Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The mothman dilemma

UM-Bot

Image credit: Kevin Myers
Image credit: Kevin Myers
Paul Dale Roberts: As I am driving the Ghost Tracker vehicle around Sacramento, I come upon the Tower Bridge that allows travelers to go from West Sacramento into Old Sacramento. I am listening to High Time We Went by Joe Cocker and 4 Minutes by Madonna & Justin Timberlake. The day is beautiful and the music is upbeat. I keep surveying the bridge, because of an unusual email that I received.

Here is the partial email:

"Hey Paul, looking forward to the upcoming scouting mission. I had an unusual experience 3 weeks ago, my buddy and I were crossing over the Tower Bridge and we saw this huge black thing with huge wings fly off the bridge and go down the Sacramento River. I was thinking, could this be the Mothman? What do you think? I wish I could have taken a picture of this thing, it was sure big! No way could it be a bird!"

Now, that I am driving around the Tower Bridge, I am looking for any signs or indications that a big black thing was on the bridge. I don't see any signs of imprints, large feathers or anything else that I can see from my vantage points at the bridge. My Mothman investigation becomes inconclusive. I asked the person that emailed me, if he had been drinking or on any kind of narcotics. His response was definitely 'no'.

I can only wonder if he is influenced by the movie or the book, the Mothman Prophesies. He claims he never read the book, but has seen the movie on DVD. The Mothman was prevalent during 1966, when the Mothman was first sighted by David & Linda Scarberry & Steve & Mary Mallette.

The two couples claimed the creature was at least 7 feet tall, with a huge wing span. It walked upright like a man and had two very red eyes. The Mothman was first sighted near the West Virginia Ordnance Works, an abandoned WWII TNT factory.

I can only wonder if this abandoned WWII TNT factory could have opened up some kind of dimensional rift that allowed Mothmen creatures to enter our reality. Scientists theorize that our Multiverse is made up of many universes that are side-by-side with each other. These universal membranes are so close, that if you can find wormholes or dimensional intersections, you could go from one dimensional universe to another. Could the Mothman somehow come into our dimension via a dimensional wormhole or intersection created by the West Virginia Ordnance Works?

For a good while, people of Point Pleasant reported seeing this creature, it was also reported that the Men in Black were involved in interrogating witnesses. I can only wonder why, we are not being visited by the Mothmen on a more frequent basis, like the Bigfoot. I heard one report that the Mothman was seen before 9/11 at the Twin Towers. This was never verified as true. Some people theorize that the Mothman appears before a disaster, since he appeared before the Silver Bridge Collapse in Point Pleasant and wasn't seen afterwards or the sightings dwindled down to nothing.

It will be interesting to see if anything disastrous happens in Sacramento...if what my email friend says is true. That he and his buddy saw something that could have been the Mothman on that night. I can only wait and see. But, to be honest, I doubt it.

Paul Dale Roberts, HPI General Manager, Paranormal Investigator & Ghostwriter
Shannon McCabe's HPI
Haunted and Paranormal Investigations International
www.HPIparanormal.net
Most Haunted House in Stockton Videos Part 1 and 2:

Paul on Wikipedia, click link below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Dale_Roberts
www.jazmaonline.com
Staff Writer - Alien Seeker News - http://www.alienseekernews.com/
WPRT Paranormal Radio - Content Editor
Email: JazmaPika@cs.com
Paranormal Cellular Hotline: 916 203 7503 (for comments on this story).

If you have a possible investigation call: 1-888-709-4HPI

Copyright © 2009 Paul Dale Roberts, HPI Ghostwriter Copyright © 2009 all rights reserved.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jbondo

• Ell

• Samuronin

• Professor Buzzkill

mothman is actually the evil twin of batman.

If he was a twin of batman, wouldn't he be a bat instead of a moth?

I've always been intrigued by Mothman for some reason. Maybe due to the fact that many extremely strange and unexplainable things happened in Point Pleasant during that time. I'll never forget those pics of what appears to be a very large winged creature on top of the bridge and then taking flight from it's perch.

Are there worm holes or dimensional rifts that allow other beings to enter our world? Could these portals explain some of the mysterious disappearances of people? Can you imagine accidentally stepping thru a portal into another world? I don't know if I'd try to get right back or be so inquisitive as to have to chance an investigation. Of course you may not have a choice as the hole could just open long enough to step thru and then close.

