Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why vampires couldn't exist

UM-Bot

Nonono. Blood isn't food. Blood isn't there to help them survive. Vampires must kill PEOPLE (not animals) and consume their blood out of PUNISHMENT. Come on people, how hard is that concept to grasp?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• kie

• theSOURCE

• Oen Anderson

Nonono. Blood isn't food. Blood isn't there to help them survive. Vampires must kill PEOPLE (not animals) and consume their blood out of PUNISHMENT. Come on people, how hard is that concept to grasp?

well couldn't it be possible that vampires are actually drinking blood to make up for there own lack of blood, or correct blood cells, or to drain the life force so that they may spend more time on earth and not pass on to whatever afterlife awaits them.

Edited by kie

well couldn't it be possible that vampires are actually drinking the blood to make up for there own lack of blood, or correct blood cells, or to drain the lifefource so that they may spend more time on earth and not pass on to whatever afterlife awaits them.

No. o_o They're dead, they couldn't process the blood even if they wanted to. They seriously are nothing more than zombies, reanimated corpses that have returned to earth to serve an eternal punishment for sinning.

No. o_o They're dead, they couldn't process the blood even if they wanted to. They seriously are nothing more than zombies, reanimated corpses that have returned to earth to serve an eternal punishment for sinning.

where did you find this out, i'm actually very curious, because honestly i've been thinking of vampires as being a branch humanoids with some mutation, maybe even curse that makes them feed of other sentient beings life force. and any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

^_^

I agree with the other post about how bad the disproving technique is. If they were real and could actually control who they turned that whole argument is pointless

I'm so glad that they did this research and issued a statement about how it isn't possible for vampires to exist.

It's a good thing that we have already cured AIDS and cancer so these guys have this kind of time on their hands and the press is so intrested.

There are NO vampires.

<_<

HN

Gawd! Someone really did p*** in the gene pool!

ROTFLMAO I'll have to remember that line.

where did you find this out, i'm actually very curious, because honestly i've been thinking of vampires as being a branch humanoids with some mutation, maybe even curse that makes them feed of other sentient beings life force. and any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

^_^

Several months of research--the origin of the vampire, the reason, etc.

And common sense--that dead things cannot process material of any kind. If vampires were returned to life, then they could consume blood and it affect them, but they were not brought back to life. They were reanimated (which means that the corpse was given the ability to move, but not live) through black magic. They cannot speak, think, or do anything on their own. As, I think it was, OldTimeRadio, said earlier they're basically your modern zombie in every shape and form.

^_^

I wish I had a source for the original ghoul-type vampire. The others I can point you in the right direction.

Blood-sucking came from the Slavic people, around the 9th century. Garlic comes from Romania, where it was placed on windows or rubbed on cows (I can't talk, we tip them over here). The first vampire to die due to sunlight is Count Orlock, from the movie Nosferatu (1922) (incidentaly, one of the more accurate portrayals of the vampire of legend), and the reason for such an unusual death is due to director F.W. Murnau's desire to take full advantage of the exciting new medium known as film.

Immortality...well, if you're undead, you kind of have to be immortal, so this is pretty much the only common factor among the vampires.

Big Vlad never actually did anything vampire-like (although he did have a fairly direct method of posting warning signs on his property). It is alleged that he was the basis for Bram Stoker's memorable character. I would honestly say that the modern-day, Blade-esque vampire began in the 1970's with the publication of Anne Rice’s novel Interview with the Vampire in 1976.

"Every age embraces the vampire it needs."

— Nina Auerbach Our Vampires, Ourselves

The article makes several assumptions which are likely incorrect. They assume Vampires are dead, they are not. They are no more dead than midgets or giants which live among us. We see them in the circus or the NBA. If Vampires do exist, they live among us as well.

The second incorrect assumption is that they suddenly show up in the 1600's. If they exist they have been with us for thousands of years, just like the midgets and giants.

Third, they do not eat only blood no more than you eat only chile cheese dogs. Blood is only consumed in small quantities once or twice a month, usually while eating the liver or heart of their victim. They are really more of a cannibal than anything else. The rest of the time, they eat chile cheese dogs just like you do.

They are not immortal, it only seems that way because they do not appear to age like a normal human. They may be sixty years old and look no older than thirty-five. And where the normal life span of a human is 72 years, a Vampire, if they do exist, lives to be between 100-120. At least, since they had to interbreed with humans to keep from going extinct anyway. Even the Bible talks about how Adam and Eve and their children lived to be almost a thousand years old. If you believe the Bible, and it is either all true or all a lie, then why not believe Vampires used to live to be nearly six thousand years old. That would certainly make them seem immortal to humans.

