Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Rock

Kabri

December 1993, I added this in my notes:

The Rock

Unfortunately, I did not add the source. From the notes:

"The Rock - said to have mystical powers to bring luck found in a stream by two young boys exploring"

"Not made by Native Americans"

From the reference to Native Americans, I assume that it is in North America. I have been unable to translate the glyphs or to find any information. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kabri

• Wolf MacCanine

• Rmhuntley

• Gatofeo

Huh?

What kind of "source" is this?

Just a scanned-in page of notebook paper with crude drawings on it?

Where were these symbols found? When? Under what circumstances?

This is nothing.

Huh?

What kind of "source" is this?

Just a scanned-in page of notebook paper with crude drawings on it?

Where were these symbols found? When? Under what circumstances?

This is nothing.

*sighs heavily and shakes head in disbelief*

Dear Gatofeo,

Thank you so very much for responding. If I had the information you ask for, I would not have posted a request for assistance in locating it.

Would love to help you, but you're giving us absolutely nothing to go on. The symbols on the "map" look like they were just meant for the mapmaker, and can mean almost anything. IF you can give us even a little history on where you heard of te artifact or how you came into possession of the map, that may help as it might give us something to go on

Would love to help you, but you're giving us absolutely nothing to go on. The symbols on the "map" look like they were just meant for the mapmaker, and can mean almost anything. IF you can give us even a little history on where you heard of te artifact or how you came into possession of the map, that may help as it might give us something to go on

Totally agree. I've tried to do a bit on internet research but without anything else to go on it's impossible without more information from the OP.

December 1993, I added this in my notes:

The Rock

Unfortunately, I did not add the source. From the notes:

"The Rock - said to have mystical powers to bring luck found in a stream by two young boys exploring"

"Not made by Native Americans"

From the reference to Native Americans, I assume that it is in North America. I have been unable to translate the glyphs or to find any information. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

All I can give you as far as information is that they mentioned this on an episode of Unsolved Mysteries,and if I remember correctly,the stone was found along a riverbed in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S. (I may be wrong on this,as it has been several years since I last saw that episode,it may have been the Northeast Atlantic area).

The episode mentioned that one of the boys showed it to his father,and I believe they mentioned that it is still with the family.

I searched every resource for native american iconography that I could find. came up with nothing. I'll look for the unsolved mysteries episode and see of they yield any more info.

<edit> after lots of digging, the rock was discussed in season one of unsolved mysteries, episode 7. the rock was found in Washington state. I'm still trying to locate the episode, and it would be helpfull to know what source you used to draw your "map"</edit>

Edited by Rmhuntley

THANK YOU, Rmhuntley, sarah snow, and Wolf MacCanine, so very much for responding! Your efforts are appreciated beyond measure.

Since I have been able to write, I have been collecting snippets of mysterious things and happenings. Unfortunately, a little girl doesn't think about adding the 'source'. I do not know where 'The Rock' was cited. Perhaps it was that episode of Unsolved Mysteries as I have always been fascinated by the unknown.

Again, THANK YOU! You have given me a wealth of information to start with... which is fantastic!

{{{hugs}}}

~Kabri

THANK YOU, Rmhuntley, sarah snow, and Wolf MacCanine, so very much for responding! Your efforts are appreciated beyond measure.

Since I have been able to write, I have been collecting snippets of mysterious things and happenings. Unfortunately, a little girl doesn't think about adding the 'source'. I do not know where 'The Rock' was cited. Perhaps it was that episode of Unsolved Mysteries as I have always been fascinated by the unknown.

Again, THANK YOU! You have given me a wealth of information to start with... which is fantastic!

{{{hugs}}}

~Kabri

You're welcome.

As soon as I saw the drawing that you posted,it brought back the memory of the Unsolved Mysteries episode that I had seen. My memory may not be as clean and streamlined as it once was,but I still remember many snippets (such as bits from TV shows) and where I saw them.

Hopefully you will be able to find more information on this. I too thought this was an interesting little story.