Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Our recording studio is haunted!

Jasak

Hi peeps

This is my first post in here.

Anyhow, let me set you up a bit of a back story. Our band has recently started pre-production on our up comming release. Anyhow, we were given a full house, and funding to turn it into a recording studio. The house is was built in like the 60's or something, anyhow, the house is all fixed up these day, and we have been working in it for the past 5 months.

Well there are a lot of strange things that goes on.

- We will have things that have been sitting on the table (for weeks) all of a sudden fly of the table and roll to the other side of the room.

- We will leave this a certain way, and when we return it is all screwed up and has been moved.

(those are the things we cant see)

- When we will be in the vocal booth tracking vocals, the paper on the music stand will be brushed off, or flip over (like there is a wind, but there is no wind, it is a isolated room).

- Microphone stands will shake, or sway infront of our eyes...

(my worse experience)

- One night it was only myself, and our vocalist in the studio. I was in the control room, he was in the vocal room (other end of the house). All of a sudden there was the feeling that I was not alone in the room, and the darkening of a shadow over the top of me. At the moment I freaked out... I know i was not alone... then all of a sudden, my heart started hurting, it was pulling me down, and I had to physically pull myself out of that room...

When i brought it to our singers attention, he came down (thinking I was kidding), but when he saw the look on my face he knew something was wrong. I told him not to go in that room, he went in, and as soon as he hit the middle of the room, he felt like crap... there was a said, painful feeling in that room that night.... to this day i will never forget that, i couldn't sleep for weeks after that...

Now strange things are happening more and more... when there are about 8 people there, everything is fine, but when there is 2, 3, 4, people things happen...

No one will ever go there, and work on their own n e more because of this, is just gets too weird...

Anyhow, let me know your thoughts...

All that we have been doing latley, is acknowledging their (it's) presence, and letting them know where know they are there... Because you can tell when you walk into a certain room, that you arn't alone...

Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jasak

• Loonboy

• Agent_21

• Babs

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Zith,

Welcome to the board. Has it only been the one time that you have felt threatened?

Are you able to tell if you have more than one energy there?

I'd get a medium in, someone with experience to cleanse the house.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply.

Well I don't know, all I know is, sometime when you walk into a room, it feels heavy, you know your not alone.

I have only been threatened that one time! The other times have just been miscelainous michief i spose you would call it...

Welcome Zith ,

Thats an absolutely facinating story . Does the activity center around anyone in particular ? Has anyone been playing with Ouija boards or similar recently?

It sounds as though you have something which is getting stronger, and you will need to put it in its place almost immediately .

Firstly take control , (your going to feel foolish but do it any way ) you have started well by letting it know , that you know it's there , but now you need to tell it that the studio is your's and if it wishes to continue inhabiting the place it's going to have to get used to the ground rules . Then let it know what you want from it and don't forget to include Scarring the umm talent out of you is not permited .

Then your going to have to try and turn things around don't let it scare you , if it does try to laugh it off , give it a positive name like 'Friendly Pete ' , I know he dosn't seem friendly but honestly it's the best thing you can do . And try to just bring a more up beat positive atmosphere to the studio . I don't know wether it's the negative energy that creates the entity or wether it attracts the entity but it seems to have an impact .

Give that 2 weeks and then see how your getting on .

The oddest part about this is you are going to have to incourage the other people who use the studio to do the same thing .

Oh and if you can, try to take photos . We love those here thumbsup.gif

Thanks Kimsit...

Yeh we have been trying to... We have a mascot 'blow up doll' (not like that! haha), his name is Jon, so everytime something strange happens, we just shrug it off and say that our doll has gone and done it...

Yeh we will try and lay down the ground rules for it... See how it goes...

Oh and about the pictures, we are actually documenting everytihg we do in the studio, as part of the video journal... so I am sure if something is able to be caught on film, it more than likely will be... check it out anyhow, you will see what I mean... Lik-Wid.net

Wow, that is freaky. I didn't know ghosts could physically hurt people. But I do know what kind of feeling your talking about- that feeling that there is someone else there, you can feel a pair of eyes on you, when you're "alone". Maybe you could see if anything happened there, in that house, or before the house was built. What does everyone else who works at the studio think? Do they think its haunted? Wierd? Normal?

