Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

JOURNEY TO THE EDGE OF THE UNIVERSE

Test Subject

This was an absolutely fascinating program. The imagery was incredible and everything was presented in an organized manner that was easy to follow (despite the pesky commercial breaks).

One thing that stood out to me was the way they presented everything as fact. Never did they say "it is believed that..." or "studies indicate..." they presented this show as conclusions not theories.

Anyone familiar with the main source of their conclusions? The Spitzer Space Telescope?

Any insight to that question would be much appreciated as would any other comments on this show.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ExpandMyMind

• Wyvernkeeper

• Test Subject

• War Eagle

could be the hubble deep field.

the majority of things said when it comes to astronomy is theories. astronomers cannot possibly prove everything they say. we just accept these things as fact until we find something that makes even more sence or something with a bit more proof.

i prefer watching "the universe" on the history channel :D

Edited by dr alien

could be the hubble deep field.

the majority of things said when it comes to astronomy is theories. astronomers cannot possibly prove everything they say. we just accept these things as fact until we find something that makes even more sence or something with a bit more proof.

i prefer watching "the universe" on the history channel :D

there has been some great stuff on Nat Geo and The Science channel. Sometimes the stuff on the History Channel is a bit old.

yeah i just finished watching it. one of the baldwin brothers narrating eh?

it was awesome though, i love programmes of that kind that help to understand the true extent of the vastness of the universe.

yeah i just finished watching it. one of the baldwin brothers narrating eh?

it was awesome though, i love programmes of that kind that help to understand the true extent of the vastness of the universe.

If you liked that, there may be a bbc documentary called 'whats the time' that you might quite like... Not sure where you'd get hold of it but it might appear on bbc iplayer again. It was presented by Dr Brian Cox and was trying to quantify what we see as time, very interesting... lots of huge eons and vast amounts of space that were discussed.

If you liked that, there may be a bbc documentary called 'whats the time' that you might quite like... Not sure where you'd get hold of it but it might appear on bbc iplayer again. It was presented by Dr Brian Cox and was trying to quantify what we see as time, very interesting... lots of huge eons and vast amounts of space that were discussed.

cant watch it on the iplayer atm. that things stupid as hell man. we pay a TV licence and we should be able to watch any of their, mostly crappy, shows anytime we want.

i searched for it on google aswell but no joy, it sounds cool though, think ill look for something similar.

Anyone familiar with the main source of their conclusions? The Spitzer Space Telescope?

Posted an article on that way back in the UFO forum.

Think they use it to map out ours and other galaxies, from a bird's eye view so to speak. Don't know how accurate it is tho(?)