Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptians in the Grand Canyon

icet925

No census of the natives was taken. This is a racist myth.

No, this is a historical fact. Read the aztec accounts of the fall of Tenochtitlan, or oral Native American history. Or just look at the fact that the first European voyagers always talk about lots and lots of people and the ones coming later find no-one. Or the documented smallpox epidemics of the 18th century.

We're talking about the 19th dynasty and you have no evidence to support your claim.

Apart from this well-sourced paper I have nothing.

Irrelevant to the topic.

How do you think the museums kept the bugs from chewing up all those precious mummies? They used insecticides on them, which were made of tobacco.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Total Science

• Mattshark

• Leonardo

• kmt_sesh

You are aware that the recession of the moon from earth's orbit is due the transfer of rotational momentum from the earth to the moon, correct? You are also aware that this recession is not a linear relationship, as suggested by the quotes.......

100% :tu:

A simple check into the physics of the Moon will derail fact-cherry pickers. If the Moon was not affected by the Earth's gravity well, then wouldn't it have flown off into deep space soon after it formed? :huh:

Please dont derail the topic.

The topic is not about Newtonian Model or whatever but about the possibility of Egyptian presence in the Americas.

Stick to it.

Sure, if this guy is going on picking on Newton like this, it must have been a fairly heavy apple that fell on his head (not newton's head, but the user's head)

Please dont derail the topic.

The topic is not about Newtonian Model or whatever but about the possibility of Egyptian presence in the Americas.

Stick to it.

Sure, if this guy is going on picking on Newton like this, it must have been a fairly heavy apple that fell on his head (not newton's head, but the user's head)

I agree with you, but be fair. If we stayed on topic, it would become even more transparent that he a) doesn't really know what he's talking about and B) can't defend his position, at least not amongst rational people.

--Jaylemurph

edit: grammar

Edited by jaylemurph

How do you think the museums kept the bugs from chewing up all those precious mummies? They used insecticides on them, which were made of tobacco.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but doesn't the fact that 3500-year-old embalmed human corpses have surely lost much of their nutritive value, even to insects, also enter into it?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but doesn't the fact that 3500-year-old embalmed human corpses have surely lost much of their nutritive value, even to insects, also enter into it?

I work with the Egyptian exhibit at the Field Museum in Chicago. I can't say what precise chemicals the museum conservators use with their work, but they do occasionally enter the display cases to spray the contents--including the mummies. I'm also no entomologist, but in my time at the museum I've learned there is a wide variety of insects that would be only too happy to munch on mummies. To them the desiccated flesh is nutritional.

One of the worst things for museums is insect infestation. Nothing will damage delicate, organic relics like insects. And they work fast, the little buggers. It's a constant battle to make sure the insects stay out. Compounding the problem with mummies is moisture. That's why display cases with mummies in modern museums are carefully climate controlled. Should a mummy get moist, such as from an excess of humidity, it will quickly attract molds and fungi. At that point it can be extremely difficult to save the mummy. And to top it off, a moist mummy would be even tastier to insects.

I know many insecticides contain nicotine but didn't know they have been used on mummies. Like I said, I am not knowledgeable on the tactics of conservators, but I tried to look into it more on the Net. I couldn't find anything. The next time I come across one of these folks at the museum I'll have to ask about it. Doesn't happen very often, though--they usually come into the exhibits well after hours, of course.

• 7 months later...

They found the substances within the mummies, not just on the skin, etc. They also found hashish, a Middle East chemical drug. There are people who have found the Egyptian hieroglyphs on rocks in the Canyon.

They found the substances within the mummies, not just on the skin, etc. They also found hashish, a Middle East chemical drug. There are people who have found the Egyptian hieroglyphs on rocks in the Canyon.

And you have sources for these claims, that we can check? Because I don't know who "they" are and sorry I'm not just going to take your word for it either.

Have these alleged "Egyptian hieroglyphs" been identified by an egyptologist? And also source?

