Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Mysterious Egyptian Tri-Lobed Disc

louie

6 hours ago, aquatus1 said:

I stand by my position.

c4db509a093a8b7df7d1670a0191da46.jpg

Is that a fruit and nut chain reactor / particle accelerator    ?   i see you are using ice as a coolant .   

But really, it should have a warning on it  ;       ' May contain nut particles '  . 

• Like 2

Well, I don't see the nuts, but those banana slices give it away.

Harte

1 hour ago, back to earth said:

Is that a fruit and nut chain reactor / particle accelerator    ?   i see you are using ice as a coolant .   

But really, it should have a warning on it  ;       ' May contain nut particles '  . 

1 hour ago, Harte said:

Well, I don't see the nuts, but those banana slices give it away.

Harte

You two are usually bananas and always nuts.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ctrout said:

presented clear professional manor.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN2ZTcquGHd4XZrYPyLs9

To the few.... add a pipe 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQl3HKSFfcrJ27pUggKa4

Sorry..

I will not be back.

Bye now.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The Butler said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQl3HKSFfcrJ27pUggKa4

Wasn't that pipe one of the "artifacts" found in the "tomb" in the Akhenaten thread?

Sorry, can't let that go. :innocent:

• Like 1

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Wasn't that pipe one of the "artifacts" found in the "tomb" in the Akhenaten thread?

It wouldn't look at all out of place there.  

2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

It looks like some sort of incense burner decorated with demonic feline iconography. Probably used for vile worship rituals involving hallucinogenic substances.

• Like 2

Look, its all good fun, but really, we should put a warning in here ;

Kids - do not   drill holes in the back of the microwave, insert a pipe , fill with  some rusty well water  and  ....  etc . 

Related image

Related image

Related image

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

It looks like some sort of incense burner decorated with demonic feline iconography. Probably used for vile worship rituals involving hallucinogenic substances.

Why, of course it is. Such a device is required in every household. Yours is in the mail and will arrive in three to five days.

Now, bow to your Benevolent Exalted Feline Overlords!

cat-devil-horns-halloween.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, back to earth said:

This thread should have the same warning.

• Like 3

But it is a nice bowl - piece of art. So much so that the family of the dead guy decided he needed to take it with him to heaven.

12 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Why, of course it is. Such a device is required in every household. Yours is in the mail and will arrive in three to five days.

I am a practitioner of piety to our benevolent Past Basset Masters. Any such demonic idolatry received will be destroyed in accordance to their wishes immediately followed with proper offerings of ham in supplication to purge the unclean demonic presence from my sanctuary.

Please keep such blasphemous feline heresy to yourself and I shall make prayers on your behalf that our Basset Masters bless you with wisdom to see the folly of your ways, turning away from such heresy. I hope you find through them(may their ears be ever long), both the peace and joy missing in your life with the misguided adherence to a fallacious faith in false feline deities.

Edited by Jarocal
  • Like 3

Dont be too hard on him ....  thats kmt's cat     ( he dresses him up in little outfits and takes 'cat selfies' of him ) . 

But, we all know what cats are really like - when they are not dressed up  and trying to look important ; 

Image result for stupid cat gif

Oh my God ...you  idiot !   

... look,  this is how ya do it    ( I mean ... seriously ???  )

Related image

Sheeeeesh ! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

A cat is in the animal world what a rosebud is in the garden. Robert Southey
https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/r/robert_southey.html

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Having looked over the Schist disc, and similar objects, I suspect they are components for water fountains.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Having looked over the Schist disc, and similar objects, I suspect they are components for water fountains.

Maybe but why would just one disc be put into a guys tomb?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Like I said in the other thread. A "no touchy" phiale and if it was used to pour over a large offering fire, maybe it needed a long stick so you kept your bangs, eye lashes and brows. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patera

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

It was the handle on the control valve for the cold water co2 geyser they used to construct the pyramid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

It was the handle on the control valve for the cold water co2 geyser they used to construct the pyramid.

What are you farting around for? Get to making one! :angry:

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Generally grave goods are there to accompany their owner into the afterlife.  Given that this object may have needed to be made to a high degree of precision, perhaps he would need it for his new home's fountain in Sekhet-Aaru, rather than paying for a new one to be made by afterlife artisans?

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Generally grave goods are there to accompany their owner into the afterlife.  Given that this object may have needed to be made to a high degree of precision, perhaps he would need it for his new home's fountain in Sekhet-Aaru, rather than paying for a new one to be made by afterlife artisans?

wellll....it was kinda sloppily made despite also being a technical achievement. Maybe he just liked it.

• Thanks 1