Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Immortality' for £10 a week

UM-Bot

Image credit: Wikipedia
Image credit: Wikipedia
More and more people are having their bodies cryogenically frozen after death in the hope that one day they can be revived and continue to live on in the future. What was originally a service available to the wealthy is now becoming accessable to everyone else with prices being driven down to as little as £10 a week.

"It sounds like the loopiest science fiction, but - like Simon Cowell - scores of middle-class couples are paying £10 a week for their bodies to be frozen when they die. So can you really buy immortality for the price of a pizza? When Adele Cosgrove Bray decided to share her hopes for the future with her husband, it was not quite the reaction she was looking for. 'I'd never seen anyone laugh so much,' she reflects ruefully. 'It took me a good 15 minutes to convince him I was serious.' "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Daily Mail

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kevin7557

• Eldorado

• UM-Bot

• Rlyeh

same as the Egyptian. the different is , the Egyptian method is pay once last forever . this one is until you run out of money. i wonder what happen then.

If any of you have seen my post about a theoretical technology called the Concious Project. In summary it was a sci-fi concept that involved enhansing ones concious via means of technology while keeping the body in an immobal state. This would essentially be the tech to keep the body immobile in a preserved state as the concious can not surpass the bodies existance as that would result in death and spiritisation if you will. Basically a more powerful version of the stargazer (stargate relative project). Just chiming in on that.

Really really Interesting!!

So, 10 pounds per week if i understood it right.

It means 510 pounds per year and probably it's going to sit in the fridge at least for next 80 years. That makes 10 pounds per week to look like 40 800 punds if you don't want your body thrown out before there's any hope for you.

I think I still prefer cremation, though it could be fun sitting in an icecube for years...

so if we get fired from our jobs a few months after we were frozen for poor attendance and cant afford to pay them, do we get unfrozen ?

If I die of old age, I don't think I'll be ressurecting myself down the road as an 80 year old man. What's the point in that? It would be worth it if you were to start your new life in the future in your early 20s. Atleast you get to experience new eras.

so if we get fired from our jobs a few months after we were frozen for poor attendance and cant afford to pay them, do we get unfrozen ?

eeeehm what ?

I don't want to end up waking up in the future when people use three sea shells after doing their poopoo

With my luck they'd wake me up just in time to see the sun in it's death thro's.

Cremation for everyone! Oh, accept for the rich people and the crooked politicians that get free rides to the new planet.

Edited by jbondo

I think I still prefer cremation, though it could be fun sitting in an icecube for years...

Oooh, that does sound fun. I think I'll take my chances and get buried - I quite like the idea of people digging up my skeleton in centuries to come.

I guess the problem with immortality is, if you did have it you would probably still age.

Actually the problem with never dieing is actually death. When you never die all you will see around is death. All your friends will die and you will not. Your family will pass on and you will stay here. So much death actually could be quite depressing.

It'd be fine so long as nobody left the freezer door open... :o

• 4 weeks later...
Actually the problem with never dieing is actually death. When you never die all you will see around is death. All your friends will die and you will not. Your family will pass on and you will stay here. So much death actually could be quite depressing.

Not if everyone gets their immortality ;) , although that would propably result in overpopulation...

Edited by jnersn

Yeah probably. Then we will have to expand into space.

• 2 years later...

That would be so cool. We could live side by side with our great great great great grandchildren...

Being dead and frozen, doesn't sound like immortality.

Being dead and frozen, doesn't sound like immortality.

:tu::lol:

And paying for the privilege!

Edited by Eldorado

Nah...I'll pass - I haven't enjoyed it enough to want it to go on forever. Not in THIS body :w00t: