Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens are future human time travellers

Ashyne

Do you think aliens are future humans?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think aliens are future humans?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

On 3/11/2009 at 4:57 AM, Emma_Acid said:

Yep, and the solar system is moving through the galaxy and the galaxy through the universe. To calculate where in space using the universe as a background we were at any one time would be prohibitively complicated.

edit - ps - the 370 km/sec was how fast our solar system moves through the galaxy, sorry, should have mentioned that.

So if we tried to time travel back an hour to the same point in space we were at the exact moment of leaving, we'd find ourselves something in the region of 1,332,000 miles from earth (thats not taking into account the earth moving through our local system).

Unless, as I said, there is something in the laws of physics that I'm missing that makes this point irrelevant, but I can't think what it is.

Don't forget about relativity: relative motion and relative frames of reference.  There is no zero point to measure against.  The earth is moving relative to the sun, the solar system relative to the galaxy, our galaxy relative to others,  If a time machine blinked out of present time while resting in a lab in Chicago, and reappeared 25000 years earlier, would it still be sitting in future Chicago? perhaps the gravitational field of the earth is a reference. If it appears in space, the same place that the earth will appear in space 25000 years in the future, does that not imply and absolute frame of reference and position?  That would contradict what we currently understand about relativity I think.

What aliens?:huh:

On 3/11/2009 at 5:53 AM, TheResearcher said:

Time travel can be done, at least theoretically. But currently we just cannot produce enough energy to do it.

correction. we do not produce the right energy yet. gotta be magnetic 

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The one's that necroposted this thread.:mellow:

Oh. Must be illegal aliens.