And you have sources for these claims, that we can check? Because I don't know who "they" are and sorry I'm not just going to take your word for it either.

Have these alleged "Egyptian hieroglyphs" been identified by an egyptologist? And also source?

What, Searcher, you doubt that Egyptians carved hieroglyphs in the Grand Canyon? My goodness, where's your "open mind" (i.e., wind tunnel)? :w00t:

Man, I thought this inane thread had died a well-deserved, natural death. Necroposting has reared its ugly head again.

What, Searcher, you doubt that Egyptians carved hieroglyphs in the Grand Canyon? My goodness, where's your "open mind" (i.e., wind tunnel)? :w00t:

Man, I thought this inane thread had died a well-deserved, natural death. Necroposting has reared its ugly head again.

I have closed my open mind with a sophisticated bollox detector, works better this way and avoid draft in wide open spaces.

I've noticed the necroposting a few times again already, someone is getting bored with the current discussions :w00t:

We can hardly criticise necroposting on the one hand, and constantly suggest using the search function on the other, so I'm glad to see it myself. Glad, that is, as long as the necroposter reads the content that is already posted in the old thread.

Harte

We can hardly criticise necroposting on the one hand, and constantly suggest using the search function on the other, so I'm glad to see it myself. Glad, that is, as long as the necroposter reads the content that is already posted in the old thread.

Harte

Good point that. You are correct oh wise one! We shall heed your advise and speak no more of it. :tu::P

• 2 weeks later...

is their a way you could post a link, maybe do a little research on the internet, see if you can find anything about anything Egyptian found in South America or North America?

I heard recently on tv that egytians tomb were found in the grand canyon in 1909. Was this real or was this a hoax?

If you believe that this is truth, the how do you think it got there.

Let's discuss this topic without any flaming.

There are one or two Eqyptian pyramids with Mayan hieroglyths in but thats not entered the mainstream.

There is also evidence of Celtic buildings in the Americas along with skulls supposed to be Mexican however they have European traights.

There are one or two Eqyptian pyramids with Mayan hieroglyths in but thats not entered the mainstream.

There is also evidence of Celtic buildings in the Americas along with skulls supposed to be Mexican however they have European traights.

Anasazi seems like the most reasonable possibility. All the Egyptian styff was added by an anonymous author and the idea has since been used by the likes of Icke. There's a slim chance of oriental influence but a chance none the less.

http://www.philipcoppens.com/egyptiancanyon.html

As for other peoples in North America, there is Madoc and that has fairly string claims. There are pictures of ships froma round that time though they could be earlier vikings.

http://celticmythpodshow.com/blog/2010/02/13/did-the-ancient-celts-visit-chichen-itza/

The one that I find most amazign is the Calalus. Jews from the 8th century in Arizona. Check it out.

http://miriamhakedosha.blogspot.com/2008/02/calalus-jewish-catholic-state-in-early.html

Thanks Alien for getting me to look up these things again.

Anasazi seems like the most reasonable possibility. All the Egyptian styff was added by an anonymous author and the idea has since been used by the likes of Icke. There's a slim chance of oriental influence but a chance none the less.

http://www.philipcoppens.com/egyptiancanyon.html

As for other peoples in North America, there is Madoc and that has fairly string claims. There are pictures of ships froma round that time though they could be earlier vikings.

http://celticmythpodshow.com/blog/2010/02/13/did-the-ancient-celts-visit-chichen-itza/

The one that I find most amazign is the Calalus. Jews from the 8th century in Arizona. Check it out.

http://miriamhakedosha.blogspot.com/2008/02/calalus-jewish-catholic-state-in-early.html

Thanks Alien for getting me to look up these things again.

No. A couple of the very first Eygptian pyramids in the Sahara do have Mayan hierglyths in. That along with Cocaine found in mummies indicates pre-columbus contact.

Celtic buildings have been found. The cloud people (who were Nordic in appearnce) had them however their dna analysis is supposed to show they evolved European traights without European genelogy. Their blond, red hair, green and blue eyes are supposed to be independantly evolved. Celtic buildings have also been found in the US along with ancient cultural texts saying red haired people existed in those parts.