I think there should be some research done to see if there are any intelligent mathmaticians. These guys did an aweful job of proving Vampires don't exist by using math!

There are people that like the taste of blood and those sick ones that wouldn't mind cannibolism but its another dumb thing to take a myth and blow it out of porpotion just beacuse of some ancient stories. Some people will claim to be vamps and drink blood now and its just entertainment. Animals are delicious, stick to animals

There are people that like the taste of blood and those sick ones that wouldn't mind cannibolism but its another dumb thing to take a myth and blow it out of porpotion just beacuse of some ancient stories. Some people will claim to be vamps and drink blood now and its just entertainment. Animals are delicious, stick to animals

Several months of research--the origin of the vampire, the reason, etc.

And common sense--that dead things cannot process material of any kind. If vampires were returned to life, then they could consume blood and it affect them, but they were not brought back to life. They were reanimated (which means that the corpse was given the ability to move, but not live) through black magic. They cannot speak, think, or do anything on their own. As, I think it was, OldTimeRadio, said earlier they're basically your modern zombie in every shape and form.

but i said they where using it for nourishment, there using the blood to get to the energy that might in your terms "reanimate" them.

I wish I had a source for the original ghoul-type vampire. The others I can point you in the right direction.

Blood-sucking came from the Slavic people, around the 9th century. Garlic comes from Romania, where it was placed on windows or rubbed on cows (I can't talk, we tip them over here). The first vampire to die due to sunlight is Count Orlock, from the movie Nosferatu (1922) (incidentaly, one of the more accurate portrayals of the vampire of legend), and the reason for such an unusual death is due to director F.W. Murnau's desire to take full advantage of the exciting new medium known as film.

Immortality...well, if you're undead, you kind of have to be immortal, so this is pretty much the only common factor among the vampires.

Big Vlad never actually did anything vampire-like (although he did have a fairly direct method of posting warning signs on his property). It is alleged that he was the basis for Bram Stoker's memorable character. I would honestly say that the modern-day, Blade-esque vampire began in the 1970's with the publication of Anne Rice’s novel Interview with the Vampire in 1976.

"Every age embraces the vampire it needs."

— Nina Auerbach Our Vampires, Ourselves

thanks this is great. :D

Someone put me out of this misery--I'm so sick of people that don't understand mythology.

Aquatus's examples are great, but I do think it needs to be pointed out why these portions of the myth in varying cultures were added, and to know that the vampire isn't affected by all of them. Romanian adaptations would be affected by the use of garlic, as it was believed to ward off evil entities. Sunlight was a holy force and deterred dark matter and evil, and purified that which could stand in it--another portion of the initial myth. Water is also seen as similar. Silver, also. To consume blood and flesh in itself is a sin, but was directed as the key punishment from the sins they had committed during life--that was the most notable feature of the first vampire.

Vampires are dead. They are the remains of people who have sinned. Absolute end of the story here, folks. They're dead. Dead as a doornail, dead as the worm I stepped on this morning, dead as well--a corpse.

They don't consume blood for energy, they consume the blood and flesh of their kin out of punishment for those sins they committed. Which obviously means they can't consume animals.

They aren't pretty, and they sure as hell don't sparkle. They don't age because, duh, they're dead, but they don't look young forever. Being corpses, they decay, like any other dead thing. Purple, bloated, ugly, stinky, putrid, whatever you want to describe them as. Anyone that believes a vampire to be handsome has been influenced by Stoker, as he is the first person to create the "handsome"/"ageless" vampire. Which is false. Sorry.

They aren't immortal, either. Immortal suggests they cannot be killed--and vampires can be killed very easily. They were once mortal beings, though they aren't immortal. They can't live forever and they can die.

I'll finish later. o:

They do exist. Try the local bank/ATM and or even credit union.

Or any Law Firm, car dealership, or telemarketing agency.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

Someone put me out of this misery--I'm so sick of people that don't understand mythology.

Aquatus's examples are great, but I do think it needs to be pointed out why these portions of the myth in varying cultures were added, and to know that the vampire isn't affected by all of them. Romanian adaptations would be affected by the use of garlic, as it was believed to ward off evil entities. Sunlight was a holy force and deterred dark matter and evil, and purified that which could stand in it--another portion of the initial myth. Water is also seen as similar. Silver, also. To consume blood and flesh in itself is a sin, but was directed as the key punishment from the sins they had committed during life--that was the most notable feature of the first vampire.

