Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery sonar images detected at Loch Ness

UM-Bot

lochness2.jpg
The cast of the stage version of classic sitcom "Allo Allo" were on the Jacobite Queen taking a trip up Loch Ness when several mysterious sonar images were detected, the first of this kind in 15 years according to the boat's captain John Askew.

"Celebrity stage stars of the classic TV sitcom 'Allo 'Allo are at the centre of a Nessie mystery. And a leading Loch Ness expert is baffled by one of the most unusual sonar readings recorded on Loch Ness while the cast was on a pleasure cruise. Sonar pictures taken on the voyage revealed five unexplained images which have lead to monster speculation."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | linked-imageSource: Highland News

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Undeadskeptic

• Lt_Ripley

• www375

• schizoidwoman

I think I've been found out. I'll get my coat... :ph34r:

How can you be an expert on something that doesn't exist??? <_<

Where is your proof it dosent exist

Edited by louie

Lol, I can only assume/hope that was irony. If not, god* help us D:

*Saying, not the fictional character

Edited by TheResearcher

That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.................. :lol:

I had to do a double take right at the beginning... is Allo Allo still making the rounds!?!?

Well you felt the big enough man to tell a person what they believed did not exist, with absoutley nothing to back up your childish claim, the op you refered to in a matter of minutes would be able to provide you with pictures, eye witness reports, news paper and television reports, to back his claim, and what did you provide, nothing,zilch, nada.

so state your case and dont just shoot random statements at people with nothing to back up your claim.

and if they prove it does ?? what kind of expert does that make you ?

i will saey thees only wonce, do not beee ahlarmed, but thaer ees a large reptilliaan hanimal swumming undoor hour boooat....

Translation: I'm smarter than anyone whose beliefs are different from mine, so I don't need to provide evidence to back up my claims. If you dare to ask me why I'm so sure my beliefs are correct the correct ones, I will show my superior intelligence and maturity by laughing at you.

and if they prove it does ?? what kind of expert does that make you ?

It's up to the person making the ridiculous claim to come up with evidence, not the person rejecting the moronic idea.

It's up to the person making the ridiculous claim to come up with evidence, not the person rejecting the moronic idea.

If this were true, there would be no need in the world for references, fotenotes, or sources. Both parties are equally responsible to explain what spews forth from their speaking orifice. Whether it be their mouth or their ***.

i will saey thees only wonce, do not beee ahlarmed, but thaer ees a large reptilliaan hanimal swumming undoor hour boooat....

ouch aye

I find this post ridiculously amusing, you've brightened a dull morning! :lol:

If someone wanted to know something about the Loch Ness Monster, Adrian Shine (the expert you're talking about) is the man to talk to, there is nothing "Loch Ness Monster" related that this man does not know. This in my mind certainly makes him an expert, even though the article carefully avoids calling him a "Loch Ness Monster Expert", which you seem to think it did. If you read the article, all it says is "Loch Ness Expert"... which refers to the Loch itself, and not the creature. He has done many scientific papers on the Loch ( http://www.adrianshine.com/Adrian%20Shine%...ness_papers.htm ) which certainly backs this up.

He's a marine biologist who has dedicated many years studying the various reports and images in a scientific way, and explaining what they really are, he runs the Loch Ness centre in Drumnadrochit, which i've visited, where theres displays of all the sightings/images over the years and what they really were, it also has a lot of information about the Loch itself, which in its own right is a very interesting subject. He's on your side, he isn't sitting there saying he has evidence that the Loch Ness Monster exists. He thoroughly analyzes every reported sighting, and has dismissed pretty much all of them as being something other than a Loch Ness Monster, the rest are simply inconclusive.

Hope that clears the matter up for you.

Edited by DrunkDwarf

If this were true, there would be no need in the world for references, fotenotes, or sources. Both parties are equally responsible to explain what spews forth from their speaking orifice. Whether it be their mouth or their ***.

No, just no. Let me use an example.

Woman: Hi Man.

Man: Hi Woman. I am holding an Egg.

Woman: Prove it. I see nothing in your hand. I am forced to believe you are wrong.

Man: Prove that I cannot possibly be holding an egg.

Woman: I cannot. A negative cannot be proven.

Man: Therefore I am holding an Egg.

Now lets see how this could have turned out:

Woman: Hi Man.

Man: Hi woman. I am holding an egg.

Woman: Prove it. I see nothing in your hand. I am forced to believe you are wrong.

Man: Prove that I cannot possibly be holding an egg.

Woman: I cannot prove a negative. It's up for you to show me the egg.

Man: That's unfair, I have no evidence.

Woman: So you are not holding an egg.

Man: No I am not.

Wow.........such vitriolic responses aimed at a personal opinion. Seems like the "believers" are a bit insecure.............

Edited by www375

and how much of a moron would the skeptic be if it were proven ?

Wow.........such vitriolic responses aimed at a personal opinion. Seems like the "believers" are a bit insecure.............

I'm not a believer nor skeptic... remember giant squid used to be just a myth too..but skeptics are just as insecure.

But i mean... surely you didn't expect any less? You realized when you posted it that people would find it offensive

But i mean... surely you didn't expect any less? You realized when you posted it that people would find it offensive

Surly if the case was that you had to prove something didn't exist, a police man could say to you 'you murdered that woman' you reply 'no i didn't' and he replies 'prove otherwise or you're going to jail... doesn't really work does it. Surly its up to someone to prove something exists before another person proves it doesn't, otherwise the news would have to report on every tiny crazy thing that anyone ever believed in?? just my opinion :wacko:

and how much of a moron would the skeptic be if it were proven ?

A big moron for ignoring the evidence. But in the case of Loch Ness there is no evidence. And nothings ever been proven. For about a century now. So it's safe to say that the believers are the morons in this case.

I'm not a believer nor skeptic... remember giant squid used to be just a myth too..but skeptics are just as insecure.

Some believers are insecure. Some skeptics are insecure. Some believers are mentally challeneged. Some skeptics suffered brain damage as children. Some believers are geniuses. Some skeptics are prodigies.

Yoiu simply cannot define a person by something so trivial.