Who knows what may be.....?

I've always been interested on Mothman........

I can only wonder if this abandoned WWII TNT factory could have opened up some kind of dimensional rift

Naw, you got it the wrong way around. That factory in the sixties was used by the mothman as his moth cave. My paternal grandfather was still alive at that time as well. The other night I dreamed about him and he told me that in those days he sold manually operated dimensional rift machines. The mothman was one of the people who ordered such a machine and my grandfather sent one to his secret mothman address. I dunno what happened, but since then the mothman has not been seen again, so I guess that he used the machine to make a dimensional rift and stepped through it into unreality. So he did not enter our world through a dimensional rift, but instead left the world through a dimensional rift.

My mother still has a couple of them manually operated dimensional rift machines in her shed. They have rusted a bit, but they are still functional. They look just like pairs of nail clippers. B)

Ell there are still things we do not know. Even if they sound crazy it still might be true

Ell there are still things we do not know. Even if they sound crazy it still might be true

Nevertheless there are plenty of things that we do know about the functioning of the universe. I prefer sensible solutions that conform to that knowledge, however hypothetical, over crazy unproven solutions. Dimensional rift nonsense is just that: utter madness. What mental institution did he escape from? Mothman may have been a true phenomenon, but no one will take that phenomenon seriously when someone who did not take his medication starts to spout dimensional rift nonsense. Or does he do that on purpose: in order to discredit a genuine phenomenon?

Nevertheless there are plenty of things that we do know about the functioning of the universe. I prefer sensible solutions that conform to that knowledge, however hypothetical, over crazy unproven solutions. Dimensional rift nonsense is just that: utter madness. What mental institution did he escape from? Mothman may have been a true phenomenon, but no one will take that phenomenon seriously when someone who did not take his medication starts to spout dimensional rift nonsense. Or does he do that on purpose: in order to discredit a genuine phenomenon?

What constitutes genuine phenomenon? I mean, if black holes, worm holes and dark matter, etc...allegedly exist in space then who are you to put limitations on what is or is not possible? Of course a dimensional rift sounds crazy and odds are it probably is but keeping an open mind is always best IMO. I was hoping my questions above would garner some useful responses not verify existence.

if black holes, worm holes and dark matter, etc...allegedly exist in space

See the weak spot: allegedly. None of these things have ever been proven to exist. Their alleged existence is merely a surmise, or even worse: a fantasy.

The mothman and his occurrence is a very interesting story, but its too bad there was no physical evidence collected. Who can really say what happened....

BTW that girl in your signature is ridiculously hot, and i usually think that having pics like that in a sig are kinda lame, but I give those pics a pass.

I've actually never heard of a so-called Mothman. But then again, there are many weird stories and theories out there. Meh...

Mothman is kinda a combination of a Cryptid, an Extraterrestrial, and is associated with the paranormal. That is why he is so interesting for me.... ;)

I've actually never heard of a so-called Mothman. But then again, there are many weird stories and theories out there. Meh...

You should definitely read the book or at least see the movie. I thought the movie was extra creepy.

Star Man: You said you took a picture of the "white bat", so where is it. The pictures @ your blog look like blurry pictures of insects. No offense.

Consider Moth Man actually forewarned people of disaster, this does not sound evil to me but rather benevolent. Thinking about what this thing looks like perhaps an insectoid type of alien like the praying mantis type supposedly millions of years more advanced than we are maybe?

Edited by cerberusxp

Nah you're thinking of Owlman, that dude from The Watchmen.

• 1 month later...
I've always been intrigued by Mothman for some reason. Maybe due to the fact that many extremely strange and unexplainable things happened in Point Pleasant during that time. I'll never forget those pics of what appears to be a very large winged creature on top of the bridge and then taking flight from it's perch.

Are there worm holes or dimensional rifts that allow other beings to enter our world? Could these portals explain some of the mysterious disappearances of people? Can you imagine accidentally stepping thru a portal into another world? I don't know if I'd try to get right back or be so inquisitive as to have to chance an investigation. Of course you may not have a choice as the hole could just open long enough to step thru and then close.

Who knows what may be.....?

You should read "The Chronicles of Amber" by Roger Zelazny... interesting books ;)