Vampires are dead. They are the remains of people who have sinned. Absolute end of the story here, folks. They're dead. Dead as a doornail, dead as the worm I stepped on this morning, dead as well--a corpse.

They don't consume blood for energy, they consume the blood and flesh of their kin out of punishment for those sins they committed. Which obviously means they can't consume animals.

They aren't pretty, and they sure as hell don't sparkle. They don't age because, duh, they're dead, but they don't look young forever. Being corpses, they decay, like any other dead thing. Purple, bloated, ugly, stinky, putrid, whatever you want to describe them as. Anyone that believes a vampire to be handsome has been influenced by Stoker, as he is the first person to create the "handsome"/"ageless" vampire. Which is false. Sorry.

They aren't immortal, either. Immortal suggests they cannot be killed--and vampires can be killed very easily. They were once mortal beings, though they aren't immortal. They can't live forever and they can die.

I'll finish later. o:

What's your take on the "Holy Communion" where people eat the body and drink the blood of Christ on Sunday morning?

What's your take on the "Holy Communion" where people eat the body and drink the blood of Christ on Sunday morning?

Seeing as cannibalism is a sin, I don't think that anyone ever consumed the blood of Christ. Ever.

If that was meant as a serious question.

Also. Decided not to finish. I totally forgot where I was going anyway.

Edited by Ebonykrow

Shaka, you'll note that there was no "Tooth Fairy Plague" in Central and Eastern Europe between 1690 and 1750. :)

I'll finish later. o:

ok just chill i was asking about the Myths and clarifying my question ebonykrow since you wanted to talk about blood, there was no need to get in a tizzy. by the way there are a great variety of myths concerning vampires, the few that i read and heard led me to my opinion. and excuse me if i offend you but it seems that yours are only concerning the christian beliefs.

Edited by kie

im not saying vampires are real, because i dont think they are, however there ARE people who believe they are vampires and go as far as drinking other peoples blood. And who the hell are we, as humans, to think that there is nothing beyond science. Ever heard of this guy

he died (properly) and was brought back to life by a witch doctor. lets see science explain that?

ok just chill i was asking about the Myths and clarifying my question ebonykrow since you wanted to talk about blood, there was no need to get in a tizzy. by the way there are a great variety of myths concerning vampires, the few that i read and heard led me to my opinion. and excuse me if i offend you but it seems that yours are only concerning the christian beliefs.

Not in a tizzy, just trying to make deeper clarifications. However, there are not a variety of myths about vampires, just vampire-like creatures. Please try to remember that nearly every culture has their own take on the flesh-consuming undead, however, that does not automatically rule the creature as a vampire. I am only concerning Christian beliefs because that is where the "vampire", the word, the origin, the creature, came from. Again, there is only one VAMPIRE, but there are many vampire-LIKE creatures. Don't use the word liberally, or to describe a singular entity. That's what offends me, is when people just throw myths around like they're meaningless--what people don't understand is that mythology is the foundation for religions (they are one in the same) and I take my mythology very seriously. I'm in no way a Christian, but it's unfair to favorite one myth over the other. They all deserve to be regarded. Admittedly, there is not a lot of information out there about the many vampire-like creatures throughout the world's cultures, it's true most places simply clump them all together as "vampires"; but just because one place, or one hundred places, does it, does not mean it is correct.

im not saying vampires are real, because i dont think they are, however there ARE people who believe they are vampires and go as far as drinking other peoples blood. And who the hell are we, as humans, to think that there is nothing beyond science. Ever heard of this guy
he died (properly) and was brought back to life by a witch doctor. lets see science explain that?

They don't believe they're vampires, otherwise they'd attempt displaying vampire-like traits. They just think they're hot stuff and try flaunting the newest look in pretend-goth, and poison themselves by consuming unreal amounts of rabbits blood at blood bars.

Totally vampires. Srsly.

• 2 weeks later...
Shaka, you'll note that there was no "Tooth Fairy Plague" in Central and Eastern Europe between 1690 and 1750. :)

Or was there?.....................

• 3 weeks later...

im glad there are still people out there who think vampires are fake.

i don't know how many people i ran into who say "i'm a vampire"

im glad there are still people out there who think vampires are fake.

i don't know how many people i ran into who say "i'm a vampire"

You're a vampire?

<_<

HN