted by Bath University into these links.

BIBLIOGRAPHY

Barot, R.,1994, 'Hinduism and Hindus in Europe' in S. Gill, G. D'Costa & U. King (eds) Religion in Europe: Contemporary Perspectives, Kampen: Kok Pharos, pp.68-85.

Basham, A.L., 1967, The Wonder That Was India, (Third Edition), London: Sidgwick & Jackson.

Burrow, Reuben, n.d., 'A Proof that the Hindoos had the Binomial Theorem', Asiatic Researches vol. ii: 388-395; First published 1790.

Burton, Robert, 1932, The Anatomy of Melancholy, London: Dent.

Caesar, Julius, 1951, The Conquest of Gaul, S.A. Handford (tr.), Harmondsworth: Penguin.

Chadwick, Nora, 1997,The Druids, (Second Edition), Cardiff: Cardiff University Press

Clement, of Alexandria, 1867, The Writings of Clement of Alexandria, (trans.) William Wilson (Anti-Nicene Library: Translations of the Writings of the Fathers down to A.D. 325 (ed.) Alexander Roberts and James Donaldson vol. IV Clement of Alexandria vol. Edinburgh: T. and T. Clark.

Davies, Edward, 1804, Celtic Researches, London: Author.

Dow, Alexander, 1770, The History of Hindostan vol. I (Second Edition), London: S. Beckert and P.A. de Hondt, (Reprint Edition 1973 New Delhi: Today and Tomorrow's Printers and Publishers).

Drew, John, 1987, India and the Romantic Imagination, New Delhi: Oxford University Press.

Higgins, Godfrey, 1829, The Celtic Druids, London: Rowland Hunter; Hurst & Chance; Ridgway and Sons, (Reprint Edition 1977 Los Angeles: The Philosophical Research Society).

Jones, Prudence & Pennick, Nigel, 1995, A History of Pagan Europe, London: Routledge.

Jones, William, n.d., 'On the Gods of Greece, Italy and India', Asiatic Researches vol. I :188-235, First published 1789.

Klostermaier, Klaus, 1994, A Survey of Hinduism, (Second Edition), Albany; State University of New York Press.

Laertius, Diogenes, 1853, The Lives and Opinions of Eminent Philosophers, (trans.) C.D. Yonge, London: Henry G. Bohn.

Marshall, P. J. (ed.), 1970, The British Discovery of Hinduism in the Eighteenth Century, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.

Maurice, Thomas, 1812, Indian Antiquities vol. vi Containing Dissertations on the Origin of the Druids and the Commerce of Hindostan, London: Author

Monier-Williams, Monier, 1899, Sanskrit-English Dictionary (Second Edition), Oxford: Oxford University Press.(Reprint Edition 1976 New Delhi: Munshiram Manoharlal Publishers).

Muller, F. Max, 1883, India: What Can It Teach Us? London: Longmans, Green and Company

Philostratus, Flavius, 1912, The Life of Apollonius of Tyana (trans.), F.C. Conybeare, London: Heinemann.

Piggott, Stuart, 1985a, The Druids, London: Thames and Hudson.

Piggott, Stuart, 1985b, William Stukeley: An Eighteenth Century Antiquary, (Second Edition), London: Thames and Hudson.

Piggott, Stuart, 1989, Ancient Britons and the Antiquarian Imagination:

Ideas from the Renaissance to the Regency, London: Thames and Hudson.

Said, Edward, 1995, Orientalism: Western Conceptions of the Orient (Second Edition), Harmondsworth: Penguin.

Sharpe, E.J., 1975, Comparative Religion: A History, London: Duckworth

York, Michael, 1995, The Divine versus the Asurian: An Interpretation of Indo-European Cult and Myth, Bethesda: International Scholars Publications.

END

I am lost, please help me out here... So you are saying that druids and brahmins have the same beliefs because they got their knowledge from the survivors of Atlantis? And the people from Atlantis are referred as people from Hell?

I am trying to see the points you are making with this post and your previous ones. And to me it seems like you are implying that dark dorces in the form of fallen ones, or Atlantis survivors, or ascended himalayan teachers are in charge of the world. Is this the case or I am not interpreting your posts correctly?

Hi Antares,

"I am lost, please help me out here... So you are saying that druids and brahmins have the same beliefs because they got their knowledge from the survivors of Atlantis? And the people from Atlantis are referred as people from Hell?"

That is about the long and short of it, yes!

"I am trying to see the points you are making with this post and your previous ones. And to me it seems like you are implying that dark dorces in the form of fallen ones, or Atlantis survivors, or ascended himalayan teachers are in charge of the world. Is this the case or I am not interpreting your posts correctly? "

They are not yet fully in charge. There are pockets of resistance (like Muslims, Christians, Jews and Sikhs who understand). But for some reason they are also committed to their prophecies.

The Jews have to return to Zion so that their Anti-Christ can manifest. The first part was accomplished by that Aryan Hitler. See how many countries refused the Jews entry. It was go to Palestine or die in Germany. Britain and USA both turned away Jews. I believe that many people are seeding "end times" Christianity in the US, they are also selling the idea of the Zionist conspiracy.

