Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the Sky empty?

SpectateSwamp

In 5 billion years has anything evolved to live in the sky. Land and sea have been crammed with life since the start!

In 5 billion years has anything evolved to live in the sky. Land and sea have been crammed with life since the start!

You're joking right? Evolved to live in the sky? These are called BIRDS...

Well...there have been stories of "sky jellies", basically air-dwelling jellyfish-like creatures, living high in the upper reaches.

My eyes exploded from the silliness of that video.

all I spotted was birds and other things that looked like insects flying about.

Edited by chaoszerg

nothing 'lives' in the sky ..... it's because the oceans and earth are very livable that life didn't need to. Had the earth and water been inhabitable for life , but the atmosphere conducive ? well 'we' if we existed at all would be floating gas bags instead of bags of mostly water. ( although plenty can be called gas bags ......... light a match ! )

Edited by Lt_Ripley

And then there's Rods. I have no idea what they are (if the are infact real)

Those have been conclusively shown to be identical to pictures of insects taken with normal speed cameras.

My eyes exploded from the silliness of that video.

all I spotted was birds and other things that looked like insects flying about.

I have to agree.......... :o:)

Not exactly what you'd call impressive.

Naught out of ten for the video... (and that's being generous)

Even the video-maker sounded bored!!

youre joking right ?

most birds do fly .... but they dont actually live in the sky

Maybe when we get to the gas planets we'll find something,

Just so long as it isnt Ian Bank's Dwellers, in which case we can kiss ourselves goodbye

Maybe when we get to the gas planets we'll find something,

Yes we will find Hydrogues ( those who have read saga of seven suns will know what the heck I am on about lol)

Even the video-maker sounded bored!!

Yeah he did, I though that at any moment I was going to hear a gun shot and see his brains fly across the camera with how bored and depressed he sounded :lol:

lmao @ some1 saying birds lives in the sky..always thought they took flight in the sky, didnt know they lived there

that has to be a joke and were those images flyin in the sky supposed 2 be alien aircraft or something?lol looked like birds to me

As has already been said, there's simply no reason for something to evolve to live exclusively in the air. The resources to support life in the air are nonexistent compared to the land and seas.

What would it eat? What would it drink? How would it reproduce? How would it sleep/rest?

Edited by Moonie2012

Yeah he did, I though that at any moment I was going to hear a gun shot and see his brains fly across the camera with how bored and depressed he sounded :lol:

At least it would've broken the monotony!

youre joking right ?

most birds do fly .... but they dont actually live in the sky

Well, tress are high up... kind of in-the-sky.

I thought he sort of sounded like a bad scientist... you know, like recording data in a boring tone.

Well, tress are high up... kind of in-the-sky.

what about tall buildings that people live in as i do, i'm higher than alot of trees, does that mean i live in the sky too?...but i applaud you trying to make sense of it :tu:

those are birds. he says its slowed down? I sped it up on youtube and the clouds were moving as fast as they should have been. lol as far as I know fish live in water.

Anybody out there got a camcorder?

Try shooting some zoomed in video of bright fluffy clouds. Fill 2/3 of the screen with the clouds and the rest with sky and background features. Keep the clips short (under 2 minutes) and play them back in slow motion if you can. If you can't I can show you how. You will be surprised by what you see. Strange movements in the clouds. Odd things hustling about with no apparent flight plan.

When I notice something in a video. I'll set it to play just that section multiple times in slow motion and full speed. I have some pretty cool ones from a couple days ago. Looking at clouds can be very therapudic. I can't wait to seeing some of your finds. Go get em.

I spy with my little eye, a bird and a few tiny bugs.... the only thing I know of in the sky is various gases of the periotic and carbon kind, water vapor, and bacterial sorts... :P

He meant 'live their entire lives in the sky'. Birds come down to the ground occasionally or frequently, but there is speculation about a kind of sky-dwelling creature called a sky-beast (sky whale/sky jellyfish, etc) that spends its entire life in the sky, soaking up sunlight for energy, and camouflaging themselves in the clouds.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

[media=]

[/media]

Things have changed a bit. I made some program changes that make it easier to show off these Faster Than Sight objects. I now can put LARGE font (48 point) text up on the screen so the viewer is alerted where and what to look for. Then that specific segment plays in slow motion multiple times and again at full speed.Then on to the next one. These "text - video" groupings can be grouped and played randomly.

The video is a screen reshoot that is transferred to flash so the original is much much better. The video notes explain where to get the original files at archive.org along with the non-linear text control file as well as the super app to play it. If you hook your PC up to a large screen TV you will be surprised at what you see. Of course the Explain-It-Aways will always be negative. But with this as a simple template. You can do your own FTS hunts. Please let me know of your captures. You will get them.

Edited by SpectateSwamp

oh gods LOL.. I have no laughed so hard by that second video..

ok Spectate.. if what your saying is true.. about things living in the skies.. with the amount of commercial air traffic about.. why has there been no splatter on aircraft?

I mean.. birds get hit all the time. .etc.. but there has never been a strange creature that has been hit..

what you are seeing.. a probably birds high up.. your camera does not have a high enough resolution to pick it up properly..

and yes I did as you suggested and put this on my tv.. which is a big screen.. and I am sorry.. you have birds..

and those are leafs on the last part of your vid.. they are leaves flying around..

Edited by DingoLingo