Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British Government studies crop circlles

Karlis

UK government has covered up the extent of official and Royal family interest in the crop circle phenomenon. ~~~ There were also efforts to suppress any investigation into a connection between UFOs and crop circles.

linked-imageRead more...

In the 8 minute 11 second video clip, during the last three minutes a scientist/expert provides an explanation as to how some crop circles are created by "light balls".

I thought this was an interesting, and seemingly valid presentation.

Karlis

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• mcrom901

• Oppono Astos

• Karlis

In the 8 minute 11 second video clip, during the last three minutes a scientist/expert provides an explanation as to how some crop circles are created by "light balls".

Karlis

Sorry mate, Eltjo Hasselhoff is a joke fella. He is a terrible example of a scientist and his work is very poor.

Unfortunately this is incredibly old material from @ 2001. The presentation is not helped by featuring the known fake footage of the Oliver's Castle video.

Karlis

i think u will enjoy this

Sorry mate, Eltjo Hasselhoff is a joke fella. He is a terrible example of a scientist and his work is very poor.

Dr. Eltjo Haselhoff is author of two crop circle books, including the recent and much renowned The Deepening Complexity of Crop Circles, which has now appeared in five languages, and is the basis of this presentation. He is also one of only two people to have had a paper published on crop circles in a peer-reviewed scientific journal (‘Physiologa Plantarum’). This publication discusses the relationship between crop circle creation and 'balls of light'.

http://books.google.com/books?id=mbxUFsZQxbsC&dq

Anatomical anomalies in crop formation plants

W. C. Levengood 1

1 Pinelandia Biophysical Laboratory. P.O. Box 388. Grass Lake, MI 49240, USA.

Copyright Physiologia Plantarum 1994

ABSTRACT

Crop formations consist of geometrically organized regions ranging from 2 to 80 m diameter, in which the plants (primarily grain crops) are flattened in a horizontal position. Plants from crop formations display anatomical alterations which cannot be accounted for by assuming the formations are hoaxes. Near the soil surface the curved stems often form complex swirls with 'vortex' type patterns. In the present paper, evidence is presented which indicates that structural and cellular alterations take place in plants exposed within the confines of the 'circle' type formations, differences which were determined to be statistically significant when compared with control plants taken outside the formations. These transformations were manifested at the macroscopic-level as abnormal nodal swelling, gross malformations during embryogenesis. and charred epidermal tissue. Significant changes in seed germination and development were found, and at the microscopic level differences were observed in cell wall pit structures. Affected plants also have characteristics suggesting the involvement of transient high temperatures.

on what grounds u think this guy is a joke?

Dr. Eltjo Haselhoff is author of two crop circle books, including the recent and much renowned The Deepening Complexity of Crop Circles, which has now appeared in five languages, and is the basis of this presentation. He is also one of only two people to have had a paper published on crop circles in a peer-reviewed scientific journal (‘Physiologa Plantarum’). This publication discusses the relationship between crop circle creation and 'balls of light'.

http://books.google.com/books?id=mbxUFsZQxbsC&dq

Anatomical anomalies in crop formation plants

W. C. Levengood 1

1 Pinelandia Biophysical Laboratory. P.O. Box 388. Grass Lake, MI 49240, USA.

Copyright Physiologia Plantarum 1994

ABSTRACT

Crop formations consist of geometrically organized regions ranging from 2 to 80 m diameter, in which the plants (primarily grain crops) are flattened in a horizontal position. Plants from crop formations display anatomical alterations which cannot be accounted for by assuming the formations are hoaxes. Near the soil surface the curved stems often form complex swirls with 'vortex' type patterns. In the present paper, evidence is presented which indicates that structural and cellular alterations take place in plants exposed within the confines of the 'circle' type formations, differences which were determined to be statistically significant when compared with control plants taken outside the formations. These transformations were manifested at the macroscopic-level as abnormal nodal swelling, gross malformations during embryogenesis. and charred epidermal tissue. Significant changes in seed germination and development were found, and at the microscopic level differences were observed in cell wall pit structures. Affected plants also have characteristics suggesting the involvement of transient high temperatures.

on what grounds u think this guy is a joke?

