Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Waking up at exactly 3 am every night

lookingfortruth

This is really scaring me. The last couple of nights have really sucked. i always have some bad dream about ghosts or something then i wake up at exactly 3 am. then it takes me til 5 am to fall back asleep again and i have some SUPER SUPER long dream about all these different ghosts in my house and other random stuff then i wake up at 6:30 to go to school. I really want it to stop, does anyone have any answers for me? I just watched the excorsism of emily rose the other night where the girl woke up at three every night and I thought maybe my mind is just tricking me. any help or answers are apreciated

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ignus Fatuus

• Pauly Dangerously

• Amarali2012

• lookingfortruth

This is really scaring me. The last couple of nights have really sucked. i always have some bad dream about ghosts or something then i wake up at exactly 3 am. then it takes me til 5 am to fall back asleep again and i have some SUPER SUPER long dream about all these different ghosts in my house and other random stuff then i wake up at 6:30 to go to school. I really want it to stop, does anyone have any answers for me? I just watched the excorsism of emily rose the other night where the girl woke up at three every night and I thought maybe my mind is just tricking me. any help or answers are apreciated

LSD BAAAD... Don't do that lulz.

Seriously though, try watching something from pixar at night rather than a horror flick then maybe you'll stop having freaky dreams. Don't eat real late either, that can give ya freaky dreams too.

no lsd, or any other drugs. slightly weak bladder. is all that stuff about the witchers hour true?

Amityville Horror ... wait NM that was 0315 :D

Amityville Horror ... wait NM that was 0315 :D

I was too scared to look at the clock this morning and so when I did it was 3:22 so it might have actually been at 3:15. I can't remember how long i just sat there

It might be your biological clock when u sleep. Just go to bed earlier than “usual”. It’s a old survival process that we had developed over the years. Maybe, u sensed danger in the dream and heard noises subconsciously in the room or house. But why 3 am? It’s common or normal to sleep at this time

and it all started in the movie Amityville Horror and it was reawakened in Emily Rose. I go to sleep at around 10pm-12am and I usually wake up at 4am..well, u see the picture, just go to bed later or early and try not to watch much movies(click here)). I also wake up at around 3 am and there is always something sinster or.. I am spooked. And, there is always nothing there.

The human body is a wierd thing. I wake up every single night at 4 am and have to drink a bottle of water (whether im thirsty or not) then go right back to bed. Never used to happen before, until a year ago. Maybe in a year I will stop and develop a new thing?

This is nothing paranormal. I am also able to wake up at the same time (precise to the exact minute) every day. Your body has a biological clock that tunes itself with real-world time. You can increase the accuracy of your body's biological clock by counting the seconds on a real clock.

I wouldn't worry much about it. I'm guessing it is due to the movie you have watched. It's crazy what our minds are capable of doing to us, such as waking us at the same time. If you should have any other experience when this happens it may be something, but I'm guessing it is nothing.

LSD BAAAD... Don't do that lulz.

Seriously though, try watching something from pixar at night rather than a horror flick then maybe you'll stop having freaky dreams. Don't eat real late either, that can give ya freaky dreams too.

Sorry, that's an olde wives tale about eating for sleeping. And watching pixar before sleeping? What if your mightmare is about salivating pink bunnies? :wacko::lol:

no lsd, or any other drugs. slightly weak bladder. is all that stuff about the witchers hour true?

Nope, not true in the least. :no:

I agree with some others that there isn't anything uncanny about you waking up the same time. You should alter you late diet, such as coffee. I don't know what you eat or drink before bedtime. The dreams about ghosts in your house is your fear. Try to stop watching scary things.

the idea of the witching hour has many roots....what i have learned in my studies it that the belief that Jesus died on the cross at 3 pm in the afternoon...so in response, licifer uses the 3 am (early morning) as the opposite time for his use.....

another is that witches ue from midnight the early morning as eth witching hour depending on which group you ask....3 am being the strongest time and powerful time of the night for spells, etc....in this soem believe that the sun (light) is furthest away and the goddess of the moon (dark) is most powerful....she is responsible for most granting most spells....

randomhit10

I would try not too worry too much about it. For nearly a year I woke up at 4:55am EVERYDAY. Now I have the lovely habit of waking up every time I want to roll over, through the night, and then up to stay at 6:05am every morning. I don't recommend watching something scary before going to bed..one night I woke up..and I swear to GOD I saw that guy from the end of Blair Witch standing in the corner of by bedroom, like he was in the basement at the end of the movie.. <oops, sorry to those who might not have seen that yet> :P

Edited by SwandaG

your mind is playing tricks on you. The reason why your waking up at 3 am can be two factors....

