Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Killer Essay Topic!

Open Grave Deity

Greetings.

I'm in the research process for an essay for my English class, and I need a little help.

My essay is going to be about 'Urban Legends.' More importantly, their origins, their messages, and why they continue to linger in todays society. Also, 'monsters' such as the Sasquatch, Loch Ness Monster, Mothmen, Werewolves and Vampires will be a part of the whole 'history' type of subject.

The point of the essay is basically to learn about these things as much as I can. So what I am asking for from you kind peoples is link to sites that contain information that would be of use to me and the article.

Thanks To Those Who Can Help. original.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Open Grave Deity

• Mentalcase

• zygon

• <bleeding_heart>

So what I am asking for from you kind peoples is link to sites that contain information that would be of use to me and the article.

Thanks To Those Who Can Help. original.gif

Well, not to be sarcastic sounding, but all of these topics are searchable on this forum and the main site. thumbsup.gif

the first thing tht popped into my head when you said urban legends was actually the darwin awards urban legend section tongue.gifDA Urban legends

but as MC said, lots of stuff on this site and also a quick click about on google can uncover loads of stuff

google results i didnt look at the links so i dont know what horrors i may have uncovered. but hey. lol

Well, not to be sarcastic sounding, but all of these topics are searchable on this forum and the main site. thumbsup.gif

rolleyes.gif

I know they are. But I'm just looking for more resources, if you understand me. Can never have too much to read, I suppose. sleep.gif

thumbup.gif

"Too Good To Be True - The Colossal Book Of Urban Legends" by Jan Harold Brunvand - published by Norton. original.gif

What if you go out and do some real ghost hunting? wink2.gif

Surely a ghost picture in your paper will be nice.. tongue.gif

Actually, no need to go 'ghost hunting' where I live. You people might not believe me, but where I come from it's not unusual for a person to be visited by spirits. I personally know people that communicate and see them on a daily basis.

And, btw, I changed my topic. I'm now writing about the Mafia. Wish me luck, for I will need it at just the time when the regret starts to kick in. lol.