No. A couple of the very first Eygptian pyramids in the Sahara do have Mayan hierglyths in. That along with Cocaine found in mummies indicates pre-columbus contact.

Celtic buildings have been found. The cloud people (who were Nordic in appearnce) had them however their dna analysis is supposed to show they evolved European traights without European genelogy. Their blond, red hair, green and blue eyes are supposed to be independantly evolved. Celtic buildings have also been found in the US along with ancient cultural texts saying red haired people existed in those parts.

A couple of links to sites would be nice.

Or else I could as well say here there are traces of ancient Bantus in Lapland, and 'now you find out where I read it'...

Claiming that the Mayans managed to leave behind markings on something that predated their culture is going to need something back that up.

Claiming that the Mayans managed to leave behind markings on something that predated their culture is going to need something back that up.

I'll try to find Egyptian hieroglyphs depicting ancient coke-snorting Mayans in a boat, ok?

w00t.gif

I'll try to find Egyptian hieroglyphs depicting ancient coke-snorting Mayans in a boat, ok?

w00t.gif

I'd be indebted to you. :)

Hall of Ma'at reference for the cocaine mummies.

The Stoned Age, by Duncan Edlin

I think this part is fairly important:

Most importantly it's been noted that the identification of cocaine in Egyptian mummies needs to be verified by researchers from an independent laboratory. [52] The only Egyptian mummies to have tested positive for cocaine originate from the Munich museum and these samples all passed through Balabanova's laboratory.

Edited by ShadowSot

I wish you would point out the source of this information because, trust me, it's patently absurd. I have studied Egypt for over twenty years and you will find nothing of the sort in any Egyptian pyramid. But of course this is obvious. The first Egyptian pyramid was built for Djoser around 2600 BCE. The Maya and their glyphic script would not exist for millennia after that.

Timelines, people. Observe proper timelines! That will at least get everyone going in the right direction.

And the "cocaine mummies" are not taken seriously in the scientific community. At best it's a matter of contamination, at worst (given the manner of examination this might be more likely) it's a hoax to which the uninformed media has attached itself like a giddy schoolgirl. :rolleyes:

I wish you would point out the source of this information because, trust me, it's patently absurd. I have studied Egypt for over twenty years and you will find nothing of the sort in any Egyptian pyramid. But of course this is obvious. The first Egyptian pyramid was built for Djoser around 2600 BCE. The Maya and their glyphic script would not exist for millennia after that.

Timelines, people. Observe proper timelines! That will at least get everyone going in the right direction.

And the "cocaine mummies" are not taken seriously in the scientific community. At best it's a matter of contamination, at worst (given the manner of examination this might be more likely) it's a hoax to which the uninformed media has attached itself like a giddy schoolgirl. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, wasn't cocaine invented in the 19th Century? How was it supposed to have gotten to the mummies except by contamination? Time Travel? Coke dealing seems extraordinarily unlike Doctor Who, I have to say.

--Jaylemurph

Is Obama the clone of Akhenaten?

Barackhenaten & Renaissance Tiye with Radiance & Rosebud

President Barack Obama looks amazingly like Akhenaten the father of monotheism. Michelle Obama looks amazingly like Akhenaten's mother, Queen Tiye. Akhenaten had two daughters by Nefertiti They look amazingly like Malia and Sasha. The code names of Renegade, Renaissance, Radiance and Rosebud correlate well with the ancient depiction of the Royal Family.

There's a whole forum of conspiracy theory loonies here you can debate this non-sense with. Hell, you could even start a thread here on it, if you were masochistic enough.

But it's not appropriate /at all/ in this particular thread.

--Jaylemurph

He also looks like this fellow:

firstframe.jpg

Apparently he's also a clone of Kar.

Or, y'know, he's African, and looks like someone who's also African.

I'm two generations English, and have been told I'm a dead ringer for Prince Harry.