Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Worlds Wolf

and a vague reference to bolon yokte (god of creation?) that will do smth/descent on something (?)

its vague, but worthy of speculation imo

No, I really don't think it is I'm afraid. No one really knows what Bolon Yookte'' K'uh means (whether its a god or a grouping of gods or whatever) and the word "descend" is highly tentative as stated previous. There is nothing else to speculate about - the inscription doesn't even exist any more, it was destroyed by the building of a factory in the 60s.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Worlds Wolf

• Harte

• Pan

• danydandan

The fact that a minority of the large group of humanity identifying themselves as "Christian" believe a rather stilted interpretation of John's rant against Nero (Revelations) does not make the THIRD prediction of the date of the Rapture a prediction attributable to the religion Christianity, as your post seemed to indicate.

Harte

It doesn’t matter how many times it’s been predicted. The rapture (a Christian belief) It’s predicted to happen at any moment by your local preacher. Including during 2012 of course.

It doesn’t matter how many times it’s been predicted. The rapture (a Christian belief) It’s predicted to happen at any moment by your local preacher. Including during 2012 of course.

The rapture is a fairly recent interpretation of a few things mentioned in the Book of Revelations and is not a part of mainstream Christian dogma.

Look it up.

Harte

but it is a christian belief.

Look it up.

Many Christians also believe that Elvis is alive, though the Maya have yet to comment on the subject.

Harte

Many Christians also believe that Elvis is alive, though the Maya have yet to comment on the subject.

Harte

He he he.

Nit-picker!

I think he is implying that the "rapture" as popularized by the media and what-not, is a concept originating with and embraced by Christians. Of course, Christianity is pretty varied, but the "rapture" is definitely in idea or concept that many Christians (or self-professed Christians) have expanded on over the last...what?...30 years or so?

He he he.

Nit-picker!

I think he is implying that the "rapture" as popularized by the media and what-not, is a concept originating with and embraced by Christians. Of course, Christianity is pretty varied, but the "rapture" is definitely in idea or concept that many Christians (or self-professed Christians) have expanded on over the last...what?...30 years or so?

I know what he means. I also know what he said:

Is it me or is it that its not just christianity that predicted the 2012 events.

I'm saying that "Christianity" makes no such prediction.

Some idiots that happen to be Christian glommed onto the 2012 date after their first two attempts resulted, sadly - to them (one must assume,) in the notable absence of apocryphal cataclysm.

Harte

I read that in 2012 earth population will be at 7 billion.(lucky and sacred number)

mayans 13 baktun...another sacred number.

My opinion is this...there will be no end of the world,,,but end and beginning of something.

After watching many youtube videos and online articles,i am sure something will happen,but

i dont think its end of the world, but a change.

I read that in 2012 earth population will be at 7 billion.(lucky and sacred number)

My opinion is this...there will be no end of the world,,,but end and beginning of something.

After watching many youtube videos and online articles,i am sure something will happen,but

Change will come

wow

Thats great

The only thing that will happen is the end of the 21st and the start of the 22nd

Are you saying that a “rapture prediction” is not a “Christian prediction”?

Can't say but take your pick of rapture predictions

• 1792 - Shakers calculated this date.[citation needed]
  • 1844 - William Miller predicted Christ would return between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844, then revised his prediction, claiming to have miscalculated Scripture, to October 22, 1844. Miller's theology gave rise to the Advent movement.
  • 1977 - William M. Branham predicted that the Rapture would take place in 1977.[22]
  • 1981 - Chuck Smith undogmatically predicted that Jesus would likely return by 1981.[citation needed]
  • 1988 - Publication of 88 Reasons why the Rapture is in 1988, by Edgar C. Whisenant.
  • 1989 - Publication of The final shout: Rapture report 1989, by Edgar Whisenant. More predictions by this author appeared for 1992, 1995, and other years.
  • 1992 - Korean group "Mission for the Coming Days" predicted October 28, 1992 as the date for the rapture.[23]
  • 1993 - Seven years before the year 2000. The rapture would have to start to allow for seven years of the Tribulation before the Return in 2000. Multiple predictions.
  • 1994 - Pastor John Hinkle of Christ Church in Los Angeles predicted June 9, 1994. Radio evangelist Harold Camping predicted September 27, 1994.[24]
  • 2011 - Harold Camping's revised prediction has May 21, 2011 as the date of the rapture.[25]
  • 2060 - Sir Isaac Newton undogmatically proposed, based upon his calculations using figures from the book of Daniel, that the Apocalypse could happen no earlier than 2060.

Harte

Elvis is alive. He and Bigfoot are just taking some time to visit and feed Nessie before Tinkerbell hits them with pixie dust and they can go play pirates and Indians in never-never land.

I know what he means. I also know what he said:

I'm saying that "Christianity" makes no such prediction.

Some idiots that happen to be Christian glommed onto the 2012 date after their first two attempts resulted, sadly - to them (one must assume,) in the notable absence of apocryphal cataclysm.

Harte

Ah, clarified then.

I agree, the 2012 thing is not a Christian thing, by any stretch. How would one come to that conclusion anyway?