1. you watch too much scary movies (anything relating to paranormal)

2. It's a sign- usually people who live in haunted houses and wake up at an unsual time are haunted by the past death (someone died at 3 am)

Who knows. But reading your post I did see some things that remind me of my sleep disorder.

1 - You wake up at the same time several nights in a row. I have the same problem when I need my sleep meds adjusted. For me, it just gets earlier and earlier... till no sleep.

2 - Vivid, often frightening dreams. When you remember many dreams in the night, and a lot of detail from those dreams, it's often because you are jerked quickly out of your deepest stages of sleep - REM. When this happens continually through the night, it can signal a problem.

I've fought with sleep issues since my first memories. I'm not saying you have them, but occasional sleep issues are very common. Be sure to follow good rules for sleeping well. Avoid caffeine, sugar, alcohol, etc. before bed. With any luck, it will soon pass.

Who knows. But reading your post I did see some things that remind me of my sleep disorder.

1 - You wake up at the same time several nights in a row. I have the same problem when I need my sleep meds adjusted. For me, it just gets earlier and earlier... till no sleep.

2 - Vivid, often frightening dreams. When you remember many dreams in the night, and a lot of detail from those dreams, it's often because you are jerked quickly out of your deepest stages of sleep - REM. When this happens continually through the night, it can signal a problem.

I've fought with sleep issues since my first memories. I'm not saying you have them, but occasional sleep issues are very common. Be sure to follow good rules for sleeping well. Avoid caffeine, sugar, alcohol, etc. before bed. With any luck, it will soon pass.

do you often dream of chickens?

Maybe your clock is broken :)

This is nothing paranormal. I am also able to wake up at the same time (precise to the exact minute) every day. Your body has a biological clock that tunes itself with real-world time. You can increase the accuracy of your body's biological clock by counting the seconds on a real clock.

I agree it has nothing to do with the paranormal, I wake up at 6:30 everymorning because of my alam. But i dont need the alam any more because i do it so much i always get up then. U are probably just bored with life (and u may not even know it) and are just trying 2 take something normal and turn it into something "paranormal" to break to routieing of every day life.

Maybe your clock is broken :)

LOL

I have to echo everyone else's sentiments on this one, it's just your biological clock. I wonder what would be the effect if you were to take a sleeping aid (OTC of course). You also might try sleeping somewhere else to see if that breaks your waking up at 3:00AM habit.

I'm going to throw my two cents in here.

one I think you answered your question yourself when you talked about the movie you watched. but it sounds like you were bothered by the movie and your subconscious is playing on this.

Now I have heard many things about the number 3 and I do believe it is a powerful number why I"m not sure but I don't really think it is coming into play here. it could also be not just your subconscious but when you watch movies like this it invites the dark spirits in and they could be helping to somehow wake at the same time every night just to help scare you.

the first person that posted watch a pixar before you sleep hit it on the nail it does not of course have to be a cartoon but just watch something light and fun and try and stay away from watching shows that a horror films altogether.

I don't know what the show you watch is about as we were always taught in my family to stay away from those type of movies so not to support the dark and invite the wrong spirit to be with us. but I have seen the commercials for them and I can tell you there was a house that I lived in years ago that even when the commercial of these type of shows would come on the whole atmosphere of the house would change. you do need to be careful what you watch and if you are going to watch these don't do it in your home. now this is just my feelings on this but I do think there is something to the shows we watch.

do you often dream of chickens?

Just an old joke, but honestly, they did give me nightmares growing up. They were evil and tortured me when I was a child. Apparently they had other plans for their eggs... ;)