I would suggest leaving a locked off camera in the most active room and setting up trigger objects to see what you get.

As you've already been advised, try to remain positive and in control.

Let us know what happens and post any evidence..........I'd be fascinated to see it. thumbsup.gif

Sounds like the spirit is doing two things:

1: Getting your attention - by disturbing things in your presence and making you aware that the spirit is there. This activity is more or less harmless. Best thing to do, is, as you have done, simply acknowledge it.

2: Trying to communicate an emotional state to you - by making you feel sensations that it felt. In this instance, it's a negative one, so if it does it again, say right away "move away and take that off me". Repeat it a few times until it does it.

Tia is probably correct in that you need to get that place cleansed and encourage that spirit to move on and leave the place.

Good luck. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Loonboy

It may be something to do with the environment you find yourselves in. I have heard of numerous cases of radio studios subject to hauntings and other paranormal activity. The amount and type of electronic equipment present may have something to do with this.

I used to work in a haunted building. My coworker and I had some basic rules that we made that seemed to keep the level of disturbance to a minimum.

1. (I know this is exactly the opposite of what others here have told you) Don't acknowledge the presence. This always made it worse.

2. Do not show any strong emotion, especially negative ones such as anger. This seems to feed it.

3. Try to remain as calm as possible when things happen. It is my opinion that it is trying to scare you so it can feed off your emotions.

There you have it. When made these rules, instances went down quite a bit. Good luck!

a past singer, band member or production worker must have

died there. wacko.gifdevil.gif

What other incidents have happened? I have heard of other studios being haunted too. Maybe it does have something to do with the electrical equipment. ohmy.gifblink.gif

Hi guys

thanks heaps for all your posts...

yeh well the more i think about it, the more confused i am getting... it has been quite good latley, i think mainly because we are always busy, and we are always doing something... other than always being pretty drunk (which desentises our senses) haha...

but i will keep you guys posted. i have been contemplating of leaving the camera recording in a certain room on night vision all night, see what comes up....

onces again, thanks guys

talk soon.

Zith, that's a good idea about the camera recording, but I have a theory that most hauntings are more active when there are people about.

Either they are performing for our benefit, or they use our energy to manifest, or they just like company. blink.gif

Loonboy, I think you have something there. I think you are right.

grin2.gif I luv you too, Loonboy. wavey.gif

I was about to agree with Loonboy too! w00t.gif

*Kismit wonders in , fills all the snack bowls with Murry's mints*

Ooops wrong room , ohmy.gif

*Kismit wonders in , fills all the snack bowls with Murry's mints*

Ooops wrong room ,  ohmy.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I don't think I want to be involved in fighting on the forum, esp with a lady. ohmy.gif

I hope they go ahead with the recording though. thumbsup.gif

hey guys,

thanks for the advice again... and the entertainment hahaha rolleyes.gif

but yeh, we did leave a camera recording all night, the camera did move about an inch, in one movement! that is pretty creepy...

We flew thru the entire 8 hours of footage (fastforwarded it all) that is when we saw the sudden movement of the camera... So we back the tape up, had a look, and the camera definantly moved about an inch! in one movement!

Nothing appeard on the film though...

But i think your partly right, things happen alot more when there are people around, they must feed of energies or emotions or something.

Ill keep you guys posted blink.gif

Hmmm. Was there anything in the location that could account for the movement of the camera? A draught? Air conditioning? Something falling onto the tripod, etc?

It reminds me of an instance of Most Haunted when they visited Tamworth Castle in the midlands. They had a camera set to record a staircase and at one point the camera shifts to the left as if someone is moving it, but yet they claim that nobody was there....

Typical, the camera moves, but whatever moved it is not in shot, I take it? dontgetit.gif

Vibrations caused by the equipment may be responsible. Presumably no playing of amplified instruments was occurring at the time.

Do keep the experiment running. thumbsup.gif