Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are you Atheist, Theist or Agnostic

Magicjax

Which are you?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Atheist, Theist or Agnostic

• Atheist
    • Theist
    • Agnostic

I don't think I even fit in any of these.

If I think that we are all part of what I consider the Source of Everything? This Source is not separate from us or fundamently diffrent from us. Everything we know and everything else there is are only diffrent forms of the very same thing. Everything is connected and fundamentaly made of consciousness which exists as a superposition of various levels (frequencies) of itself which are propotional to it's awarness and freedom. Higher levels of consciousness can manipulate lower levels of consciousness because they are more aware and have more freedom. A never-ending evolutionary process.

So would that mean I'm a theist? Like I said, I don't think we have been created but that everything creates itself within the Everything There Is. Like an Ultimate Theory Of Everything. One equation. One constant. Oneness.

How the hell am I supposed to fit anywhere with this?

Am I;

An Unificationist?

An Onenessist?

An Everythingist?

A Douche?

:unsure:

For the record, I'm an atheist Hindu (with smatterings of Buddhism and Taoism). As a note.

Some people on here would not consider you religious because atheists cannot be religious...

igous pooper

Some people on here would not consider you religious because atheists cannot be religious...

The definition of atheist is no belief in any god/gods. End of story.

If someone adhears to hindu philosophy without the gods, sure. That doesn't make them religious. According to your other posts, I am a religious gamer, a religious worker,a religious scientist, a religious showerer, a religious sleeper, a religious talker, a religious tv watcher, a religious smoker, a religious driver,a religious reader, a religious internet user, a religious cat petter, a religious eater, a religious clothes putter-on-er, a religious door closer/opener, a religious elevator rider, a religious poope, etc.. If we all go by your previous posts, everything anyone ever does or has or will ever do is religious.

The definition of atheist is no belief in any god/gods. End of story.

If someone adhears to hindu philosophy without the gods, sure. That doesn't make them religious. According to your other posts, I am a religious gamer, a religious worker,a religious scientist, a religious showerer, a religious sleeper, a religious talker, a religious tv watcher, a religious smoker, a religious driver,a religious reader, a religious internet user, a religious cat petter, a religious eater, a religious clothes putter-on-er, a religious door closer/opener, a religious elevator rider, a religious poope, etc.. If we all go by your previous posts, everything anyone ever does or has or will ever do is religious.

I made no such claim. I never said that all atheists, or even the vast majority are religious...You have read way too far into things and the fact that you get so offended makes me believe you are a religious atheist, and not just a normal atheist...

If you want to prove your point, quote me. Let's see if I said everthing anyone ever does or has or will ever do is religious...

Edited by HuttonEtAl

So what do you call someone can can't make up their mind if they're an atheist, a theist, or an agnostic ? Perhaps a "confusionist".

I made no such claim. I never said that all atheists, or even the vast majority are religious...You have read way too far into things and the fact that you get so offended makes me believe you are a religious atheist, and not just a normal atheist...

If you want to prove your point, quote me. Let's see if I said everthing anyone ever does or has or will ever do is religious...

I'm not offended at all. Why would I be offended at something someone said online? I'm not 12.

I would think it was quite obvious that I was joking about the level of things you consider religious. rolleyes.gif

You should probably watch the Lion King. That movie always makes me feel better.

It brings people together. wiggle.gif

Fo realz, son.

Edit: Extra verbs and nouns that had to be removed under penalty of death!

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

I'm not offended at all. Why would I be offended at something someone said online? I'm not 12.Man,

I would think it was quite obvious that I was joking about the level of things you consider religious. rolleyes.gif

You should probably watch the Lion King. That movie always makes me feel better.

It brings people together.

Fo realz, son.

I cannot tell when you are being sarcastic or serious. (Unlike some people on here I can not read into periods and commas.) I mean someone on here actually made the points you made...and they were serious...well as far as I could tell considering they would not respond to my PMs or respond to me on here. I think it is more funny than anything because a certain someone reads into things I did not say and does not support his evidence. Then they claim they do not have to answer me because I am a jerk. Man, I just wish college was that way. Instead of writing a 12 page paper I could just say "they are a jerk so they do not deserve a response." Trust me, I am not upset by these claims. I just love it how everyone is an internet know-it-all.

Edited by HuttonEtAl

I am a man who struggles with being human and all the frailties that goes with it. I believe in the God of the Bible. I don't find it to be a burden or a loss of freedom to worship a higher power. When I look into the night sky or listen to music or see the twinkle in a friendly eye I am reminded that He exists. I look forward to meeting Him someday. If it turns out that I'm deluded then what will it matter? In the meantime I will have tried my best to live without harming my brothers and sisters who share this place and time with me. If Atheists and anti theists and agnostics can say the same, then I have no problem with their choice. Above all else He gave us free will.

I cannot tell when you are being sarcastic or serious. (Unlike some people on here I can not read into periods and commas.) I mean someone on here actually made the points you made...and they were serious...well as far as I could tell considering they would not respond to my PMs or respond to me on here. I think it is more funny than anything because a certain someone reads into things I did not say and does not support his evidence. Then they claim they do not have to answer me because I am a jerk. Man, I just wish college was that way. Instead of writing a 12 page paper I could just say "they are a jerk so they do not deserve a response." Trust me, I am not upset by these claims. I just love it how everyone is an internet know-it-all.

Oh, I get what you're saying. I don't agree with some of your religious/atheist views, sure, but I always back up my claims or whatever that needs evidence with evidence.

I do not believe in any gods and I do not feel that I am religious in anyway because they only time it ever comes up is when I'm on here arguing with other people one here!

I wish college was like that, too. Grad school would be so much easier if I could just write a paper that says "I'm right because I say so."

One day.

By the way, I was not joking about The Lion King. I'm watching it right now. (My girlfriend gets p***ed when I get drunk (like now...maybe....) cause I always watch it, but she's sleeping and doesn'y know. Shhhhhhh....) Great movie. It's no Dances with Wolves (that's a joke) but it's still a great movie.

I am a man who struggles with being human and all the frailties that goes with it. I believe in the God of the Bible. I don't find it to be a burden or a loss of freedom to worship a higher power. When I look into the night sky or listen to music or see the twinkle in a friendly eye I am reminded that He exists. I look forward to meeting Him someday. If it turns out that I'm deluded then what will it matter? In the meantime I will have tried my best to live without harming my brothers and sisters who share this place and time with me. If Atheists and anti theists and agnostics can say the same, then I have no problem with their choice. Above all else He gave us free will.

You and I are exact opposites. When I look into the night sky or listen to music or see the twinkle in a beautiful girls eye, I am awed by the simplicity and biological wonder of the world we inhabit. It always makes me think that such chaotic beauty could never have been created by anything, except, maybe, by The Lion King.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1