Have a look at the One US dollar. There is even a Star of David above the eagle. The Star of David has nothing to do with Jews but is rather the two triangles, one up, one down, representing the Trinity of the Vedics and the masculine and the feminine. It was only adopted by the World Zionist League in 1897. Has nothing to do with Judaism at all. But it is a perfect 666, six sides, six points, six triangles.

The US has the most Jews outside of Palestine. How to get comfortable people to move from the luxury of US to Palestine is a problem. Perhaps they want to see an Anti-Zionist US Government? What better way to achieve this than by convincing Americans that they are controlled by Jews.

Read Revelations since I think this forms some kind of plan. The same goes for Nostradamus. He was no prophet, he was a member of the Priory of Sion, he was one one the Planners.

Here is the scarlet whore "Mystery" in all her glory, riding the golden calf of Baal, upon the many waters and seven hills that is the Treaty of Rome.

http://soldierofthelord.othersingles.com/i...ages/europa.jpg

This was the stamp released in the UK to commemorate the 2nd European Union Parliamentary Elections.

Read Revelations 17 and 18 and then look at that stamp.

The whore is the MYSTERY religion of Babylon, the New Age Vedic Brahminic religion of the New World Order.

The beast she is sitting on is Baal - representing The Temple of Man, Baal means Lord or Man.

The seven heads are the seven mountains. The same section of Revelations refers to the city that rules the kingdoms of the Earth - Rome of the seven hills.

The many waters she has sat on includes - Tigris, Euphrates, the Nile, the Tiber, etc

The ten heads, the ten kings who have had no kings are the ten administrative regions of the forthcoming United Nations One World Government. These kings have never had kingdoms (obviously) and give power to the beast - the United Nations.

In another part of the Revelations it is said the Dragon shall give power to the Beast. The Dragon is the "claimed" Merovingian Bloodline of the Holy Grail i.e. the seed of David, Jesus.

The Mark of the Beast is therefore, obviously, the "so-called" Star of David, since any so-called descendant of David would obviously take a perceived sign of David. That pagan symbol of the hexagram representing the combination of the male triangle with the female triangle is the Star of David. It has nothing to do with David but was adopted by the Zionist movement (the Jews who are NOT Jews) as their symbol.

If you look at the so-called Star of David you will see it contains 6 triangles, 6 sides, that make a 6 pointed star. The hexagram is your perfect 6, the number of man. Count the number of the Beast.

Revelations 2:

"9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."

The Jews who are not the Jews

The Christians who are not the Christians

The great deception. The New World Order in all its glory. The Fallen Angels in their glory.

As I said, they are not yet in charge of the world. They are getting close since they manipulate everywhere to make their World Order become a reality. It is deception upon deception since people will have to WELCOME them.

When the Ascended Masters make their appearance it is as with the Vampire. You have to invite them in for them to have power over you. But my belief is that they will cause so much chaos on our planet that most will welcome them.

What we don't know is what God will do. He has frustrated them before, he will do so again. He doesn't reveal his Plans, when you see prophecy they are simply the grandiose plans of men and fallen ones.

God is One. His Will be Done.

Scamp

Well, I read the Revelation numerous times but I am a very cautious with any interpretations of it. I guess the text can be easily manipulated in any direction so for now I accept the revelation simply as a vision of a prophet without trying to put any events, figures or dates behind it.

Also I am not comfortable with the idea that Atlantis means hell and the eventual survivors are the forces of darkness. The fact that the ascended masters are evil does not make sense to me too. I could not folow the relation between them and the vampires. It will really help to me and I guess to other curious members of this forum if you present your ideas in a short and a consistent way rather than provinding tons of information that is hard to digest and follow. Don't get me wrong, I am interested in what you have to say, just it is too much information without a logical connection, but this is my personal opinion...

Again, as I said you can't base any theory about where the Druids came from or their beliefs because we have no records on it. Modern druidism is just a hotch potch of 19th century revival and new age ideals its should not be took as a basis on which to understand ancient Druidism and I'd love to see the source that prooves otherwise.

Again, as I said you can't base any theory about where the Druids came from or their beliefs because we have no records on it. Modern druidism is just a hotch potch of 19th century revival and new age ideals its should not be took as a basis on which to understand ancient Druidism and I'd love to see the source that prooves otherwise.

Actually the research was based on Greek, Latin and other older sources of the Druids. Of course we have some records of it and of course evidence has been dug up about it. We have artefacts and such like. That is the normal way that we piece together the lives and belief systems of the Ancients and the not so ancients.

This is common practice and is usually accepted. May I propose that it is not the research into the Druids that you so dislike but the link back to the Brahmins and their methods of operation. Had the author just presented the life of Druids I suspect you may not have been raising the same points.

The rather unsettling picture that emerges is of a wandering group of people who have sought to dominate many and all cultures on this planet. There is evidence of this appearing from Egypt, the Arab countries, the Celtic races and much more.

Scamp