Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chess Tournament Season 4

Saru

UM Chess Tournament Season 4

Signups are now open for our fourth Unexplained Mysteries chess tournament, giving you the chance to pit your skills against other members in a series of correspondance chess games. As in the previous season we'll be opting for a group round based elimination system, each participant will play two games (one as black, one as white) against each other participant in their group. Points are awarded for wins and draws, once everyone in a group has played their matches the winner will move on to the next round where they will face the winners of the other groups until we have an overall winner. The tournament is open to anyone so if you'd like to take part, whether you are new to the game or a veteran, you are very welcome to participate, the only requirement is that you are able to play.

Chess games will as usual be held on www.redhotpawn.com , an on-line correspondance chess site, registration is free so it won't cost anything to take part. Timeouts will be set to 1 day with a 7 day timebank.

If you'd like to take part in this year's chess tournament please add a reply below to register your interest. If you have a RedHotPawn.com username that is different to your forum username please include that in your post as well so we know who you are.

Please don't sign up if you don't think you'll be around in the coming weeks - make sure you have some time spare for the matches. The games will be correspondance based so moves can be made in your own time, if you have any questions please let me know, thanks. :tu:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Thistle

• __Kratos__

• Still Waters

I'm in Lord Saru.

I go by Avaholik.

I would create a new account as "Pan" but the name is taken... :hmm:

I'd like to play. I signed up on the site as BlindMessiah so that should be easy enough.

Yes please, you can count me in too..... My username on the site is the same as on here. :)

Count me in, Saru - I'm on RHP as TiggsUM.

Edited by Tiggs

I'll take another stab at this.

I'm Kratos on RHP.

Been so long since I've played against another person. :blink: If anybody wants to do some practice games, I'm up for it. :tu:

I'll take another stab at this.

I'm Kratos on RHP.

Been so long since I've played against another person. :blink: If anybody wants to do some practice games, I'm up for it. :tu:

:D That's what I'm doing just now.......practicing.......got 3 games on the go :lol:

count me in to saru, my name is the same as here also.

For once, I'm up for this.

The name's TheChupaKing, which is sooo totally different for me.

Count me in. I'm registered as Evangium.

i,d like to play

danydandan is the user name

I would like to be in the tournament. I'm pretty rusty, it's been quite a while, but I'd like to give it a try.

I just registered on redhotpawn, with the same username I have here: sumydid.

I have some pretty simple questions.

How will we be notified of all the details, do you need my email address?

What is the time limit for moves (1 day, etc.)

Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far, we'll keep registration for the tournament open for a bit longer to give as many people a chance as possible to sign up.

How will we be notified of all the details, do you need my email address?

All the details will be posted on the Tournaments and Events board, if we ever need to get in touch with you specifically about the tournament we'll send you a private message via the forum.

What is the time limit for moves (1 day, etc.)

The time limit is 1 day with a 7 day timebank. How this works is that after 24 hours of inactivity the 'timebank' will start to count down. If you move again before the timebank depletes the 24 hour timeout period will be reset. If the timebank reaches zero then your opponent has the option to accept a 'timeout' win.

Maybe it is a bit late for me but I am a bit confused with the time out limit and timebank. Does this mean we have 24 to make a move and if not we are eliminated or does it mean we have 24 hours to make a move but if not then we have six more days and on the seventh we are then eliminated?

+ i also hope the last champion is able to sign up for this one...

does it mean we have 24 hours to make a move but if not then we have six more days and on the seventh we are then eliminated?

This - except if you move again during the 7 day timebank period the initial 24 hours is reset so that you have 24 hours + whatever is left in the timebank to move before being eliminated.

Really Protostar? Then count me in again :P

Really Protostar? Then count me in again :P

Ha! we meet again master Sub.

The Dark Side awaits you :gun: ...............or should I just run away!? :whistle:

OK ....... must be a glutton for punishment but yeah I'll join again lol username Thistle (how original of me)

:)

Count me in, username on rhp is splodgenessabounds.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds