Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chess groups and scoreboard

Saru

Thank you to everyone taking part in this season's chess tournament, we have a total of 28 signups. For round one there are seven groups of four, to determine the groupings I assigned each member a number from 1 to 28 and run a random number sequence generator.

The tournament has now started so please feel free to challenge the other players in your group, everyone will need to play each other player in their group twice, once as black and once as white. 3 points are awarded for a win and 1 for a draw. The winner of each group will go through to the final in which all the group winners will battle it out in a single group to determine the overall winner.

After each game please post the results in - this thread.

Chess games will as usual are held on www.redhotpawn.com. Timeouts are set to 1 day with a 7 day timebank.

The groupings and scores are as follows:

linked-image

linked-image

If you have any questions or run in to any problems please let me know, thanks.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Karlis

• Abecrombie

• sumydid

Subtemperate is 'Subby' on RHP, i'll change the scoreboard to show member's RHP names instead.

Jak does not come up on RHP.

Under what name are you listed there?

Karlis

Same here.

EDIT: Doesn't matter you found me.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

Jak does not come up on RHP.

Under what name are you listed there?

Karlis

Also tried to find the name =Jak=

but no luck there either,

Karlis

Same here, i can't find you either, I typed in KarlisUM but you didn't come up. Doesn't matter at the mo though, i'm playing Paranormian
I have started both the white and black boards against you. If you don't want to play too many games at once, simply cancel mine till you are ready,

Hhmmm ... gotta make sure my knights have good shields and my bishops have leather-bound Bibles, :P

~~~ Aha ... you have moved! :tu:

The games have begun ...

Karlis

I can't find either Evangium or SQLServer.

thilini, do you have a Sri Lanka flag and have 4 games in progress? Just so I know it's you. :)

Yeah, sorry.... I forgot to mention my username in my initial post....

And Thanks Saru, if I win I will be sleeping on the couch for sure :P

I have started both the white and black boards against you. If you don't want to play too many games at once, simply cancel mine till you are ready,

Hhmmm ... gotta make sure my knights have good shields and my bishops have leather-bound Bibles, :P

~~~ Aha ... you have moved! :tu:

The games have begun ...

Karlis

Hi Splodgenessabounds

When I started our two games, I failed to re-set the default time-out on RHP from three days to one day.

Is that a problem, or can we play on, making sure we 'mentally' keep track of this issue, and make sure we move accordingly?

Karlis

I'm PMing those who we're unable to find on RHP to verify their usernames, i'll update the scoreboard to reflect the correct names once I can confirm what they are.

Is that a problem, or can we play on, making sure we 'mentally' keep track of this issue, and make sure we move accordingly?
That shouldn't be a problem, the time settings are only to help move things along so games don't take too long to finish.

Me against subby??? You trying to cause a fight Saru?

And Thanks Saru, if I win I will be sleeping on the couch for sure :P
Hehe sorry about that, its just the pick of the draw. :lol:

Add BlindMessiah to the list, Saru - I can't seem to locate him, either.

Hi Splodgenessabounds

When I started our two games, I failed to re-set the default time-out on RHP from three days to one day.

Karlis

Yeah that's fine, not a problem :) .

Alright, I think I'm up and running, I've challenged two of the people in my division.

Cheers,

SQLserver

I've challenged all three players in section E to both matches, one as white and one as black.

I'm definitely on RHP as Evangium. At best guess, those of us who created profiles just for the tournaments don't show on the list until we get involved in a game. I found that after I took up an open invite game, suddenly my profile showed up in the search list...

Ok that's BlindMessiah, SQLServer and Evangium all confirmed and working.

Still no word from =Jak=, waiting on a reply to my PM.

It is j4jak not my display name... sorry

Thanks, that's the scoreboard updated with your RHP name. :tu:

It is j4jak not my display name... sorry
Ok, thanks Jak -- I just started our two games on RHP.

Your move, and may the winds of fortune blow where they may, :)

Karlis

:)

Still water... still waiting for your move..