Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Image of Jesus' appears on church door

UM-Bot

church.jpg
A church in Alabama is attracting attention this week due to its claim that the image of Jesus has appeared on one of their doors. The church had been undergoing renovation and the image appeared after the doors had been varnished.

"A church in Silverhill Alabama said the image of Jesus has appeared in their church. The church is calling it a sign form above. In November The Little Welcome Baptist Church made renovations on the church but then decided to build another one. Members said after adding varnish to doors inside the church, an image appeared in the wood."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Fox10tv

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• behaviour???

• schizoidwoman

• Grandpa Greenman

• Orcseeker

I don't see anything that looks like Jesus, but I do see what looks like a very angry frog...

Jesus face always appears in my soup if i stir it long enough with my spoon. I must be the chosen one :P

Some people really are blind all it is is two similar wood grains flipped and glued next to each other. It probably looked like that when it was originally stained who knows how long ago.

It's not Jesus it's the Green Man.

I can sort of see what they mean, it reminds me a bit of the image in the shroud of Turin....but it's only the grain in the wood, that's all.

It isn't Jesus. It's Saruman.

linked-image

Silly mistake.

HN

linked-image

Silly mistake.

HN

Easy mistake to make!

It's not Jesus it's the Green Man.

lol yes with a very big nose ! and not looking too happy !

I think the funniest one has to be the Jesus on the dog's butt.

linked-image

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Seems strange but could Jesus be his cruel faced

Thanks

B???

A church in Silverhill Alabama said the image of Jesus has appeared in their church. The church is calling it a sign form above. In November The Little Welcome Baptist Church made renovations on the church but then decided to build another one. Members said after adding varnish to doors inside the church, an image appeared in the wood.

It becomes apparant that the following is required:

linked-image

I don't see anything that looks like Jesus, but I do see what looks like a very angry frog...

hehe ya i dee that too :P

linked-image

Silly mistake.

HN

Hilarious! My first thought was the tree guy from The Two Towers................ :lol:

Poor old Jesus. Bad enough he ended up crucified but apparently, according to that picture, his face actually MELTED too.

Surely if attendance figures were down that much, Jesus could think of something rather more spectacular to prove his existence than appearing on a church door or (as in other cases) causing the face of the virgin Mary to appear on a crumpet?

The white wizard approaches...

church.jpg

A church in Alabama is attracting attention this week due to its claim that the image of Jesus has appeared on one of their doors. The church had been undergoing renovation and the image appeared after the doors had been varnished.

"A church in Silverhill Alabama said the image of Jesus has appeared in their church. The church is calling it a sign form above. In November The Little Welcome Baptist Church made renovations on the church but then decided to build another one. Members said after adding varnish to doors inside the church, an image appeared in the wood."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | linked-imageSource: Fox10tv

Yeah and the Virgin Mary appears on a tortilla . . . .

causing the face of the virgin Mary to appear on a crumpet?

Yeah and the Virgin Mary appears on a tortilla . . . .

and on toast

The Virgin Mary apparently likes being eaten. :innocent:

:whistle:

If it is Jesus, he looks pretty ticked off about something.

As a Christian I just have to shake my head. How that looks like Jesus is beyond me. As some have said, it looks like an angry face of sorts. Furthermore, why would Jesus appear on this particular church door? Maybe they're just using it like a Christmas tree to draw people in.

I agree with those that call wood grain.

Poor old Jesus. Bad enough he ended up crucified but apparently, according to that picture, his face actually MELTED too.

Surely if attendance figures were down that much, Jesus could think of something rather more spectacular to prove his existence than appearing on a church door or (as in other cases) causing the face of the virgin Mary to appear on a crumpet?

Unfortunate enough How could this prove the existence of God?

This could be meely As I must say a marking which at some cause had been done before the varnish and later noticed

Thanks

B???

If it is Jesus, he looks pretty ticked off about something.

He's annoyed because people think he looks like a frog!

• 5 weeks later...

He does look like a frog or a Lovecraftian deep one! I'm surprised of what people make of some wood grain in their minds...

Edited by Camazotz86