Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mentalcase

Refreshing, time

8 posts in this topic

You last visited on 11 Nov 2002 18:16

The time now is 11 Nov 2002 18:16

SaRuMaN,

I noticed when you refresh the forum homepage the login time resets and then you can't see the new posts.

MC

MC,

I have been looking into this problem on the phpBB home page. Unlike YaBB, phpBB marks posts as unread only if the time of posting is before the current login time. When you refresh the login time changes to the current time, and therefore the posts are marked as read, even if you haven't read them yet.

It seems that there are a lot of people complaining about this on the phpBB site, and someone has coded a module that fixes the problem and will make the new posts work the same as they did in YaBB. The module isn't quite available yet, as the author is packaging it up for general use. This should be available within the next few days, so I will be sure to implement it as soon as I get a hold of it.

I'll post more information about this once the module becomes available.

SaRuMaN,

Cool! I love that feature though, so much easier to check on the bad people! Also, when you click the page back, it resets the time as well.

MC

Erm just an observation and a suggestion.

When you post a reply, is there any way of bypassing the notification message that allows you to view the message or return to the forum? It seems like a round-the-houses way of doing it... Can we not just go straight to viewing the message we just posted?

:?:

Loonboy,

After you make a post - wait five seconds and you will be automatically returned to the thread in which you just posted without having to click on anything. ;)

I always said patience was overrated.

:mrgreen:

Regarding the module for correctly displaying the posts that you have and have not read :

The author thinks that this module will be available by the middle of the week sometime - so I should be able to get a hold of it very soon.

I'll post more on this subject once I've got the module installed on the forum.

Another update on this mod:

Almost a week after the previously announced release date the authors are still working on this mod, but seem to think it will be ready very soon.

With any luck they will have it all working and ready for download before the start of next week.