Watching youtube and reading online articles may be entertaining but dude, go to the library. Visit a museum. Go to a local school, take a class.

Don't let youtube and online articles be your only source.

HN

yes even i myself who does the looking up articles too agrees that its not all solid. not everyone on the internet is hard core scientist. i want to believe myself something may happen in 2012 *even though im agnostic and im suposed to be damned to hell at least to everyone else whos a.. nvm i wont go that farXD*

if something happens in 2012 i hope its the idea of what the 2002 movie "Time Machine" had in mind but thats just movie ideas. it would be nice. a clean new world but not the end. im sure many think this if they think of the world instead of humanity. but thats just me anyway.

question. what is with all this science pointing towards 2012. or is this just a play or words. or just scientific facts with the mere idea it will happen in 2012?

oh btw the "Rapture" is a term people wanna believe that every good christian will be picked up off the earth and the rest of humanity to suffer here on earth to what ever hellish like thing they think of. ithink its like a reversal quicker version of The Revolations Great Turbulation ((sorry if grammer and spelling is wrong)).

yes even i myself who does the looking up articles too agrees that its not all solid. not everyone on the internet is hard core scientist. i want to believe myself something may happen in 2012 *even though im agnostic and im suposed to be damned to hell at least to everyone else whos a.. nvm i wont go that farXD*

if something happens in 2012 i hope its the idea of what the 2002 movie "Time Machine" had in mind but thats just movie ideas. it would be nice. a clean new world but not the end. im sure many think this if they think of the world instead of humanity. but thats just me anyway.

question. what is with all this science pointing towards 2012. or is this just a play or words. or just scientific facts with the mere idea it will happen in 2012?

oh btw the "Rapture" is a term people wanna believe that every good christian will be picked up off the earth and the rest of humanity to suffer here on earth to what ever hellish like thing they think of. ithink its like a reversal quicker version of The Revolations Great Turbulation ((sorry if grammer and spelling is wrong)).

What science are you talking about that points to 2012 as anything more than just another year? I know of no reputable science that says 2012 has more signifivance than any other year. This whole 2012 idea in my opinion is just new age horse hooey shoveled out for someone to try and get famous or make a buck. Honestly all that is going to happen in 2012 is the same stuff that has been happening throughout human history. There will be natural disasters, war, famine, life, death, good times, bad times, tensions between nations, ect., just like this year, last year, and every year man has been alive on this planet.

question. what is with all this science pointing towards 2012.

No science is pointing anything towards 2012.

Elvis is alive. He and Bigfoot are just taking some time to visit and feed Nessie before Tinkerbell hits them with pixie dust and they can go play pirates and Indians in never-never land.

i personally Know this to be unTrue.

As -

Elvis, and Jackie-o ride around this planet, in a 'flying saucer', giving away Pink Cadillacs, at KFC's.

But Only in the USA however ...

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

http://gizmomash.com/latest-news/business/...be-channel.html

Edited by tomt

Watching youtube and reading online articles may be entertaining but dude, go to the library. Visit a museum. Go to a local school, take a class.

Don't let youtube and online articles be your only source.

HN

Your post really made me laugh....visit museum,taking class..lol !! "dude"..name one museum in this whole

world that has anything to do with 2012..as far as local school or talking class...dude..you think there are no online

classes about 2012,that you can see on youtube? think again..i was watching many of them.Today everything is on

internet.Go to youtube and in search,type in 2012 conference...

there was a few documentaries on History channel about it. they didnt absolutely say it would happen. but would have a higher chance of it happening then. though of course if it didnt happen it would sure to come years after. as our atmosphere is weakening.

there was a few documentaries on History channel about it. they didnt absolutely say it would happen. but would have a higher chance of it happening then. though of course if it didnt happen it would sure to come years after. as our atmosphere is weakening.

Hi, this is my first post, so if it isn't completely in order, excuse my ignorance.

You can find information on this topic at the History Channel under these titles:

Decoding The Past:

Biblical Disasters.

Cults: Dangerous Devotion

Doomsday 2012: The End of Days

Mayan Doomsday Prophecy

Mysteries of the Garden of Eden

Nazi Prophecies.

The Other Nostradamus.

ive already seen a few of those.

• 1 month later...

God first

Beloved The Worlds Wolf

God loves you my friends

what if 2012 and our date off and it happens 2009 or 2015?

what life almost dies out and life goes on with rumors of wars and everything other

what we are not for Christ to come but Christ comes all the time

our death is what we looking for and we change like an butterfly

what 2012 means nothing at all just they did do it pass that date

thank you

with love and a holy kiss Roy

um... oohh kay. so that didnt make a bit of sence but ok? XD

Prior to asking if this would prove their predictions right, you should first find out what their predictions are.

I think you will be hard-pressed to find actual, first-hand, predictions. Mostly it's people saying that others predicted these things, but no actual sources to the actual predictions themselves.

Frankly, it gets to the point where you ask yourself "Hasn't anyone predicted anything about 2012?"

Finally someone who agrees with me anyways heres a video that could help some people out on this topic

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...videoid=9182939

Its Penn & Tellers show bull! where they debunk alot of stuff with actual scientific facts to back there theories up