I have read his papers, they are joke for undergraduate level, his technique, his sampling methods and his conclusions are with out merit.

Publishing a book on stuff like this is not a challenge, people will buy it regardless of quality of content (cos lets face it most people do not know what scientific work entails).

Scientifically Eltjo Hasselhoff is a complete joke and he has no respect within the the field.

I have read his papers, they are joke for undergraduate level, his technique, his sampling methods and his conclusions are with out merit.

Publishing a book on stuff like this is not a challenge, people will buy it regardless of quality of content (cos lets face it most people do not know what scientific work entails).

Scientifically Eltjo Hasselhoff is a complete joke and he has no respect within the the field.

and i presume there is some merit behind your post..... i have seen your so called 'undergraduate level' in other threads.... so please climb down the arrogance ladder

its also funny how you presume that you are representing the "field"

and i presume there is some merit behind your post..... i have seen your so called 'undergraduate level' in other threads.... so please climb down the arrogance ladder

its also funny how you presume that you are representing the "field"

It is not arrogance. I tell crap science when I see it and that is exactly what I see when I see the work of Eltjo Haselhoff.

I am not presuming anything, I am telling you his standing in the science. He is a joke.

Which is probably why he is now a musician not a scientist.

"My paper proves that the extension of the nodes in several crop circles corresponds perfectly to the effect that would be created by a ball of light..."

When someone says this, you know it is pseudo-science. All he did was write a critique of techniques used in another badly performed experiment and he is claiming this?

He is talking out of anus.

So yes, there is plenty of merit behind my post thanks.

Hasselhoff's nonsense.

Sorry but you would be failed if you handed that crap in at university.

Edited by Mattshark

Just to say that if anyone reads the link provided by Mattshark, read the note and click the link at the bottom as I nearly missed it!

The true identity of the ball of light is classic! nice one Matt :tu:

I think the government hired a bunch of people to claim that they were the ones making the crop circles. Sure, some of them could be hoaxed - but others are simply physically impossible to do in a night. A pair of feet, a wooden plank and some rope? I think there's a lot more to it than that.

It is not arrogance. I tell crap science when I see it and that is exactly what I see when I see the work of Eltjo Haselhoff.

I am not presuming anything, I am telling you his standing in the science. He is a joke.

Which is probably why he is now a musician not a scientist.

When someone says this, you know it is pseudo-science. All he did was write a critique of techniques used in another badly performed experiment and he is claiming this?

He is talking out of anus.

So yes, there is plenty of merit behind my post thanks.

Hasselhoff's nonsense.

Sorry but you would be failed if you handed that crap in at university.

this is from the link you provided

Conclusion:

Haselhoff did not explain at all what was the "ball of light" he thinks explains the lengthening of the nodes of the plants towards the center of the circles.

Haselhoff did not explain at all how a "ball of light" causes nodes lengthening.

He absolutely did not say that the aforementioned "ball of light" had made the crop circle. This is a lie. He said only that it has an effect on the lengthening of the nodes of the stems.

He absolutely did not say that his study was convincing. This is another lie. He on the contrary said that his study was insufficient.

There is indeeed a ball of light which lights more the center of the circles than the edges which in the shade a longer time, and which gives energy for the plants to grow: it is the sun. Haselhoff did not see this explanation.

this is from the link you provided

Yeah, what is you point, Hasselhoff lied and his science was rubbish (plus all he published was a comment, not a study) and other people have lied about his work. This only supports my argument. But thanks for backing it up ;)

Yeah, what is you point, Hasselhoff lied and his science was rubbish (plus all he published was a comment, not a study) and other people have lied about his work. This only supports my argument. But thanks for backing it up ;)

my point was simply this.......

He on the contrary said that his study was insufficient.

so i dont understand how you claim he is a liar

my point was simply this.......

so i dont understand how you claim he is a liar

Because he made other claims which are simply not true as I showed earlier on top of that that quote.